The warmest ski socks - can anyone recommend?

(9 Posts)
hollydaze Wed 09-Feb-11 12:25:34

I always get freeeezing cold feet when I go skiing. Can anyone recommend reliable warm ski socks? Thank you smile

coffeeicing Wed 09-Feb-11 13:41:27

Falke merino!

GreenAmy Wed 09-Feb-11 15:19:55

You can buy heated ones!

MrsGrahamBellForTheSkiSeason Wed 09-Feb-11 15:30:03

heated clothes well who'd have thunk it shock

oldenoughtowearpurple Wed 09-Feb-11 15:44:29

if your feet are getting really cold your boots may be too tight, or too loose. I really feel the cold but when I had fab fitting boots I could ski in just a thin pair of marino socks.

Skilover Wed 09-Feb-11 16:52:44

Completely agree - it's all to do with the fit of the boots. I used to have those little heaters but the battery never lasted very long. The "experts" recommend one pair of relatively thin socks such as Smartwool ones. With the boots, if you do them up too tight and don't have enough support underneath on the instep you risk flattening your foot and cutting off the circulation. Another couple of top tips is if you stop for lunch, sneaking your feet out to wiggle your toes does wonders and make sure that the inners can dry completely overnight.
Happy skiing

tulpe Wed 09-Feb-11 23:22:17

I have smartwool ones and they are very cosy. I have appalling circulation but with these I stay warm - except on freezing chairlifts But within minutes of feet back on terra firma they are fine.

bigTillyMint Thu 10-Feb-11 14:31:13

I wear thin cotton ones under my ski socks - it seems to work OK.

I agree, wiggling your toes when you can helps too.

hollydaze Thu 10-Feb-11 15:05:24

Thank you for the helpful suggestions. smilesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now