Come to our Toddlers Book launch party - share wine and sausage rolls!

(56 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Jan-09 12:06:06

You simply must come and celebrate the launch of Toddlers: The Mumsnet Guide, as written you all (with a little help from MorningPaper). We're holding a launch party at the Foundling Museum in London on Tuesday 3rd February, 6.30-8.30pm. If you fancy coming along and raising a few glasses to yourselves and propping up meeting MP (stampede!) we'd love to see you. Just click here, giving us your nickname. We have limited numbers so hurry - first come, first served!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Feb-09 17:27:44

Iorek, please email Alexia - that'll be fine. grin

onebatmother Mon 02-Feb-09 17:24:34

OOOH are you going to come Iorek? hooray!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Feb-09 14:16:16

Hi there
Sorry for the late notice folks, but tomorrow's event has now been POSTPONED due to the snow
MNHQ

Are all the spaces filled for tomorrow? Would like to come but the link isn't working for me (is that because it's too late?)

dollydot Sat 31-Jan-09 02:46:47

has your site been hacked - my email about the event said i could have my norks signed by morning paper and eat Greggs sausage rolls hah hah!hmm smile

mynewnickname Thu 22-Jan-09 12:14:31

What are the other ones going to be on?

am v excited about the toddler one.
will have to buy the pregnancy one when it comes out and sneak it in the house, telling dh I have always had that one grin

morningpaper Wed 21-Jan-09 20:22:45

No, the format is different - it is more like a proper book i.e. with chapters and narrative in between, rather than just chunks of snippets of advice

with the next book being pregnancy, is that a sort of update on the old mumsnet on pregnancy book?

eandh Wed 21-Jan-09 10:53:45

damn I could go as only 50mins on fast train but dh out on some stupid reunion that night <<stamps feet and wails just like her 2 year toddler is doing at this moment because I won't give her a dummy>>

EachPeachPearMum Wed 21-Jan-09 10:53:20

Am I the only person who thinks it slightly odd that the 'toddler' book shows a child crawling, not toddling? blush sorry- genuine question!

teafortwo Tue 20-Jan-09 20:50:10

<<tries to think of something funny to add to breast signing comment - but too tired to go there>>

Hang on one cotton picking second -
WHAT, MP???? You have an mn name signature????!!!!???? Is this just you or are we all supposed to have one of those????

<<goes away to practice signing a whole number of things 'teafortwo'>>

grin

morningpaper Tue 20-Jan-09 20:38:21

I'll sign anything me

If you don't have the books I will sign your breasts

Do you want my proper name or 'Morningpaper'? Let me know so I can practice both

teafortwo Tue 20-Jan-09 20:32:16

Yes, yes, yes - The pregnancy book sounds just great - when I was pregnant I found the cute covers and 'there there' books unreadable - The only book I absolutely adored was 'Misconceptions' there is def. a market for a great book about pregnancy!

Now back to the toddler book....

Will you be selling signed copies on mn?

I bet there are many people out there who would be interested in a signed copy - I would for sure! But then again - I am a bit of a sucker for lover of signed books!!!!!!

twofalls Tue 20-Jan-09 20:27:13

I want to come......but I have a broken leg so don't think I can negotiate the tube very well with crutches and a cast.

<twofalls wonders how many more threads she can legitimately mention her broken leg on>

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Tue 20-Jan-09 18:31:23

Ooh, how exciting! I wish there had been MN books around when I had my dd - instead I read GF and TH and wondered why I was doing everything wrong. Thankfully finding the website just about saved my sanity.

At the mo, I am in NZ otherwise I would have liked to come along. If only to meet Morningpaper, who I envisage as a youngish Honor Blackman type, taking no nonsense and drinking martinis...

whitenoise Tue 20-Jan-09 16:27:34

could you not set up a webcam so we can all be there virtually as is the style of MN...what a great angle for publicity purposes too!(virtual booklaunch)

whitenoise Tue 20-Jan-09 16:26:20

i would but ots far <sob>

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Jan-09 13:35:17

Hi Chaps,
We aren't really set up for kids tbh - but babes in a sling would be more than welcome - as long as you're prepared to share! Teafortwo the next book is Pregnancy and is nearly finished - we didn't write the first MP did (took her ages grin) and it's v funny - mostly because all the quotes from Mnetters are very funny.

Ooooh, I would love to attend. However, its our month end and on the 3rd it will be the day I am being shouted at by everybody for various reasons <sulk>

Blu Mon 19-Jan-09 22:06:09

Sausage rolls?

teafortwo Mon 19-Jan-09 20:52:24

oooooooh wow Justinemumsnet I am really very pleased for you all!

[teary eyed proud emotion]

whispers... have you started work on the next book? Are you allowed to tell us what it is about? How long did it take to write this one? How did you go about writing it? Urrmmmm and more questions like that!!!

(I am terribly in awe of the whole published author thang and would love you to tell us a little about it.)

revjustaboutisnotatroll Mon 19-Jan-09 17:13:05

Seriously, Justine, is it a kidz-friendly launch? I could possibly make it but it would be with teenies in tow.

Not to worry if you don't want REAL toddlers there! grin

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Jan-09 10:30:50

first of many teafortwo - hopefully.

teafortwo Sun 18-Jan-09 23:33:51

congratulations!!!!

Is it the first mn book - or is it one of many????

[I wonder if I am missing out on something big here emotion]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now