Okay, I give up... ski wear for 3 year old???

(31 Posts)
ovariantryst Thu 19-Jul-12 22:53:52

I really do give up... Surfanic don't make items that small and I've read bad things about Dare2Be zips, plus Trespass just seem a bit cheap. So help me - where do you get clothes for a 3 year old - including base layers and all that jazz?

She'll be about 102cm by the time we go - oh, and to top it off, she's a redhead, so most things pink are out. I am having a nightmare. She's my youngest and last so I don't want to spend a fortune. It'll all be on Ebay once we get back.

deste Sun 05-Aug-12 18:57:42

There is absolutely nothing wrong with Tresspass.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Wed 05-Sep-12 21:03:34

Togg 64 kit has been excellent for our dc

toomuchcoffeetoomuchwine Thu 04-Oct-12 00:58:43

I got my 2yo a Columbia ski suit size 2T off eBay for £12 which was practically new then M&S thermals underneath which worked a treat. Then Bolle goggles for £13 on eBay also which should do another few years. Plus good gloves, if they are cold they will be miserable.

MummaMinnie Wed 17-Oct-12 20:25:58

Helly Hansen make great ski clothes for little ones and our daughter had a really good salopettes and jacket outfit when she was 2 that still fitted when she was 3.

narmada Mon 22-Oct-12 23:34:29

Your DD is is going to be skiing for probably less than a couple of hours a day, right?

You don't need any special kit save for waterproof trousers and a waterproof coat. Really. Trespass are fine. They do small sizes. Age 3 will be fine for a child of that height. It doesn't matter really whether they're going to stay the distance as they'll be done with in one season. For colours, I suggest black. Anything other will be covered in horrible slush marks and mud stains unless you're v lucky to get fabulous, crispy snow cover.

Mittens from Lidl, buy loads, they will get lost.

Base layers - pah. Cotton tops and fleeces from normal clothes shops will be fine, unless you're going to northern Finland or the States/ Canada/ Japan in which case you will likely need proper gear. If it's minus 15, a 3 year old is not going to be out skiing in any case, not unless the instructors are complete sadists.

Snow and Rock and Ellis Brigham are ridiculously pricy - don't go there unless you're desperate. Internet shopping is your friend!

Try Decathalon. Their kit is good, but cheap. Our DSs are good adverts for it!! you might be able to order on line - and if you do, their sizes are small. My boys are 6 and 8, and have been wearing their age 6 and 8 jackets for a couple of years...we'll be upsizing this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now