Please refresh your page if you're having issues and also bear with us - it's us - or rather it's BigTech - but we'll fix it soonest!

(587 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-09 18:20:09

We've just done a new code release and there are a few issuettes - we'll work through them.

Do refresh your pages though - that gets rid of most of the problems (though not all).

Littlefish Wed 28-Oct-09 18:22:42

Huge white space still at the top of the page for me - IE 7.

BiteOfFun Wed 28-Oct-09 18:24:15

It's all completely snarled for me. I'll pop back lateer and hope it's sorted.

lou33 Wed 28-Oct-09 18:26:42

refreshing isnt changing anything for me

FlappyTheBat Wed 28-Oct-09 18:28:37

Have refreshed but it is still the same, no change unfortunately!

differentWitch Wed 28-Oct-09 18:30:07

<sobs>

I don't like itsad

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-09 18:30:35

Ok - if you've refreshed and it hasn't fixed thing will you be a love and note down your problems and whether you're in new or classic and which browser you're in, and we'll work through them. Shouldn't take too long

Apologies - on the plus side there are lots of wee new improvements for you to discover smile.

differentWitch Wed 28-Oct-09 18:33:08

I use classic MN and use firefox browser.

throckenholt Wed 28-Oct-09 18:33:46

is this likely to affect the advanced search options too ?

PumpkinsCantDanceTheTango Wed 28-Oct-09 18:34:02

Ooh add message on every post is that new? (Or have I just been thick and not seen it before?)

FlappyTheBat Wed 28-Oct-09 18:35:36

Browser is Safari, using Mumsnet new.

Advance search is no longer working for me, just comes up with a range of symbols now.
Is the info re page numbers and how many posts a new feature?

serenity Wed 28-Oct-09 18:36:09

I'm in classic via Firefox - it generally looks wrong, but specifically, spacing is off at top and bottom of posts, so everything is cramped. No symbols on right of blue bar (just says Add message/report/contact poster - so no profile thingy) Active list looks cramped and doesn't show last poster.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-09 18:37:52

It's shouldn't be different, differentwitch! Can you explain what's gone wrong? Have you refreshed your screen?

classic MN
Firefox

Saltire Wed 28-Oct-09 18:38:35

Argh - i go to work and come back and this happens
I have a huge white space at the top of the page!
I did refresh and nothing changed. Using erm, not sure what borwser, it's not firefox I know that much. IE? maybe, who knows. I am using mumsnet old style (without pages)

All seems to be ok again for me. Mn new and firefox.

writing is too small, plus what serenity says

differentWitch Wed 28-Oct-09 18:39:34

same as serenity. I've gone back in and double checked I'm on classic, but the font and other bits make it look like new- which I dabbled with for a day, got a headache and returned to classic pronto.

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 18:40:51

I'm firefox too, not sure which sort of MN though. Is all wrong though...

PerryPlatypus Wed 28-Oct-09 18:41:27

Classic using IE7.

It's all very squashed with big white margins on each side.

And a tiny issue I know but it's bugging me that the blue bar across the top of the page is slightly smaller underneath 'Baby name finder' and 'video'.

Sorry blush

Love the new post message/preview message buttons though!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 28-Oct-09 18:42:15

Serenity: BigTech has surreptiously removed the symbols on Classic. (sorry, we've only just realised)

To report a post now, you need to click on the Report Post link. And to see a profile, just click on the Poster's name.

Justine says, "You'll learn to love it!"

PoisonToadstool Wed 28-Oct-09 18:45:10

In active convo's, threads used to be two links - first the forum, e.g. chat - then the thread title. Now they're one link and it's crap, is it a glitch?

ImSoNotTelling Wed 28-Oct-09 18:45:17

Classic on firefox.

This is awful it's all totally different and tiny aaargh.

PoisonToadstool Wed 28-Oct-09 18:45:22

test

PoisonToadstool Wed 28-Oct-09 18:46:12

And everything is too cramped, no gap between the last post and 'add your message here' at all

Oh yes MN classic on FF

too small

WHY change it so much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now