Come to our Toddlers Book launch party - share wine and sausage rolls!

(56 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Jan-09 12:06:06

You simply must come and celebrate the launch of Toddlers: The Mumsnet Guide, as written you all (with a little help from MorningPaper). We're holding a launch party at the Foundling Museum in London on Tuesday 3rd February, 6.30-8.30pm. If you fancy coming along and raising a few glasses to yourselves and propping up meeting MP (stampede!) we'd love to see you. Just click here, giving us your nickname. We have limited numbers so hurry - first come, first served!

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Jan-09 12:14:55

And if you haven't already done so, please enter our caption competition for illustrations from the guide to help us make some great publicity posters. Full details here.

BumpermightsuetheSindie Fri 16-Jan-09 12:38:17

Gah! Why is everything good in London! Why could you have had it in Brizzel or something?! <ungrateful>

Would love to, but it is midweek in London so ain't happenin

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 16-Jan-09 12:45:53

Well we're in London, the publisher is in London and most of the press is in London - so Brizzel seems a bit counter-intuitive. Sorry!
(There are a lot of Mnetters too in London, more than in Brizzel I'd warrant).

It's in London so that none of the yokel element of MN can attend.

fryalot Fri 16-Jan-09 12:49:56

you doing a tour?

hmm?

If you are, can you do the east coast?

<<<sticks hay in mouth, pats whippet and hangs flat cap on peg>>>

morningpaper Fri 16-Jan-09 12:57:24

I can do a tour of Taunton, is that any good? grin

fryalot Fri 16-Jan-09 12:58:36

do you need a map, my dear? Last time I looked, Taunton was almost the exact opposite of "East coast" wink

Did you get your mirror ball in the end, MP?

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 16-Jan-09 14:32:04

I'll come, childcare permitting, but it finishes very early, some party!

TheDevilWearsPrimark Fri 16-Jan-09 14:32:59

The link isn't working for me. I feel rejected.

morningpaper Fri 16-Jan-09 14:39:45

Devil, the link is just an email to alexia@mumsnet.com - just send her an email

morningpaper Fri 16-Jan-09 14:40:04

And yes in the end I got my mirror ball from Argos

Habbibu Fri 16-Jan-09 14:42:36

<goes off to google Brizzel>

Heated Fri 16-Jan-09 14:42:36

Re the bribe offer of a sausage roll, is the event sponsored by Greggs?

Habbibu Fri 16-Jan-09 14:44:47

<comes back none the wiser> Where is Brizzel?

morningpaper Fri 16-Jan-09 15:01:38

well, exactly

Habbibu Fri 16-Jan-09 15:05:52

Ooh - don't think I'm in your metropolitan club, mp. I'm all up for informing MNHQ, the publishers and press that there is such a thing as transport....

Come to Edinburgh. It's a capital city. It's nice. It'd be a jolly for all of you...

LynetteScavo Fri 16-Jan-09 17:40:14

I really, really want to come.

But don't think I can. sad

frasersmummy Fri 16-Jan-09 19:46:18

habibu

they could even get a train direct from kings x to waverely.

sophable Fri 16-Jan-09 21:16:17

ooooh justine am i in it???

i'd love to come , not sure i can...might try and drag cd

RiaParkinson Fri 16-Jan-09 21:26:50

might be tempted to purchase
Justine you really ought o be a bit more Northern

we dont bite you know - Harrogate has a lovely conference centre for book launches!

SilverSixpence Fri 16-Jan-09 21:45:24

ooh how exciting, unfortunately cant have either wine OR sausage rolls as am Muslim grin but think it might still be fun to watch the other sozzled MNers and try and guess who everyone is

BigGitDad Fri 16-Jan-09 23:10:16

Have you sold out yet?

psychomum5 Sat 17-Jan-09 11:18:37

could you change it to a friday or saturday.....I could come then and bring flame

Clary Sat 17-Jan-09 18:03:36

I think Brizzel is Bristol said in a Bristol accent...

revjustabouttodosomework Sat 17-Jan-09 18:04:38

Can we bring kids? grin

elkiedee Sat 17-Jan-09 20:12:26

I want to come but I wish there was a longer gap between ds2's due date and this than 8 days.

DaddyJ Sun 18-Jan-09 00:16:24

Oh, you are launching the MUMSNET Toddler Book!
Congratulations, that's great news!!

Sorry, I won't be able to make it (need to settle dd)
but will suggest it to MummyJ.

Monkeytrousers Sun 18-Jan-09 20:12:40

oh I'd love to. An 300 miles short however

teafortwo Sun 18-Jan-09 23:33:51

congratulations!!!!

Is it the first mn book - or is it one of many????

[I wonder if I am missing out on something big here emotion]

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 19-Jan-09 10:30:50

first of many teafortwo - hopefully.

revjustaboutisnotatroll Mon 19-Jan-09 17:13:05

Seriously, Justine, is it a kidz-friendly launch? I could possibly make it but it would be with teenies in tow.

Not to worry if you don't want REAL toddlers there! grin

teafortwo Mon 19-Jan-09 20:52:24

oooooooh wow Justinemumsnet I am really very pleased for you all!

[teary eyed proud emotion]

whispers... have you started work on the next book? Are you allowed to tell us what it is about? How long did it take to write this one? How did you go about writing it? Urrmmmm and more questions like that!!!

(I am terribly in awe of the whole published author thang and would love you to tell us a little about it.)

Blu Mon 19-Jan-09 22:06:09

Sausage rolls?

Ooooh, I would love to attend. However, its our month end and on the 3rd it will be the day I am being shouted at by everybody for various reasons <sulk>

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 20-Jan-09 13:35:17

Hi Chaps,
We aren't really set up for kids tbh - but babes in a sling would be more than welcome - as long as you're prepared to share! Teafortwo the next book is Pregnancy and is nearly finished - we didn't write the first MP did (took her ages grin) and it's v funny - mostly because all the quotes from Mnetters are very funny.

whitenoise Tue 20-Jan-09 16:26:20

i would but ots far <sob>

whitenoise Tue 20-Jan-09 16:27:34

could you not set up a webcam so we can all be there virtually as is the style of MN...what a great angle for publicity purposes too!(virtual booklaunch)

LivingLaVidaLurker2 Tue 20-Jan-09 18:31:23

Ooh, how exciting! I wish there had been MN books around when I had my dd - instead I read GF and TH and wondered why I was doing everything wrong. Thankfully finding the website just about saved my sanity.

At the mo, I am in NZ otherwise I would have liked to come along. If only to meet Morningpaper, who I envisage as a youngish Honor Blackman type, taking no nonsense and drinking martinis...

twofalls Tue 20-Jan-09 20:27:13

I want to come......but I have a broken leg so don't think I can negotiate the tube very well with crutches and a cast.

<twofalls wonders how many more threads she can legitimately mention her broken leg on>

teafortwo Tue 20-Jan-09 20:32:16

Yes, yes, yes - The pregnancy book sounds just great - when I was pregnant I found the cute covers and 'there there' books unreadable - The only book I absolutely adored was 'Misconceptions' there is def. a market for a great book about pregnancy!

Now back to the toddler book....

Will you be selling signed copies on mn?

I bet there are many people out there who would be interested in a signed copy - I would for sure! But then again - I am a bit of a sucker for lover of signed books!!!!!!

morningpaper Tue 20-Jan-09 20:38:21

I'll sign anything me

If you don't have the books I will sign your breasts

Do you want my proper name or 'Morningpaper'? Let me know so I can practice both

teafortwo Tue 20-Jan-09 20:50:10

<<tries to think of something funny to add to breast signing comment - but too tired to go there>>

Hang on one cotton picking second -
WHAT, MP???? You have an mn name signature????!!!!???? Is this just you or are we all supposed to have one of those????

<<goes away to practice signing a whole number of things 'teafortwo'>>

grin

EachPeachPearMum Wed 21-Jan-09 10:53:20

Am I the only person who thinks it slightly odd that the 'toddler' book shows a child crawling, not toddling? blush sorry- genuine question!

eandh Wed 21-Jan-09 10:53:45

damn I could go as only 50mins on fast train but dh out on some stupid reunion that night <<stamps feet and wails just like her 2 year toddler is doing at this moment because I won't give her a dummy>>

with the next book being pregnancy, is that a sort of update on the old mumsnet on pregnancy book?

morningpaper Wed 21-Jan-09 20:22:45

No, the format is different - it is more like a proper book i.e. with chapters and narrative in between, rather than just chunks of snippets of advice

am v excited about the toddler one.
will have to buy the pregnancy one when it comes out and sneak it in the house, telling dh I have always had that one grin

mynewnickname Thu 22-Jan-09 12:14:31

What are the other ones going to be on?

dollydot Sat 31-Jan-09 02:46:47

has your site been hacked - my email about the event said i could have my norks signed by morning paper and eat Greggs sausage rolls hah hah!hmm smile

Are all the spaces filled for tomorrow? Would like to come but the link isn't working for me (is that because it's too late?)

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Feb-09 14:16:16

Hi there
Sorry for the late notice folks, but tomorrow's event has now been POSTPONED due to the snow
MNHQ

onebatmother Mon 02-Feb-09 17:24:34

OOOH are you going to come Iorek? hooray!

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 02-Feb-09 17:27:44

Iorek, please email Alexia - that'll be fine. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now