New Food content is here!

(25 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Jun-09 13:47:35

Based on all your culinary genius of course. Do tell us what you think and if you spot any (deliberate) mistakes grin.

Food pages

Thanks!

Ooh that looks nice, Justine! No time to look properly now but will have a proper shufty later.

<wonders if that's how you spell 'shufty'>

Although rather worryingly, shufty also means to have a wank ..........

But I won't do that over your nice new shiny pages!

EllieG Thu 04-Jun-09 13:58:58

Good pages! Much easier to use.

TheDevilWearsPenneys Thu 04-Jun-09 13:59:51

But have you removed the facility for the OP to rate their own recipe?

I haven't on mine (preen) but note lot of people give themselves 10/10.

TheMadHouse Thu 04-Jun-09 14:03:56

Oh I like - espeically like the eating on the cheap - yes because I am mentioned grin, but it has all those fabby ideas in once place.

Kutner Thu 04-Jun-09 14:16:37

If you click on the vegetarian meal planner it says that 'this page does not exist on MN'.

Other than that - it's fab, great work!

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Jun-09 14:52:52

oops - well spotted - we'll fix that now.

Looks good. I have only just this week started cooking home stuff blush and am getting all my recipes from here. On monday I did the ham and potato bake, and tues a lasagne and both were lovely.
I'll def be using these pages more and like the new layout, looks easier to navigate.

Buda Thu 04-Jun-09 16:07:26

Looks great. Will def be using the meal planner. I also like the meat and poultry recipies being separate now - much better.

In fact I may do meal plan for next week and attempt to be organised and do my shopping next week based on it. Sounds very organised and grown-up and not me. Hope I don't give DH a heart attack!

ChippyMinton Thu 04-Jun-09 16:36:24

Lovely.
I may be a bit dense but I was clicking on the big purple boxes expecting a link to something. Took me a while to notice that it changed the links on the right of the big picture blush

ChippyMinton Thu 04-Jun-09 16:39:30

At the end of the meal planner 'blurb' it says 'Simples [ grin ]'. You may want to get the smiley to work!

CharlotteVV Thu 04-Jun-09 17:01:04

That's all so useful, really like the Family Meal Planners! And seasonal lists a great reference.

jeminthecity Thu 04-Jun-09 17:03:44

OOh yes, nice one

Smalline Thu 04-Jun-09 18:50:25

It's just what I needgrin, was thinking today that I need to include more fish and vegetarian meals into my weekly planner, this is going to make it so much easier, thanks very much.

Not a mistake exactly but made me giggle that on the "cheap eating" page you have a list of tips including "avoid veg boxes, soooo expensive".

Ok I thought, that makes sense, I scanned my eyes over to the right and what do I see..........................................an advert for Abel and Cole veg boxes grin

Oh the irony

TheArmadillo Thu 04-Jun-09 21:09:29

Am loving it - have been adding cookery book reviews.

Is a huge improvement and really well set out (though I also got confused by the purple tabs at the bottom of the picture assuming they were links).

TheArmadillo Thu 04-Jun-09 21:14:15

I really like the seasonal food listing.

MrsBonJovi Thu 04-Jun-09 21:45:31

Really enjoyed reading this section. Not a very inspired cook or planner but will get more organised as this is one area of my life that is neither money saving or healthy!

snigger Thu 04-Jun-09 22:39:40

Love muchly - off for a better snuffle around now.

Have uploaded a recipe in honour of the new thingy.

I like the not-rating-your-own-recipes thing. Thought it was stupid before that lots of things were rated as 10/10 when that's not really possible.

Buda Fri 05-Jun-09 11:03:02

PROBLEM! Love the idea of the meal planner so printed off the blank one. Got the whole page with a tiny planner section which is not really big enough to write anything on. Can we just have a basic blank planner with more space to write and maybe space to write a shopping list underneath?

(Sorry folks - but it is constructive criticism!)

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 05-Jun-09 11:07:47

It sure is, thank you. Will get tech to have a look and adjust it. Is it printing off with a small box for anyone else?

Milliways Sun 07-Jun-09 08:17:20

I like it!

Is it right that I have to log in again when clicking on that link though?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now