End of an era - MP hanging up her... erm... keyboard

(166 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 21-Apr-10 16:01:34

It is with deep sadness that we must inform you that Morningpaper has, after four glorious years, decided to retire her mouse and cease to produce the Talk round up. Apparently she has a "proper job with benefits". This Friday's round-up will be her last (so do make sure you're preferences are set to receive it.)

Thankfully we have been rescued from the slough of despond into which we at MN Towers had tumbled by the news that none other than Aitch, who currently scribbles the TV round up for our parenting newsletter, has agreed to step into the breach. We're delighted that's she's cheap available and ready to pick up where MP will very soon be leaving off. So more bumsex then.

AitchTwoZone Sat 24-Apr-10 21:21:30

so, no CATS about hilarious threads? does this mean that there aren't any funny ones at the mo?

onebatmother Sat 24-Apr-10 14:37:51

benefits is a euphemism for sex you know. She told me.

GodzillasBumcheek Fri 23-Apr-10 21:10:20

Has it only been four years? I can't remember when MP was not doing the round-up. Possibly i wasn't born yet or something hmm

Good luck in your new job, and good to luck to Aitch too.

RunawayWife Fri 23-Apr-10 19:43:43

Thank you morningpaper, I only found the round up recently but I love it.

Good luck aitch, look forward to reading next weeks

Rockbird Fri 23-Apr-10 14:03:27

I made the last round up! That brings my total to 2! <skippety skip>

<snogs MP with gusto and pathetic gratitude>

coveredinfelttip Fri 23-Apr-10 13:20:41

Many thanks to you Morningpaper for your very enjoyable GBADU emails. I have laughed out loud many a time and even wept some tears of mirth reading your collections. Good luck with the job.

Wigeon Thu 22-Apr-10 21:39:05

I enjoyed the round ups too, so thank you MP. Especially her penultimate one as I got my first ever name-check!

Katisha Thu 22-Apr-10 21:20:17

Norbert - on a recent trip up the M1 we saw 34 Eddies and only 24 Norberts. How's that then?

NorbertDentressangle Thu 22-Apr-10 20:57:07

Good luck MP!

(and good luck Aitch!)

TheArsenicCupCake Thu 22-Apr-10 20:35:49

Good luck with your benefits MP has been a pleasure Reading the roundup.. Cracking job done..

And looking forward to aitchs round up.. Good luck x

Lasagna with a view of the sea? Wow. Can you order that in a crappy industrial estate in the Midlands and still get the view?

That's progress, that is. grin

BuzzingNoise Thu 22-Apr-10 18:55:29

MorningPaper, I shall miss your witty lines.

Hope you are enjoying your real life.

(and I forgive you for calling me scary)

morningpaper Thu 22-Apr-10 18:11:10

I KNOW!

The other day I had a MEETING IN A CAFE WITH LASAGNE WITH A VIEW OF THE SEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I nearly died from pleasure

bran Thu 22-Apr-10 17:46:22

I'm a bit envy, I bet you'll be drinking your tea hot and weeing in private MP. (I'm sipping room temperature green tea before going off to supervise bum-wiping.)

theyoungvisiter Thu 22-Apr-10 16:37:06

"even grownups who are not women"

Sorry - what are these people you speak of? No, wait, I've got - "husbands". Is that the word I'm looking for? I have a vague memory of something else though - it's on the tip of my tongue...

FioFio Thu 22-Apr-10 15:57:18

sorry it was on page system before and i didn't see your post about the job! Good luck, i cannot believe it has been for 4 years

FioFio Thu 22-Apr-10 15:55:26

what is the new job mp?

morningpaper Thu 22-Apr-10 14:20:04

I should say that the only real benefits are that I'm allowed out of the house to talk to ACTUAL GROWN UPS and sometimes even grown-ups who are not women!!!

Justine is just jealous

dinkystinky Thu 22-Apr-10 14:15:07

Thanks for all your briliant summations in the roundup Morningpaper - enjoy your job with benefits instead...

Nyx Thu 22-Apr-10 13:51:54

Good luck in your new job, MP, hope you enjoy it grin You've done a great job with the roundup.

And good luck with the roundup and thanks for taking it on, Aitch - I enjoy reading through it and catching up!

elkiedee Thu 22-Apr-10 13:29:34

littlelapin, nice to see your name again!

elkiedee Thu 22-Apr-10 13:27:46

Congratulations MP on the real job and Aitch on the new role.

Best of luck MP. It's all your falut that I am on MN in the first place as I joined after reading an article you wrote on the SWMNBN business.
And best of luck Aitch.

FreakoidOrganisoid Thu 22-Apr-10 11:29:01

Congrats on the proper job MP (what are the benefits???)

Aitch sure you'll be grand

Spoof Thu 22-Apr-10 11:18:56

Ah, so she's out on parole, with electronic tag? I assume this is what she meant by "benefits"?

Well done aitch. You are fabulously witty and clever, so you'll do a sterling job.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now