is there a moldies part three?

(1016 Posts)
Tortington Sat 03-Jan-09 15:31:23

just wondering, as i can't find it.

slayerette Sat 03-Jan-09 15:33:16

No, let's start one.

why are you even interested custy? (that's not a snide comment, just wondering why we can't forget about it and get on with enjoying the benefits of MN without worrying about those who want to have their own group?)

JuliaFrogspawn Sat 03-Jan-09 15:35:18

Ooh gosh yes let's. It's the very reason I get up in the morning. hmm

Mamazon Sat 03-Jan-09 15:36:52

well i wish someone would tell me what has hapened abuot it all. i've not been online since forever

dittany Sat 03-Jan-09 15:37:22

Can I just say hun points and royalty points?

Hahahahahahahaha.

I think if there is going to be a thread that should be its topic.

Mamazon Sat 03-Jan-09 15:38:59

well i hope im well up there with the roaylty points. i have a crown and everything

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 15:48:09

Agreed Dittany. Everyone who was remotely upset by the whole scam ought to be informed. It changed my perspective immeasurably. smile

SinkingontheTitanic Sat 03-Jan-09 15:48:26

I realise this won't mean much to you as I am incognito. I did this to protect someone else.

I found out today that I was nominated for Moldies and my nomination was turned down. Before, I thought I had simply been overlooked or deemed not important enough. Now I know one or more people actively dislike me. This is infinitely worse.

I don't care if you recognise me, but please don't out me because I only know this because a Moldie told me this was so and she is anxious not to be seen by the other Moldies as having talked.

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 15:50:34

Oh that's horrid for you. i think it'd finish me off if I knew I'd been actively rejected tbh

although I've no reason to suppose I wasn't hmm

and neither have most of us. Take small comfort in that maybe..

TWINSETinapeartree Sat 03-Jan-09 15:51:32

I am very sory to here that Sinking. The more I find out about it the less I think you are missing out on anything special. if someone doesn;t like you and they approve of all the other things this site has done or stands for I would take it as a compliment tbh.

awful sinking, but why would you want to be part of a group like that?

dizzydixies Sat 03-Jan-09 15:52:36

oh sinking thats really shit - I haven't taken much to do with this as I don't really care but that side of it is really pants sad

SinkingontheTitanic Sat 03-Jan-09 15:52:45

Yes for the first time that other place does not look so attractive anymore. Feck the fecker who vetoed me. You have never even met me and yet you deem me someone you don't want to talk to. Fecker.

Mamazon Sat 03-Jan-09 15:52:58

well i dont know who is moldey and who isn't. i have no idea if i was nominated and rejected or if i was so insignificant i wans't even thought of.

i couldn't really care less

pipsqueak Sat 03-Jan-09 15:53:57

am i the only one who wants to know who is a Moldy? nosy i know but i am way curious about who they are !

pipsqueak Sat 03-Jan-09 15:54:00

am i the only one who wants to know who is a Moldy? nosy i know but i am way curious about who they are !

georgimama Sat 03-Jan-09 15:54:11

Stop the madness!!!!

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 15:54:38

<<Gives Mamazon a Hun point just to see if she cares>>

evil grin

dizzydixies Sat 03-Jan-09 15:55:57

good for you sinking - fecker that they were grin

whats a hun point btw?

Tiggiwinkle Sat 03-Jan-09 15:56:27

Well I have certainly revised my opinion of all those posters who have become moldies-and lets just say it is not an upwards revision!

StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 15:57:04

I am sadly coming to the conclusion that there shouldn't be a third thread. Despite people still wanting to talk about it (me included) there are too many people who, instead of just clicking hide come on to have a go. Or to say "grow up and get over it - don't see why you're upset". Even though people like Custy and Sinking have explained over and over again they either don't read those posts or deliberately ignore.
Don't know which is worse - to be mominated and found wanting, or to be overlooked. But I know which happened to me Also, considering the voting only went on for a day or so, they were very busy blackballing during that time, weren't they? hmm

SinkingontheTitanic Sat 03-Jan-09 15:57:11

I am glad for you Mamazon, I truly am. I wish I didn't care but the truth of the matter is, I do.

I think the best thing I read on this subject was when someone said that a lot of people on forums such as this are shy or in some way socially inept, so when they get rejected even a virtual rejection, they are the least able people to overcome the hurt they feel. That described me. If you really truly don't care about rejection or being overlooked, then I admire you.

StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 15:58:15

Sinking, you were probably rejected because X or Y didn't actually know you, or Z was having a bad day. Come on, it's hardly a fair or rational system!

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 15:59:40

I agree - a lot of people just got vetoed because the ones in charge apparently didn't 'know' them personally - from what I can gather.

dizzydixies Sat 03-Jan-09 16:00:04

oohh Stealth - loving the new year name grin

SinkingontheTitanic Sat 03-Jan-09 16:01:45

No, I was told that all the rejections were for good reasons ie not just because someone was unknown. I know far more than I should know, but I am not going to say all. Contrary to what someone thought about me, I am a decent person. wink

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 16:04:19

I'm sure you are smile

Got me worried now!! arghhh

I care and I'm sorry people have got hurt. But have been through this with a RL group of yummymummies and that was harder. I do understand why people are upset and want to talk about it, but I really wouldn't want to be part of a group who are voting on who can or can't join in their group. I'm glad that there are so many of you lovely MNetters who are still here for all of us.

wannaBe Sat 03-Jan-09 16:04:49

When people feel the need to discuss the goings on on a website over and over and over again just so they can get worked up and upset over it all again it's time to step back imho.

So there's another website. Big deal. And some posters who thought they were more popular than they were weren't invited to join. Oh well.

Is it the fact there's another site that people are upset? or is it the fact that people who thought they were part of the in-crowd turned out not to be? If those who are up in arms about moldies had been invited would you have said no? Somehow I don't imagine so.

Mn is a website. Moldies is a website. If friendships from here are real then they will have moved from the internet into more real forms like email/phone/meeting up in rl, in which case there should be no need for invites to other websites as you will be conversing with those friends away from the net anyway.

Fwiw I am not a moldy neither have I been invited to join, but I do have a rl friend who is. So what. I'm sure I have other rl friends who I haven't met online who do things in which I'm not included either.

Friendship is not exclusive. If I'm friends with someone doesn't mean I have a right to access every part of their life/have an entitlement to join in everything they do.

StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 16:04:50

were you deemed not worth as well Flight?

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 16:05:58

Oi dunno, stealth. Oi hav not been 'hinformed of such grin

Probably....I wouldn't be surprised! But rather not know I think or I'd be really upset.

georgimama Sat 03-Jan-09 16:07:00

What wannabe said.

While people are obsessing here about this issue, there are people who want to be part of MN posting about real problems, or just wanting to chat, who would love you to reply.

Are any of you lawyers? Please look at my thread if so.

Threadworm Sat 03-Jan-09 16:07:30

I was activley rejected too, apparently. I think the selection process was just too chaotic for me to infer from rejection that I am actively disliked. I hope that is true.

So I would try not to worry about it too much, sinking.

Anyway, the reason I came on to this thread was to say for god's sake stop discussing moldies. I thought the discussion might die with the last thread. What on earth more os there to be said?

Enough, please.

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 16:08:47

Thready if anything it was probably envy that you might be more popular than they

You are very funny and nice and have good user names. IMVHO smile

seeker Sat 03-Jan-09 16:09:52

I think I would rather have been actively rejected than completely overlooked!

Threadworm Sat 03-Jan-09 16:10:03

grin That is a very kind comment, Flight.

Tortington Sat 03-Jan-09 16:10:41

i would expect a friend not to keep a secret wanabe to be fair,

and a little <shrug> for those who think it needs to be left - leave dont bump or talk about it. let those who want to - do. I don't mid it it fizzles out on its own, becuase b=people have said what they want to and that;s that - even if its said over and over again.

thats infinatley better imo hanbeing told by people to stop posting its rather like

-------------------------------------

lets draw a line under it - does anyone remember that? it was so infuriating and rude. if your done with it - then move on - if it des - great

but posters and the not starting a new thread by MNHQ shouldn't mean that those few who want to shoul be able to don't you think?

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 16:10:46

Lol seeker!

Georgi - I am trying to respond to my legions of needy posters at the same time as mopping tears over ere.

Somebody's got to do it wink

BBBee Sat 03-Jan-09 16:12:07

sinking - are you sure you were 'activley rejected'? from what I can make out it could be for very little things. The process was chaotic and haphazard rather than calculated and like opius dai or that bit in the film eyes wide shut.

BBBee Sat 03-Jan-09 16:13:39

agre i alwys found
--------------------------------------------

really patronising.

TWINSETinapeartree Sat 03-Jan-09 16:14:06

Me too seeker!

Georgimama people are on more than one thread. I am not a lawyer so dont think I could help on your thread but hope I have on others.

I popped in thinking this was a joke and was going to pop straight back out when I saw that another MNer was upset.

dittany Sat 03-Jan-09 16:15:03

I keep thinking these threads should die now, but actually the only way for it to happen is for people to stop posting on them and that would include the people posting to tell everybody else to stop. If the latter want them to stop the first person they should try to stop from posting is themselves.

Although I am glad they went on for quite some time because otherwise we'd never have heard of hun and royalty points and wouldn't have got that particular larf.

StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 16:16:45

Can people please just hide instead of popping on to say stop talking about it? If not, why not - please explain!

georgie, I saw your thread but can't help I'm afraid!

TWINSETinapeartree Sat 03-Jan-09 16:17:30

I think this may be briefly resurrected because of Aitch's postings last night. It made me briefly mad again but I quickly went back to thinking the other site is ridiculous.

BBBee Sat 03-Jan-09 16:18:00

i agree that they have gone on for a long time, but then new things like sinkings situation are coming to light and people want to talk about it.

It is a bit hearltess to cry 'enough already' if there are people who still need to talk about stuff.

kiltycoldbum Sat 03-Jan-09 16:21:48

ive not been around much, i do not know what moldies is, im intrigued but can live without knowing

i do however have a serious problem with the stuff in my bathroom, the ventilation is pants.

StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 16:24:09

in a shower cubicle dettol mould and mildew remover is fantastic.
On a painted ceiling, some bleach on a tissue does a fairly good job

wannaBe Sat 03-Jan-09 16:25:57

sinking you sound like a stirrer tbh.

namechanging to tell people that there are moldies talking who don't want to be identified? to tell people that everyone who was rejected was rejected with good reason? hmm

kiltycoldbum Sat 03-Jan-09 16:26:20

its the very top of my walls (painted) shall try the bleach probably cheaper than buying those bottles of mould remover stuff from the shops! thanks stealth! smile

fruitbeard Sat 03-Jan-09 16:36:57

<peeks in>

I find it interesting (and yet somewhat depressing) that the people who keep posting that this should be dropped now are Moldies.

It will die when people are fed up posting about it. Until then I don't think anyone has the right to dictate who should talk about what and when they should let things go.

Kilty (fan of Denise Mina?), Stainstopper/damp resistant paint is fantastic if you've had mould/a leak somewhere - it sprays on and you repaint afterwards - keeps things looking lovely, I've found.

Lulumama Sat 03-Jan-09 16:40:27

sinking that is precisely why i think the voting process was such a bad idea, even if it was only for a 24 hour period

to be judged and found wanting by your peers, without knowing you were bieng judged and on waht criteria is why this is a bone of contention

as i have said again and again and again

<<head spins>>

no problem with mouldies per se ,but that part of it is indefensible

StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 16:43:08

fruitbeard we have looked for mould resistant paint, didn't realise there was something out there - thank you

coppertop Sat 03-Jan-09 16:47:47

I think I only posted on one of the initial threads about this but tbh nothing makes me want to post more than people coming on and telling me that I shouldn't.

It's only on one thread so it's not exactly cluttering up Active Convos is it?

sarah293 Sat 03-Jan-09 16:49:35

Message withdrawn

fruitbeard Sat 03-Jan-09 16:54:44

here y'go. Does exactly what it says on the tin - it doesn't specify against mould but we found it did the job for our problem.

georgimama Sat 03-Jan-09 16:57:15

Could I just state catagorically that I would love all this to be dropped and I am not a Moldie. Nor ever likely to be, since I have never worshipped at the altar of Cod nor felt any inclination to do so.

I'm just ever so aware of bored Sindie journalists hard pressed for their next deadline now watching MN with great interest and thinking it hilarious that we are still going on about this.

FWIW I have just skim read "Moldies Part 2" where Aitch "revealed all" and I still don't know what royalty points or hun points are. I will have to live with this omission from my life.

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 16:58:40

By onebatmotherofgoditschilly on Sat 03-Jan-09 10:42:50
have we heard about huns and royalty yet? If this is to be the last of the threads we may as well get every ghastly detail out there in the public domain...

Each poster had a counter below their avatar. If other posters liked the quality of the post, they could add one 'royalty' point anonymously. If they didn't like it, they could add a 'hun' point anonymously.

No-one seemed to have a problem with it but me and most said they thought it was just a bit of fun, but I thought it added to the general feeling of judgeyness..

Or has this already been menitoned?

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 16:59:11

There you go Georgi. Just for the record!!

fruitbeard Sat 03-Jan-09 17:01:03

Sorry georgi, confused you with someone elseblush.

I'd imagine the royalty/hun points are like Karma points on other boards I've frequented - you can give/deduct them to/from other posters if you like/dislike them and can customise them as something other than Karma. One board I was on we used to consistently give the owner of it negative points (total bastard vs. good egg points in that particular case)just to wind him up...

Seriously Flight - they could 'royal' or 'hun' each other? Oh good grief!

StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 17:03:45

have a glass of wine hun!
Flight - you've abandoned the waffles angry

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 17:06:38

I have left it to Riven. I think it would be a bold day in hell before I can solve it blush

IQ of 135 and absolutely bloody rubbish at quizzes grin

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 17:06:55

cold day

obv blush

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 17:07:20

but I am good at snogging. grin

georgimama Sat 03-Jan-09 17:13:11

Oh dear God.

And there are people here who wanted to be part of this?

coppertop Sat 03-Jan-09 17:15:47

Was being Hun Royalty an option, I wonder?

<considers the possibilities>

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 17:16:56

There have been no denials, thus far...hmm

Mercy Sat 03-Jan-09 17:20:02

Ok, I don't have an avatar (is that a picture thing?), quite a few people didn't iirc. I also don't remember seeing any royalty/hun stuff - something about number of posts made though I think.

Do you know I'm kind of wishing an avatar was some sort of internet bird after all. Mine could be a condor - and when anyone disagreed with me I'd just get it to stretch it's wings all over their post. Ah - happy days smile

Any more of that wine stealth hun?

Flightattendant7 Sat 03-Jan-09 17:22:58

<<disappointed>> smile

hullygully Sat 03-Jan-09 17:23:44

I know this is a terrible bore etc, but I have been away for a few weeks and have absolutely no idea what the mouldy thing is. PLEASE will someone tell me?

cocolepew Sat 03-Jan-09 17:25:12
StealthPo09IsHere Sat 03-Jan-09 17:25:28

Can I be a parrot? Cawww caww.
No, sorry <<hic>>

georgimama Sat 03-Jan-09 17:27:27

Oh hullygully, search the archives. I never say that. But there are over 7000 posts, some of which are still there.

It was an invite only board set up by some MNers. It was gradually found out about the other week. Lots of people are upset. Lots of people don't care. Some are pleased that's where certain posters went.

Of course you can be a parrot - but you won't get any points just repeating other peoples posts you know.

<<flaps wings>>

<<knocks over wine bottle>>

<<folds wings in as sheepish a manner a very, very big bird can manage>>

SinkingontheTitanic Sat 03-Jan-09 17:42:46

I can see why you think I am stirring wannabe but I didn't see it like that when I felt compelled to post. I wish I could post in my real name - I don't care for myself - but I am protecting someone else.

I am beginning to wish I had not posted now as I realise I only did it to satisfy my own sense of hurt.

Nevertheless, to all those who say please can we stop talking about this now, would you like it if someone did that to a thread you felt strongly about? The whole point of keeping it all on one thread was so that you could hide the thread if you did not want to read the endless drivel the rest of us cannot help coming up with. It is like a red rag to a bull asking people not to post anymore.

georgimama Sat 03-Jan-09 17:45:03

No I wouldn't like it. It has been done to me too.

I'm just suggesting this is actually helpful to those who say they feel hurt, and that they should post about something more positive instead.

georgimama Sat 03-Jan-09 17:45:21

isn't helpful I should say.

so, is cod the founder of mouldygate than?

Threadworm Sat 03-Jan-09 17:48:18

I appreciate that it is annoying to be asked to stop discussing this. But I don't think it is true that such a request is dictating what people should post. It is a request.

The reasion I have made the request is that ... well, two things. One is that the discussion does touch on subjects I find a bit hurtful, and it is hard to keep the threads hidden when you know that there might be more hurtful content coming up, etc. So you look. It's like picking a scab.

The second reason is that from time to time really hurtful things are said, and I don't want anyone remaining in the discussion to be badly hurt.

I entirely understand if people do decde to keep on discussing. They are perfectly entitled to. Just like I am perfectly entitled to ask them not to.

SinkingontheTitanic Sat 03-Jan-09 17:53:45

Point taken. I had stopped posting on this topic. I managed quite a few days without it. It was the new personal revelation that got me started again.

I agree. I am off to post something cheerful somewhere else. Don't follow me!

And I won't condemn anyone who still wants to talk about this.

Nighbynight Sat 03-Jan-09 18:50:34

cheers custy, was wondering when this thread would start!

Sinking, I can only say that if I had discovered what you did, then I too would have had strong feelings...so post away. If you now feel better, then thats good.

I reckon we needed this thread, to laugh at Hun and Royalty points.
Onebat, please swear you weren't making that up, just to make us all feel better?

Tiggiwinkle Sat 03-Jan-09 18:56:33

Please, don't come on here telling other people to stop posting.

For goodness sake, if you don't want to read about something, don't open the thread. Simple as that! Why do you need to comment at all?

Tallis Sat 03-Jan-09 19:12:16

Am generally a lurker rather than a frequent poster, but just wanted to say how relieved I am to see Lulumama's name on this thread. One of the best parts of recent kerfuffle is realising how many MN stalwarts, whom so many of us depend on for advice, are still here. Let's hear it for Rump Mumsnet. I reckon there's enough of you around to keep the home fires burning...

lol nighbynight.....I kinda think maybe onebat is lying about it....because, I am sure that some that I suspect to be mouldies (grin not a spelling mistake)were always so disregarding of avators and tickers and some such silly things....surely, they would not drop down to a hun/royalty point level grin

Mercy Sat 03-Jan-09 19:17:40

Fairladyrantalot - cod is not the founder of Moldies. She had to leave MN because people she knew in RL worked out who she was . I don't know who they were, what was said etc

oh right....a post on this thread made it sound as so she was.....I possibly have misunderstood it....
I knew cod had gone a while back....wasn't sure why, etc....

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 19:20:12

i hope the moldie debacle is diminishing and we return to business as usual.the nub of the moldie issue imo was a few big heads thought they were bigger than MN.began to conceptualise themselves as older/wiser/more incisive than others.a creeping wave of entitlement feeling better than other posters.gushy and sycophantic little MN royalty quips

well so wrong

MN is not about who is whom,it is about all the posters.Including the silent majority who didnt feel need to bray about alleged good ole days or shout newbie at everyone

very true scottish

dittany Sat 03-Jan-09 19:26:21

It must have been sad for people who had been around a long time if they saw Mumsnet change from a rather cosy group to maybe a slightly more democratic free for all.

On the other hand the some of the leavers did go about leaving in a very conceited manner, which may have hidden their sadness and disappointment and thus made it hard to sympathise with them.

I wish they'd just said "We're off to chat with Cod, we may be back every now and then to see you all" rather than what happened which left a nasty taste because of all the secrecy and perceived elitism.

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 19:36:12

tbh it feels less toxic,not as many so called "oldies" or hanger-ons squawking about good ole days

sure MN undoubtedly must have changed.however such movement and change adds vibrancy,and spontaneity

FiveGoMadInDorset Sat 03-Jan-09 19:38:20

It is more open and less dominated, people I think now have a chance of being heard rather than dismissed.

Mercy Sat 03-Jan-09 19:39:09

Dittany, Moldies wasn't set up by or for cod

daftpunk Sat 03-Jan-09 19:40:41

i think cod would have had more sense......

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 19:43:08

i agree some posters used to rush to be first to post "Yawn" or squawk "troll/newbie" just for kicks

morningpaper Sat 03-Jan-09 19:46:45

they don't have hun/royalty anymore

rumour hazzit that it is something about penis size

hmm

morningpaper Sat 03-Jan-09 19:47:26

and grin

dittany Sat 03-Jan-09 19:49:56

Mercy, it was noticeable that Moldies came into its current existence when Cod was forced to leave here and find somewhere else to post. To an outsider at least it looked like a lot of her friends went over there with her after suddenly deciding that Mumsnet wasn't the place it used to be and making a big fuss about it. I know she didn't set the place up.

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 19:50:31

well,i favour the republic.any megalomaniacs or royalty off with their head.

Vive La Republique! Vive La MumsNet!

lol scottish.....

lol morningpaper....

SoupDragon Sat 03-Jan-09 20:00:33

I can see this hasn't improved at all in the 24 hours I spent away.

Anyway, before I go again I need to say a couple of things
1) I'm not a Moldie so people can feck off with their snide remarks and any assumptions (from the last thread and any future remarks). I'm not b*ggering off to post there.
2) I was invited to join. I couldn't be ar$ed. I then signed up to see what all the fuss was about last week or whenever it was. My membership was never approved and no reason offered so I assume I was rejected. [shrug] Do I give a damn? No. Do I feel hurt or unworthy? No. Do I navel gaze and wonder about it? No. Are some of my "friends" Moldies? Yes. So what?
3) Do I think Moldies have anything to apologise for? No more than people who have posted here TBH. There has been bad behaviour on both sides IMO.

That's it.
[wave]

LittleDonkeyCarrieMaryMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Jan-09 20:04:24

Hello all and Happy New Year to anyone who hasn't had a Happy new Year from us yet. smile

We've been tempted in last few days to come on and say please can we wrap this up, not because we want to stop folks from talking about what they want to talk about (as if they'd take any notice anyways grin) but because it seemed as if the thread/s was/were just re hashing old arguments and in the process more folks seem to be getting hurt/cross/upset, which, as we always say, is not what Mumsnet is here for.

On the other hand every time we've been about to post the thread seemed to have died down and the conversation become more positive (or at least moved on to discussing piles or real life mould ... you know who you are) and we've been loathe to bump the thread, which is one reason why we haven't been all over these threads. That and the fact that some of us have been on hols shock And some of us still are (officially anyway wink)

But we did wonder if maybe it is possible that it might just be time to move on and talk about some of the other fascinating stuff on Mumsnet this fine Saturday night ... erm like fixing someone's car and washable sanitary towels...you know the big stuff in life.

Anyway, as we say we're not in the business of censorship, but neither do we want to see any posters, old or new, dissed, hurt or upset.

Am afraid we've (nearly) all been let out of MNHQ for the night tonight (yippee!) but as ever, any complaints about this post, this thread, or indeed anything else that's wrong in life, please address them to gerry@mumsnet.com grin

roisin Sat 03-Jan-09 20:04:34

Hello Soupy!
[waves]

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 20:05:11

thanks soupy for popping back just to reflect on 24hr wasted on mn.well you no likey no read it.simple!

hell you will never get the time back,doll

RustyBear Sat 03-Jan-09 20:09:41

Carrie - why don't you just let the 'new look' loose - should sweep any other discussions straight off the board......

grin

Thomcat Sat 03-Jan-09 20:11:24

So, part 3 and is there anything new being said? Just wondering? And are people starting to feel better or do people just want to keep talking about it, sort of like picking at a scab?

It kind of feels like the Daily Mail and Ross/Brand thing, but MN is the DM and MNoldies are Ross/Brand!

chipmonkey Sat 03-Jan-09 20:14:09

ScottishMummy is such a pillar of sense.smile

chipmonkey Sat 03-Jan-09 20:15:14

That's one thing I miss about being a child, TC. Soooo many more opportunities to pick at scabs!grin

LittleDonkeyCarrieMaryMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Jan-09 20:15:38

Like your thinking RustyBear... sadly need a couple of the folks who're on hols to come back before we do that, but at this rate we may have to jet em back early grin!

Now really am off, dh getting cross!

morningpaper Sat 03-Jan-09 20:17:16

lol @ poor Gerry

chained in the dungeon of Mumsnet towers with nothing but a crappy Mac for company

she must be exhausted

ilovelovemydog Sat 03-Jan-09 20:18:40

There's a thread on washable sanitary towels? hmm

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 20:22:35

never mind mingeswink lets talk mascara,i want black,no clumps.last the day.simple.eh?

lol ilove....lets erm...hope there isn't.....but somehow it would not surprise me if there was....lol...there is a mooncup thread though grin...that much I know...

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Jan-09 20:23:38

Touched that someone feels my pain hmm (but less of the 'crappy mac', thank you v much)

randomcupsoftea Sat 03-Jan-09 20:23:46

The city lights will beckon those sitting round the moldie campfire.

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 20:25:23

as the wind howls through their mooncups and straggly hair..will the miss us and say nae place like hame

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sat 03-Jan-09 20:27:07

I just had to drop in and giggle at the penis size joke.

I actually thought until I read GeraldineMumsnet's reply that gerry@mumsnet was a man.

I was imagining him sitting in Mumsnet Towers trying not to imagine his crown jewels under discussion on Moldies, and trying not to take it personally if his penis had been rejected.

Anyway, as you were...

Lulumama Sat 03-Jan-09 20:29:31

right ladies, shall we repair to the BBBBBBBAAR?

oh lol at rev....how is the cult coming along grin

sarah293 Sat 03-Jan-09 20:31:00

Message withdrawn

WWB used to be the one to go to about washable sanitary towels. And there was once a happy thread about what to do with the menstral stew left over from washing the pads. Now tell me the good ole days weren't better. wink

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Jan-09 20:32:21

Excellent. I TOLD my esteemed employers that people would think Gerry was a bloke.

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sat 03-Jan-09 20:32:44

Oh it's great, Fairlady, the group sex is fab.

Thomcat Sat 03-Jan-09 20:33:03

Oh no, come on, let's just keep all talking about it for the sake of it, for sport, wasn't this the point of starting a part 3 in the first place? Because part 3 was started but nothing actually needed to be said did it (?), it was just started, for fun, or so that people could keep on (and on and on) airing their grievances, so come on, let's just keep at it! hmm

randomcupsoftea Sat 03-Jan-09 20:33:04
ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 20:34:01

get oooout ma way!put yer purses away ladies,yer money is nae good here

I thought gerry @ mumsnet was fictional. Are you really a real person Geraldine?

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sat 03-Jan-09 20:35:25

DG, Perhaps he isn't answering because he actually IS a man and has a husky deep voice. (What am I still doing on this thread?)

This is the point where the thead degenerates into mindless chit chat rev, you are safe to stay.

you know I followed all them instructions and nothing happened....I must have been rejected.....sigh...my face just don't fit, eh...ts....

grin

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Jan-09 20:38:28

I think I'm having an identity crisis.

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 20:39:33

thomcat,a plethora of issues are debated on MN Ad infinitum eg FF/BF, SAHM/Working mum.maybe moldie is a new perennial.Moldie is the new fruit shoots

Thomcat Sat 03-Jan-09 20:42:01

Oh that's ok then Scottishmummy! Great. I can't wait to still be reading about MNoldies a year from now then aye!

indeed thomcat...your point is....honest...if ya don't like it...stop clicking on it....
I never really got that thing where people moan about a thread but know rather well, that by replying to it they only bump it up again.....well, unless it's an almost finished thread that needs killing by getting to 1000, of course....

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Sat 03-Jan-09 20:42:49

They'll be pensioners by then TC!

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 20:43:33

undoubtedly.in same fashion folk still bellyache the other perennialswink

oh, don't I wish....would be great grin

that was on being a pensioner by next year, btw...

Thomcat Sat 03-Jan-09 20:44:49

I don't have a point, but nor does anyone else anymore, that is the only point!

lol.....hmm....i suppose.....oh, well...I'm getting a bit pished....ignore me...lol...

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sat 03-Jan-09 20:46:23

Don't worry, Gerry, the identity crisis is all a part of God's plan. Join my cult and all will be well. I will cure your gender anxieties. I will also accept shares in Mumsnet in lieu of cash, as long as I get to have a HUGE CULT ADVERTISEMENT on the site. Something catchy like, "Rev up with rev."
Or "Losers have the Moldies, Rejects have Mumsnet, only the best join Rev's jetset."

Deal?

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 20:47:34

tell you if we all logged on and naebody was ripping the pish out of anyone else about the ole perennials we would think the site had been hacked

true

what would happen if some stroppy mama couldn't get humphy about her MIL

internet chaos,MN meltdown

lol

oh...and I was not good enough for revs jetset.....wail....

grin

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Sat 03-Jan-09 20:55:50

I think it is all coming to the end of its natural tbh.

Hopefully anyway. And I have only been aware of it for 2 days!

I am not denigrating anyone's hurt btw. Not at all. But I do think that nothing good can come from more threads about it.

LittleBella Sat 03-Jan-09 20:58:44

LOL I'm glad this thread was started, I had lost interest in the other one as it had got too long. But am cheered to hear about hte hun/ royalty points. grin

This thread was worth it for that little nugget alone.

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 21:00:29

yes,it will pass into MN tales of yore.until forgotten,only resuscitated annually when drunk

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 21:03:55

any megalomaniacs or royalty off with their head.Vive La Republique! Vive La MumsNet!

thing to take from this - no one is royalty,or spesh

chipmonkey Sat 03-Jan-09 21:54:44

Bump for Thomcat.

(Sorry TC, couldn't resist!)

OyeComoVa Sat 03-Jan-09 22:01:56

"Losers have the Moldies, Rejects have Mumsnet, only the best join Rev's jetset."

grin

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 22:03:44

love folk who say "this is a bag of shite why are y'all posting" doh why you reading then

look i don't post on art/craft but nor do i pop in to quip "this is a bag of shite why are y'all knitting"

if you no likey it,no read it

controlfreakyhohohohohohoho Sat 03-Jan-09 22:14:19

hahahahahahaha

the whole sorry saga has been worth it if only to now bw able to picture the handpicked 143(?) mouldy mouldies sitting around with their avatars / hun and royalty points / blackballs(!) / voting polls / beige leisurewear / chintz 3 piece..... and no doubt lots of other really truly naff accessories that we are yet to learn of.

tacky tacky tacky but actually v v v funny grin

enjoy your exclusivity won't you (but feel free to pop back here when you want something a bit.... classier)

OyeComoVa Sat 03-Jan-09 22:19:14

"this is a bag of shite why are y'all knitting"

<childish snigger>

NotanOtter Sat 03-Jan-09 22:20:58

lolscottishmummy at 'wind whistles through their mooncups and straggly hair' grin

morningpaper Sat 03-Jan-09 22:30:17

Gerry is DEFFO real

She is a babe, she looks like a lovely librarian who would seduce you

She is so well turned out that I want to faint with womanly inadequacy

I suspect she has clean skirting boards

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 22:32:37

I suspect she has clean skirting boards -is that a euphemism or just brown nosing

controlfreakyhohohohohohoho Sat 03-Jan-09 22:34:04

mp, are you able to confirm the leisurewear and lace loo roll covers? <pleeeeease>

coppertop Sat 03-Jan-09 22:39:25

How long until a name-changer says "I'm a regular. I know all about Lavenderrr, Judge Flounce and hun & royalty points" ?

<whispers> Sorry, Geraldine.

grumpybritches Sat 03-Jan-09 22:40:38

I'm enjoying MN a lot more these days... grin

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 22:43:57

MN nicer now the ole gimmers have began to bump their gums somewhere else in moldieville

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 03-Jan-09 22:46:25

Geraldine has clean skirting boards, but Gerry lets the dust build up (for insulation) grin

Doodle2U Sat 03-Jan-09 22:58:24

Carrie "... moved on to discussing piles or real life mould ... you know who you are..."

I would be more than happy to continue discussing real life mould but since my thread about real life mould has been deleted, I'm thwarted.

My thread was judged - judged using criteria unknown to me. Judged secretly, without my participation and found farking wanting. shock

My thread was not worthy. sad

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 23:00:16

sorry doddle,i dont understand,care to elaborate

oh dear doodle...did you have a thread deleted because they thought you were taling mouldies, rather then mould?

Doodle2U Sat 03-Jan-09 23:08:18

Of course SM - I posted a thread about real mould in real houses and asked for ideas about how to cure it. Bugger me with a big stick but my thread (well attended with some excellent suggestions - dishes of salt and bleach soaked cotton wool being my personal favourites) was deleted.

I was a bit miffed!

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 23:10:06

LOL get kim n aggy to snap the marigolds on for mould bashing

lol...sorry...not really funny....but lol

Desiderata Sat 03-Jan-09 23:11:50

Hey! Wouldn't it be nice if we knew who all the Moldies were ...

<drums fingers lightly>

you ain't gonna get an answer to that desi...

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 23:14:25

have no interest in who they are/were.why further flatter big heids or peddle moldies myth

the fuckers didnae ask me

mloo Sat 03-Jan-09 23:14:59

I just have to drop this nugget in.
Once Cod outed me, my real life identity, which wouldn't have been so bad except that she did it in a thread where I was already being attacked by some quite vitriolic characters, and I was quite upset and scared I would get stalked.
Anyway, MNHQ deleted the link pretty quick and told Cod off and I didn't get stalked by anyone (phew!).
I changed my usual posting name immediately and have never been much of a regular since.
But I do have a slight smirk of 'serves her right' about Cod being outed so badly (only slight smirk, from what I can tell, she attracted a nutter that she certainly didn't deserve).

Watching the many blow-ups on MN over the years has been vaguely entertaining. Once upon a time it was just the occasional single prominant person flouncing -- now we get flounces by the dozen. Yes it did seem quite cosy, once, although maybe that was insular, not truly supportive. I suppose I can't blame the Moldy types if they want to try to get that atmosfr back.

chipmonkey Sat 03-Jan-09 23:18:18

Sorry to out you online, GerryMumsnet but this is you, isn't it? And we all know Geri's Mum is a cleaner so therefore she would have clean skirting boards! I am right, aren't I?grin

Desiderata Sat 03-Jan-09 23:18:49

I know, I know ..

Desiderata Sat 03-Jan-09 23:19:26

I haven't checked my emails for about two months.

Could it be possible??????? shock

chipmonkey Sat 03-Jan-09 23:22:52

Ok, so Desi is one.
Now, the other 142 are.....?

Desiderata Sat 03-Jan-09 23:29:08

Nah. I'm a cleaner. I don't think they'd have a cleaner.

KerryMumbles Sat 03-Jan-09 23:29:42

they need one to much out desi

KerryMumbles Sat 03-Jan-09 23:29:52

MUCK out

RipVanTwinkle Sat 03-Jan-09 23:32:34

I keep seeing posts linking Cod with Mouldies. I am right aren't I that the Cod affair and Moldiegate are two entirely different things?

I have a new name btw since I realised I was holding onto my old one for reasons that are now entirely spurious, since I'm clearly not memorable in any way <woe is me emotion>

lol twinkle...
as for cod and moldieville...apparently cod has nothing to do with the founding etc....

not quite so sure she isn't a member...

but then I don't really care where cod is, tbh...sorry to her fans...we never hit it off, iykwim....

neenztwinz Sat 03-Jan-09 23:36:10

This Moldies business has totally passed me by as I was offline all Christmas. How do you know if you have been invited or rejected? I'll be most offended if I wasn't even discussed! grin

chipmonkey Sat 03-Jan-09 23:37:44

My understanding is the Moldies came about when the GF issue was threatening to close MN down and was set up in case that happened but remained inactive. It came to full fruition when cod had to de-register so that she and her friends would have somewhere to chat. Now, that may or may not be true but it was my understanding of the situation.

RipVanTwinkle Sat 03-Jan-09 23:40:11

No I really don't think Cod was involved. Wasn't it Twiglett that set it up.

I think it must all be in the archives if anyone can be bothered researching the history. There must be a book in there somewhere - if only I had the time to write it... hmm

RipVanTwinkle Sat 03-Jan-09 23:41:22

Set up the recent incarnation I mean. God why am I here discussing this stuff? Bed and a good book awaits - I'm off!

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 23:42:11

GF-queen of routine?oh thought moldie was noveau nob phenomen not sure GF era.

sleepycat Sat 03-Jan-09 23:45:03

Who has gone then?

ScottishMummy Sat 03-Jan-09 23:48:38

who cares?dissecting it adds to their inflated sense of worth.mn isn't about a particular poster/s.it is about the sum of its parts all posters

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 00:02:41

Twig set it up? shock

I really liked her...sad

You have to admit that it is better without the cliquey vibe. The amount of threads that went unnoticed because they were not deemed important enough by the mouldies.

I also hate the threads that are titled "So and So - comeover here" urgh.

And Cod got on my tits. And all the ocd fawning. Thats why I left for a while. It was so "ooh pick me cod, pick me!" i couldnt stand it. Still, what goes around..

sleepycat Sun 04-Jan-09 00:06:15

I was only curious

I am a cat

cats

are curious

(and don't say curiosity killed the...I get it, will shut up now!!!)

Dreyfus Sun 04-Jan-09 00:19:39

Desi, check your email, quick. If you are one of the Chosen, you can go in as a mole and report back to us on who's currently heading up the Royalty points. And do other moley things - like digging tunnels. There may be some in there who need rescuing and can't find a way out.

chipmonkey Sun 04-Jan-09 00:25:58

MoreSpamThanGlam, I really don't know whose idea it was but FWIW, I still like Twiglett! I don't think she would deliberately set something up to hurt other people. I think ( if it was her) that she had a good idea but that it was possibly less well thought out and less organised than it should have been. I think a closed forum in some cases is a good idea; what caused so much of a furore was the way in which a lot of good people felt excluded and hurt.

ScottishMummy Sun 04-Jan-09 00:31:39

ah there is the rub,closed forum good if you are invited and hoi polloi excluded but if you are left ticket less as many were well feelings run high

closed forum,if it floats your boat,ok.but the price is less open forum spontaneity,adherence to rules,fitting in,dock yer moldie cap

who wants to be a selected few?when you can throng with the many

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 00:32:09

Probably, but if Twig did set it up, then she must have had something to do with the selection process no? Thats a real shame, I never thought of Twig like that, she was a fav of mine. Not that we ever really spoke but she made me laugh.

ScottishMummy Sun 04-Jan-09 00:34:49

thing is i have no favourites.i enjoy posts but know none of you,it really is words on a screen anonymous interaction

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 00:39:39

Well I do, so there.

There are some Mners that I enjoy reading and think they are interesting/funny/give great advice. And some just bore me silly or irritate me.

Not as in "she is my fav, so I wont talk to you" :rolls eyes:

ScottishMummy Sun 04-Jan-09 00:42:01

what's with the "so there"?your prerogative to have cyber frends after all.

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 00:46:48

Your comment sounded holier than thou to me.

Might have read it wrong.

I dont have cyber friends I have opinions on particular posters. I am not friends with one MNer. Apart from Pickled Parsnips and she is my best friend in RL.

I know that there have been thousands of posts about this. It's clearly been something very emotional for many of us - rightly or wrongly.

But what I don't quite understand is why MNHQ want this to stop.

I don't want to be controversial or difficult, but if people here want to keep posting about this issue, then why shouldn't they?

What is it that keeps MN insinuating that this is not an area that they feel comfortable with?

Why should we not keep posting about it, on as many threads as we like?

Tiggiwinkle Sun 04-Jan-09 01:03:21

I don't get that either BecauseImWorthIT...

RGPargy Sun 04-Jan-09 01:10:53

Sorry if i'nm being ignorant (i dont post that often) but can someone please tell me what a moldie is?!! blush

FedUpWithTheMerryGoRound Sun 04-Jan-09 01:11:29

Maybe because a lot of the stuff posted on these threads is against the general MN policy.

Or put simply, as Carrie posted hours ago:

"Anyway, as we say we're not in the business of censorship, but neither do we want to see any posters, old or new, dissed, hurt or upset."

LadyOfWaffle Sun 04-Jan-09 01:13:23

Moldie - MN Oldie... sort of.

A group of MNetters decided that it was time to make their own place away from MN. They didn't like the way that MN had grown/developed, and wanted their own, 'private' place to talk with each other. Once there, they decided that they wanted to invite other, 'like minded' MNetters to join them. Except that this invitation process was one where people had to nominate future members, and current members had the right to approve/veto them. Oh, and it was also kept a secret from the rest of MN.

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 01:13:41

But its ok for old posters to hurt other posters?

Quattrocento Sun 04-Jan-09 01:14:29

Yes I wondered that BIWI and I came up with the following

1. Because they thought it wasn't good for the site to get caught up in rancour
2. Because they feel quite a lot of affection for the oldies who have been with them since the dawn of time - and the threads were pretty anti-oldie overall
3. Because they felt responsible for the whole thing getting blown up - not that they should have done at all - the secret was already out but in a low-key way

I still don't see why that should stop the rest of us discussing it though - if we want to.

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 01:18:28

I wonder if there is a moldies check list?

Do you shop at Iceland?
Do you wear Boden?
Do you go on Mark Warner hols?
Do you have a Nanny/Au Pair?
Do you own any item of clothing that is 100% nylon?
Have you ever given your child frootshoots/greggs sausage rolls?
Do you call your vag a fango?
Do you know who the bat is?

Sorry - tis v childish and I am giggling to myself.

chipmonkey Sun 04-Jan-09 01:21:38

I just wrote a huge long post and then deleted it!!!<<<wails>>>>>
MoreSpamThanGlam, I know where you are coming from. I did and do have favourites on MN, after all, we are human and we will "click" with some people more than others. (And FWIW ScottishMummy, you are one of my favourites!)
I did like and do still like Twiglett. And I don't think she would intentionally have set up a group to deliberately split MN down the middle.
I think there was nothing wrong in principle with having a Mumsnet Oldies group. But Moldies is not an "oldies" group, it is a "Mumsnet finest" group. So you get MNers being invited who are not oldies but who are seen to be worthy contributors. And you get people who have been on MN for years, and posted prolifically so surely should be considered to be oldies but somehow don't make the grade. And for those people the whole revelation about Moldies was hurtful.

This is an internet forum which is IMO as worthy a place to make friends as any. BUT, the same rules apply here as apply in secondary school. It is a mistake to assume that people who are friendly are actual friends.

Sorry, but I actually find myself feeling pretty strongly about this. And I don't want to upset MNHQ, because I can imagine that this whole thing has been pretty upsetting for them as well.

But I do bitterly resent being told that we can't talk about it on here - even being 'herded' onto one thread feels offensive. The fact that is has been likened to threads about Baby P and Madeleine McCann, in itself, is pretty offensive.

I would like to know why we are being actively encouraged not to continue these posts. I can understand that many MNetters may not like them - but when has that ever stopped people from posting?

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 01:27:30

CM - I dont even really "click" with anyone, just enjoy some posts more than others. There is nobody on here that is really a friend (sob sob wink) and I suspect that very few people have even heard of me, as I am not on here day and night. There are also times when the pitch fork waving does my head in and so I go away for a bit.

I miss some of the regulars and wouldnt be angry if they came back at all....MN doesnt "belong" to anyone of us posters does it? Its not like its "our" house. But I think those that were rejected are quite within their rights to tell a moldie to fahrk owf!

MoreSpamThanGlam Sun 04-Jan-09 01:29:08

Passes BIWI a valium...(and has a sneaky one herself)

chipmonkey Sun 04-Jan-09 01:37:12

MSTG, I've heard of you!smile
BIWI, I think MNHQ probably would regard putting all comments on one thread as "damage limitation" and I can't say I blame them for trying particularly after all the bad press. But I for one, will continues to post until I am absolutely sure I have no more to say on the subject!

shabster Sun 04-Jan-09 01:42:08

You know something? I have only been on Mumsnet for a year. A dear friend, but someone I have only met once in RL because of distance, asked me to come on so we could talk without it costing a fortune. I can imagine how hurtful it must be to not be included in this group - especially if you were 'mumsnet friends' before.

BUT - life is very, very short. We should be proud of ourselves for being good mums, we should cherish every day as if it is our last. We should not worry about what other people are doing or saying.

I dont fit any of the newspapers ideas of Mumsnet. I am from the North and very, very working class. Proud of my heritage and the fact that I am from a coal mining background. I have nowt - but what we have we share.

Please dont worry and fret about stuff on here. There are much more things to fill your day. Like I said I can understand how annoying it must be BUT there is so much more to life.

VinegarTits Sun 04-Jan-09 01:58:05

<<VT is sleepwalking>>

<<Wonders into Moldies part three>>

<<Wonders back out again>>

Zzzzzz

jabberwocky Sun 04-Jan-09 03:24:57

chipmonkey! Glad to see you <hijack>

I am setting up my behavioral optometry practice in 2 weeks grin Am going in with a friend and will be there 2 days a week.

<jabber resolves to continue lurking and not say anything about moldies even though she knows about the bat...>

duchesse Sun 04-Jan-09 03:34:32

I keep seeing this bleddy word everywhere! Can anybody please explain to me what an effing moldie is? Or is that the first rule of the moldie club?

jabberwocky Sun 04-Jan-09 03:43:40

Mumsnet Oldie = Moldie

duchesse Sun 04-Jan-09 03:45:21

ta

sleepycat Sun 04-Jan-09 07:10:03

When I told DH about this I couldn't make much out due to him collapsing with laughter

"revolution on MN"

snort snort

"there has been a schism!!"

he he he he he

"have they formed a breakaway republic?"

ha ha ha ha"

I just walloped him with a pillow.

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 07:31:19

I want to be Scottishmummy's favourite <sob>

Totally don't get why Soupy is so angry, am a bit scared of her now hmm

Gerry sounds nice, I hope she wasn't too bored last night. smile

that's about it.

morning all.

georgimama Sun 04-Jan-09 07:42:38

I know what you mean sleepycat, my DH keeps muttering about the People's Front of Palestine and the Palestinian People's Front or some nonsense. I think it is to do with Monty Python.

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 07:51:30

Judea I think, my dad said that too grin

StealthPo09IsHere Sun 04-Jan-09 08:47:10

BIWI - totally agree.
All on one thread -fine.
Are we now being forbidden from talking about it? Because if that's the case then email/MSN is the only solution.

DandyLioness Sun 04-Jan-09 10:53:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Threadworm Sun 04-Jan-09 10:58:32

It is rather damaging to mumsnet to make these kind of personally abusive posts. It isn't what the site is for.

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sun 04-Jan-09 10:59:40

I am starting to think there will have to be a new roundup, dedicated entirely to witty comments on this thread. The wind whistling through a mooncup is an image that will stay with me for a very long time. And the "knitting is a bag of shite" - thank you ScottishMummy.

Thanks for the clarification re: Geraldine, morningpaper. Now we have the clue as to why she was locked in Mumsnet Towers...it was obviously because they needed clean skirtingboards.

lucy678 Sun 04-Jan-09 11:21:54

"I have nowt - but what we have we share"

grin

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 11:40:01

By Twiglett on Fri 10-Oct-08 14:24:14
I don't like feeling excluded

and I can't help feeling that it's a bit of a whinge-fest and divisive at best

parent or not is a distinction that is ok - the rest is stuff that all parents should be part of - everyone has a valid viewpoint

I just wanted to clarify the word is 'Divisive' not 'derisive'. I had to go and look and see if it was Twig offending with her use of the wrong term or you lot. It was you lot!

Thankyou. smile

Dandy, I have thought about the whole royalty/hun pointing and the poll thing....and because I realise that especially oldies had always been dissing about the whole avater/ticker etc...stuff....I wonder if those things were just part of the site set up (by default) and than maybe some people thought it would be funny to use them....good idea or bad idea, that is another question altogether....but that might just have been what happened....but who knows...

shabster Sun 04-Jan-09 11:41:46

Lucy - thats the favourite saying in our house......mainly cause we have 'nowt' (good old fashioned Lancashire word!)

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 11:43:48

Although whilst searching I did find this. I hope nobody minds but it is very ironic to see how times have changed.

By tech on Wed 09-Mar-05 00:21:54
We are going to start "retiring" threads in the _chat topic once they are over 30 days old. [bla bla bla] On the subject of chat, we are currently test-driving chatroom software with a view to putting a live chatroom up on the site - for them as wants.

By Twiglett on Wed 09-Mar-05 13:06:56
sorry haven't read thread but as its not like me to miss an opportunity to give an opinion I'm against incorporating a chat area. I think they're divisive, cliquey and if people want to chat real-time then they can use MSN if you're not a quick typist you can get left behind people won't preview and any arguments / grudges will spill over onto forums you won't be able to see how a conversation progresses so if something flares up you won't be able to learn from how it resolves people can feel ignored in chat, or like an interloper MSN is more than satisfactory for chatting it feels a bit 'gang' like I'm repeating myself so I'll go now PS I vote NO in case you didn't realise

sad
Oh well.

Monkeytrousers Sun 04-Jan-09 11:46:19

I hope I was nomintad and turned down. Wouldn';t want tovbelong to any group who would have me as a member wink

FA....isn't it ironic....

MrsMattie Sun 04-Jan-09 11:50:09

How, How, HOW can this still be going on? And please, no 'well put the thread on ignore' comments, because I want to know - I genuinely want to know - why people are still concerned about this?

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sun 04-Jan-09 11:52:03

I won't have you in my cult, Monkeytrousers, if it helps to put your mind at rest. You are far too opinionated and you might argue with my point of view. No cult can survive too many members who insist on thinking for themselves...

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 11:52:09

I am not sure MrsMattie.

It's just one of those things I suppose.

Well.

Are you a Moldie, MrsMattie?

If not, does the idea of the Moldies bother you in any way?

Maybe you don't give a stuff. Fine.

But lots of people here were hurt and that is what is being played out. Yes, it's a bit like picking a scab, but until the scab has gone, there will be lots of picking.

And I think it's a pretty big scab.

nailpolish Sun 04-Jan-09 11:54:35

i h ave no idea what this is a ll about

i hope it goes away soon anyway

seems rather dull to be honest

play with your own friends and dont care what the other girls aare doing is what i say

Monkeytrousers Sun 04-Jan-09 11:54:41

Good call Rev! You know your onions. And turnips

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sun 04-Jan-09 11:56:35

Mrs Mattie, I'm sure that one of the reasons it is continuing in discussion is that MNHQ keep asking for people to leave it alone.
Human nature being what it is...

MrsMattie Sun 04-Jan-09 11:57:23

Ok. But how people can genuinely be 'hurt' by this..well, I find it baffling.

I will go back out into the normal world, now...come join us when your scab has dried up!

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 11:57:36

It probably is dull for some people, but so is knitting. Go and hang around sulkily over on arts and crafts, people wink

nailpolish Sun 04-Jan-09 11:58:17

scab - put a plaster over it

remove when scab disappears

job done

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 11:58:40

If you do that the scab goes all soggy though.

Mrs Mattie, I suppose because some people are friends in real life as well....and well, it must be hurtful if you think you are friends but then aren't deemed good enough to join in the "elite group"....

I think what people sometimes forget is that everyone has a different way to use forums....and that whilst some people maybe choose to completely change their internet persona, some people are themselves. Also, whilst of course these are only words on a screen for some, these words on the screen are written by real people, read by real people....!

BTW, just to clarify, I am not someone who was hurt in this process....I am not an oldie and don't know anyone in real life really....well, have met a few people when we did the "Mile for Maude", but never really made friends with anyone here.
But, I have made some real life friends on other forums, and I think I would be very hurt when those people would make a new group, forgetting or vetoiing against inviting me because I was deemed not good enough....

One thing I hoped for was that now moldies had been set up, there wouldn't be an "elite" few posters popping up on various threads and slagging off the thread (news ones springs to mind in particular).
I think one of the molides who has de-registered was quite vocal on expressing distaste on some threads that were set up, but I always was of the opinion that some people needed to discuss some topics (moldies being added to the list here) and they should be allowed.
So, if anything good comes out of this, I hope that mumsnetters are allowed to discuss the topics they feel the need to discuss, obviously within the mumsnet rules on not attacking other posters etc.

dietstartstomorrow Sun 04-Jan-09 12:56:59

IMO - this Moldie business has cod written all over it. Whether it was set up by her or one of her 'mates', it just seems like a big coincidence that she had to leave MN for RL issues and this new forum pops up soon after.

I don't really care either way, as I think MN is a much nicer place now.

DandyLioness Sun 04-Jan-09 12:57:23

Flamespar Sun 04-Jan-09 13:20:40

I haven't posted on this before, dunno why I am now really.

How is cod to blame again for something. She left because of rl issues, the group was already going!!! How is it her fault??

Sinking - I know it hurts, but think of it this way, people know you well enough for you to have affected them deeply enough to reject you grin. That means that of the random pointless interaction on MN, yours has enough substance to effect people.

MrsMattie Sun 04-Jan-09 13:21:42

Points? ROTFL. Oh God. Time to get a full time job when you start awarding points to strangers on an internet forum! (Oor actually do some work if you already have a job).

Tortington Sun 04-Jan-09 13:27:12

poor Geraldine is MN Towers cinderella - they went to the ball without her!

Flamespar Sun 04-Jan-09 13:32:13

Oh, I can vouch for Gerry being a woman though (at least I think it is Gerry I am picturing...)

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 04-Jan-09 13:39:46

The mind boggles! Starting to feel positively transgendered. [obviously not going to engage with cast of MNHQ panto aspersions grin]

batters Sun 04-Jan-09 13:40:04

This is still going on?

And some of you are searching Twiglett's past posts to continue to feel morally superior?

Ladies, this isn't normal.

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 13:42:32

No, Batters, it was only me, and it wasn't to feel morally superior, it was because I was being unnaturally bugged by the word 'derisive' being quoted again and again, and decided to find out the truth.

Coming across the second post I C&P'd was pure coincidence and seemed highly ironic so I decided to share. It didn't make me feel superior. It made me feel sad and also curious as to why she had changed her outlook.

I don't feel that's something I need be sorry about or I would apologise. I just found it interesting. I'd love her to answer but doubt she will.

Flamespar Sun 04-Jan-09 14:07:25

gerry - was it you that was having problems flogging cards at xmas do?

WilfSell Sun 04-Jan-09 14:07:52

Flight, one answer might be that she's just human and changes her mind sometimes and makes mistakes?

I'm sure we all have a litany of contradictory statements in our past, no? smile

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 14:14:14

Yes probably Wilf. I know I do.

fruitbeard Sun 04-Jan-09 14:16:16

Having met Gerry at the Xmas meetup I can confirm she is female.

At least she seemed to be.... I fear the gin goggles were on by the time I met her (and it was Justine who flogged me a shedload of Christmas cards I'll still be using by 2010 at this rate...)

nkf Sun 04-Jan-09 14:27:06

Someone fill me in on the Moldy story?
A group of dissident MN members set up alone? And blackballed others? Is that how it worked?

WilfSell Sun 04-Jan-09 14:32:11

here nkf

WilfSell Sun 04-Jan-09 14:33:31

and here

You can see there have been thousands and thousands of posts. Best now to read, not ask, methinks smile

nkf Sun 04-Jan-09 14:37:14

I can see it's been a long running saga.

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 04-Jan-09 14:44:20

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, please can I repeat what Carrie said earlier on this thread: "We're not in the business of censorship, but neither do we want to see any posters, old or new, dissed, hurt or upset."

It's not what Mumsnet's about. [And that was Carrie flogging the Xmas cards ]

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Sun 04-Jan-09 14:49:59

That Carrie. She got me with the cards too. And then I didn't want to send them to anyone as I want MN to be my secret!

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 15:32:50

Hope my posts weren't construed as dissing.

puffling Sun 04-Jan-09 17:29:29

I've scanned this thread, read some others and now know whta a moldie. Still don't much else, for example:
1. Who were they?
2. What caused the schism?
3. Do they access their group via mumsnet?
4. Is it invite only?
5. Why did they let anyone know?

holidaywonk Sun 04-Jan-09 17:41:42

1) They were/are MN posters. Some are happy to be known as such (eg Aitch, hunkermunker) but most remain anonymous.
2) I don't know if there was one 'cause'. Many Moldies have pointed to a wish to return to the 'old' days of MN when the community was much smaller, or a wish to post personal information without fear of aggressive responses or RL stalking.
3) Their site is entirely separate from MN.
4) Yes it is invite-only.
5) It is known about because Justine Mumsnet let it slip on a thread. Previously there had been a couple of threads on here alluding to it, but most MNers hadn't picked up on them.

puffling, this is only my take on the situation but...

1. Who were they? Several "old" posters, many not entirely happy with mumsnet (newbies, topics, being an open forum etc)

2. What caused the schism? The site was originally set up with the whole Gina Ford saga should mumsnet shut down, and supposedly died a death until Cod was hounded off. So then the site was used more regulalry then.

3. Do they access their group via mumsnet? No, my understanding is that it is not in relation to mumsnet, and not in relation to the site

4. Is it invite only? Yes, members were suggested and people could say yes / no about them, if they were agreed, then an invite would have been sent ask ask people to check out a new site.

5. Why did they let anyone know? I understand that it happened when there was a MNHQ blog which mentioned how some old posters had left and new posters had joined, which resulted in a thread from a Moldie to express their annoyance about the comment. There was a reply from Justine who in passing mentioned something about Moldies, which the Moldie went mental at and it all kicked off from there.

Froginmythroat Sun 04-Jan-09 18:09:22

shock at the archive searching in order to carry out further character assassination on posters . It seems a little ......unhealthy and obsessional tbh.

puffling Sun 04-Jan-09 18:13:28

Thanks for your replies. I get it now.

Flamespar Sun 04-Jan-09 18:14:59

Hmm... I saw carrie doing well with cards (and hassled her for a while). Who am I thinking of then who had cards but less luck??

grumpybritches Sun 04-Jan-09 18:59:02

TBH and without caring much either way I think it is common practice to find examples where a poster has contradicted him or herslf in previous posts and flag it up - nothing necessarily twisted about it - I've seen it loads of times and no-one has protested before.

Froginmythroat....I think there is one of such posts....and the person who posted it has already explained why....

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sun 04-Jan-09 19:14:29

(pops on thread, clears throat) Just seen the correction in the Independent - thanks for flagging it up.

(clears off again)

Flightattendant7 Sun 04-Jan-09 19:40:44

Frog, to reiterate, I searched because I am a pedant, and was unduly concerned about misuse of a word. Pathetic I know.
i saw the other post by chance (as it contains said word also) and copied it to here as it seemed a starkly ironic reminder of what used to be.

I don't calss it as character assassination myself, indeed that's not something I would wish to partake in about Twig or any of the others.

Is that a bit clearer?

fruitbeard Sun 04-Jan-09 20:09:52

That was Carrie? blush

Okay, I was obviously severely bladdered that night and consequently all bets are off as regards Gerry's gender...

yesprimeminister Sun 04-Jan-09 22:02:49

so revjustaboutwipestheslateclean asks for a retraction and the Mumnet bosses and a national newspaper jump? Interesting. You must feel very special. Didn't I read that other people were misquoted, don.t they get a retraction too?

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sun 04-Jan-09 22:05:04

I don't think the Mumsnet bosses had anything to do with it, yesprimeminister. I wrote to the Independent and asked. I said that all the names were wrong, not just mine. For some reason they only chose to correct mine. They may have a policy of only correcting mistakes when the person in question has complained.

Blu Sun 04-Jan-09 22:19:46

Rev- did you write under your RL name - or did you sign the letter 'revjustabout'? It must have been a terrible risk using your RL name...and presumably newspapers are wary of responding to peolpe who use madeup names in correspondence - after all, they could be anyone!

Anyway - you got your retraction, and it all stayed in the papers another week wink

May I say a big welcome to all the lovely newbie lurkers / posters who love the spectacle of women fightin? Someone's knickers will get ripped to shreds in a mo', and a big pile of naked girls will fall writhing to the floor, scratching and kicking each other. And the 'History' on your PC won't even have your DW starting a 'DH Looking at Porn' thread. Enjoy yourslves, and welcome to MN smile

sinkingfast Sun 04-Jan-09 22:22:35

lol blu

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Sun 04-Jan-09 22:23:58

Hi Blu, nice to see you around. I used my real name but I emphasised that it wasn't to be used, so it was just like one of those "name and address supplied" letters you often see in newspapers. It would not have been the end of the world if they had used it - I took a calculated risk that whilst I don't want my RL identity "outed," I did want to make the point to the Independent that accuracy in such issues mattered.

Blu Sun 04-Jan-09 22:37:50

Well, I'm pleased they obliged.

I'm always around - but I have to go now - my poor rabbits must be shivering in these sub-zero temps and I have to put their (£23.50) microwavable heat mat in thier shed!

sinkingfast Sun 04-Jan-09 22:39:24

That's a great idea blu

<googles>

Blu Sun 04-Jan-09 22:46:56

Sinking - it's called a Snugglesafe Microwave Heatpad.

Blu Sun 04-Jan-09 22:47:26

And it stays warm for 10 hours!

sinkingfast Sun 04-Jan-09 22:49:48

Our rabbit would love one!

SueW Sun 04-Jan-09 23:10:37

I would love a heat pad that stayed warm for 10hours!

JingleBennysAndJooniper Sun 04-Jan-09 23:52:44

have you all moved onto vibrators now?

<<outs self as lurker >>

Tortington Sun 04-Jan-09 23:54:21

oh dear, vibes - thats 10 hun points for you

lol

TheFloozyInTheJacuzzi Sun 04-Jan-09 23:57:58

LOL Custardo! Yesterday someone I know on MN replied to a poster calling her "honey" and I was a bit shocked that she did, seeing as she wasn't a "hun" type till I noticed that the poster she was talking to had "honey" in her MN name!

DaddyJ Mon 05-Jan-09 12:18:37

lol blu
If this thing leads to more fathers joining MN,
it has all been worth it.

Incidentally, having battled my way through at least 4000 of the 7500 posts
I would feel sorry for anyone looking for a gory mummy fight.

This story is far more complex, far more adult in the true sense of the word.
There are no quick thrills, no sex nor violence.
A lot happens off-board, many posts and whole threads have been deleted
so close attention and reading between the lines is required
as well as digging deep during the long, barbarically dull food and drink sequences.
High-brow literature never gives up its secrets easily.

The narrative that emerges is steeped in classic themes of mankind.
On the one hand you have betrayal. Betrayal of individuals, betrayal of an utopian ethos (Egalite!).
This is counterbalanced by a powerful yearning for paradise lost.
Ideals, principles and egos clash, group dynamics appear irresistible.

No wonder this is such a gripping yarn!
Particularly as the characters are all perfectly likeable, caring mothers.
No phantomime villains here.

There. One for Private Eye's Pseuds Corner grin

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 12:20:31

Lol

you are sounding like Scottishmummy only in English. grin

she's a poet you know.

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 12:24:53

Message deleted

DaddyJ Mon 05-Jan-09 12:24:58

And one last post, I promise wink

If this thread has really run its course then we can also add leadership
to the list of themes.
More candidly, abject failure of leadership in a conflict situation.

Ironically, there is currently a News thread putting forward the premise
that more female input could be the answer to the troubles in the Middle East.

I think gender in this context is a red herring.

The real issue is when leaders only think in terms of fight or flight.
It's FIGHT between the Israelis and Hamas and
it appears to be FLIGHT between MNHQ and the Moldies.

Neither approach is likely to lead to a lasting peace
let alone encourage both groups to collectively pursue common goals.

What is needed is bold, imaginative leadership
that prides itself on its ability to reconcile dilemmas,
to think the unthinkable and seek it against the odds.

What would be the unthinkable in our situation?
MNHQ and the Moldies working together.
Because having this separate forum for veteran Mumsnetters is actually not a bad idea at all.
If it's done right.

Victory is there to be snatched from the jaws of defeat
but, as in the Middle East, the leadership does not appear to be up to the task.

Tiggiwinkle Mon 05-Jan-09 12:27:34

A bit of childish footstamping going on there methinks fio.

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 12:28:09

I don't know what you are on about daddyJ but you are not talking about flight as in me are you.

<<thick>>

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 12:28:42

<<scared of fio>>

grumpybritches Mon 05-Jan-09 12:31:41

FWIW I read 'betrayal' as a more general thing than posting on an alternative forum.

Wll done DJ for trying to raise this discussion up a little...

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 12:31:50

Message deleted

Threadworm Mon 05-Jan-09 12:37:40

Daddyj what an odd idea. Why on earth would MNHQ and the moldies want to work together? It's just a spin-off site. They've gone. Nothing to do with MNHQ now and why should it be?

And the comparison with something serious like Gaza/Israel is pretty distasteful.

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Mon 05-Jan-09 13:21:21

Wow DaddyJ - you really are trying to stir things up aren't you?

Blu Mon 05-Jan-09 13:29:14

"as well as digging deep during the long, barbarically dull food and drink sequences."

Sorry, that undermines your whole premise here: "I think gender in this context is a red herring."

grin

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 13:37:31

"Because having this separate forum for veteran Mumsnetters is actually not a bad idea at all.
If it's done right."

yes is fucking does. let there not be the seven circles of hell
the inner sanctum, or any other better, bigger, more famous up their own arse egotist elitist tosspots -

work together? to create a two tier mumsnet, those of a certain eloguence, or if your a close friend of someone who is a moldy, can get into this inner sanctum

its not like graduating university.

they aren't the best

they are a bunch of people who went offto set up a secret elitist forum - deliberatly

the same people came met my family slept at my house, accepted my dh as a chauffer, smoked my fags and ate my food. the same people told me highly sensitive personal information about their family members

so what- the - fuck - am - i - not - getting - here?

does a certain style, class, of person do this ...regularly... is it becuase i am a northern monkey that i thought any of these things constituted more than a user name on a website

eh?

work together? you have to be out of your mind.

work together to have a public school and a private school or mumsnet

are you shitting me

its disgusting the whole thing is utterly revolting.

LucyJones Mon 05-Jan-09 13:42:11

I think it's quite clear that GeraldineMumsnet was posting in response to FA's seeking out of Twiglett's posts tbh
I agree with Frog, it was quite a shocking thing to do!

duchesse Mon 05-Jan-09 13:47:19

It just smacks of the sort of behaviour you'd expect from primary school children to me. Deeply immature and uninteresting.

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 13:47:54

as was seeting up a secret elitist forum.

and she conceded that our opinions can change - it required but, a little firther reading.

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 13:49:22

Message deleted

LucyJones Mon 05-Jan-09 13:49:45

Custardo- your case seems more personal though
Have you contacted the people that stayed at your house, smoked your fags etc and asked them what on earth they thought they were up to?

LucyJones Mon 05-Jan-09 13:50:34

Fio -iirc a lot of the Moldies were against that

georgimama Mon 05-Jan-09 13:50:48

There's a weirdo bloke who posts a lot on the daily telegraph site called IIRC Ignatious Jack or something like that, he has a very similar posting style to DaddyJ. Strange line breaks just the same and a weirdly detached style of writing.

DaddyJ, are you Ignatious Jack?

Tiggiwinkle Mon 05-Jan-09 13:51:02

Custardo-you are right and I agree with you completely.

Lucyjones-have you not read FA's posts explaining why she did the search? What do you not understand?

Anyway, I think it was completely in order to use a quote to display the irony of this whole sorry debacle.

It occurs to my reading this thread...apart from the few self-proclaimed moldies, we do not have a clue who they are. Perhaps the people coming onto these threads criticizing posts by mumsnetters gives us some kind of clue?

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 13:51:08

no fuck 'em

i have the measure of them now.

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 13:52:09

Message deleted

electra Mon 05-Jan-09 13:52:27

Yes, I raised the point about the SN board on an earlier thread and I remember a lot of people writing long posts about how hurt they are...

electra Mon 05-Jan-09 13:52:54

sorry, were about that

Tiggiwinkle Mon 05-Jan-09 13:54:07

fio- as 2shoes has repeatedly stated on these threads, the SN group was set up in an entirely different manner and has never refused anyone entry. She has asked that it is not drawn into this debate on previous threads.

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 13:55:16

Message deleted

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 13:56:49

Message deleted

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 13:56:51

i disagree, i think the private board did cause a rumble.

what is being suggested here ? that by comparing moldies to the SN board - one can illustrate how a private board is needed?

bollocks bollocks bollocks

the motives the needs behind the setting up of the sn board

the factthat we can al pop in and have a look round when we want - there is no exclusivity, no group od 'head' girls passing acceptance ribbons to her best friends.

Tiggiwinkle Mon 05-Jan-09 13:56:55

Well 2shoes runs it and that is what she said on a previous thread.

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 13:57:15

Message deleted

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 13:57:39

Message deleted

electra Mon 05-Jan-09 13:57:51

I think it is appropriate to bring it up tiggiwinkle, because the point is that I have seen people who were 'hurt' by the SN board now arguing that they cannot understand why people are hurt by the moldie board - a board that people are actively excluded from.

yesprimeminister Mon 05-Jan-09 13:57:58

Although I have not read all the posts on this topic, has it not been estalished that there is a voting system in place on this other forum? So it is possible that a person's friends could have actually wanted to invite them, but others have not voted for them? That is not the fault of the friend.

Tiggiwinkle Mon 05-Jan-09 13:58:06

Well if you cannot see the difference Fio I really do give up.

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 13:58:28

becuae they stick your name on a list and vote on it - without your knowledge

they make mn posts then when they have had a chuckle self edit

becuase it was secret

becuase of its membership
jesus fio

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 13:58:52

Message deleted

LucyJones Mon 05-Jan-09 13:59:20

fair enough Custardo, I can completely understand that

Tiggiwinkle - if you're implying i'm a Moldie you're wrong
I do however like Twiglett as a poster and if you think FA's post of Sun 04-Jan-09 19:40:44 explains why she deliberately searched Twig's posts I'm sorry but her explanation doesn't ring tue to me
It's almost as if because you know one dfeinite member that makes her fair game for personal attacks which, as we all know, if against Mumsnet's policy

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 14:00:19

i remember being vehemently against a private area for people with kids who have sn to go

as some of them will probably remember grin

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 14:02:04

then it is your duty lucyjones to report it so that mumsnet can remove it.

if they fing it that bad - as they own the site, then let them do it

Tiggiwinkle Mon 05-Jan-09 14:07:29

Quoting someone's posts is hardly a personal attack is it lucyjones?

hm, I think, fwiw, that a private sn board is a whole different thing than to set up an elitist forum....and, that is how moldie does come across as...(I mean, moldies seem to think they are the elite, not necessarily that I believe them to be elite, I have you know grin)....
I am sure that the sn forum possible has only one "entry-requirement" (for lack of better word....and that would be that the person has a child with sn?
However, moldies are different as such, aren't they? People chose who they feel ar good enough to join....that is what the problem is....not for me personally....as I couldn't really care on a personal level...but it does kinda come across as a bit snobby....

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:13:35

Thanks to those of you who have defended me, i am grateful, I have been worried by the posters who are shocked by my quotes

LucyJones, I'm sorry that you don't believe my explanation

I am not a liar by nature

If you perceive what I did as vindictive or an attack, can you explain why - I haven't stated anywhere that what Twiglett said was wrong or offensive, just that i was surprised to find it and saddened by the fact she had apparently changed her mind since writing it

She's not a politician, she's allowed to turn or change her mind

If you read it as an attack, please explain why - I am not seeing it. Unless you think what she said was something worth using against her ? hmm

My use of it was a comment, not an attack.

Please don't suggest I'm being disingenuous because I often do apologise on here, am very conscious that sometimes I overstep the mark - but I hope not to have done so this time.

psst...Flightattendent really IS a pedant, btw....she reads dictionary for fun grin wink

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:16:09

I had better add that my perception was of Twiglett being very much involved in the engendering of the other board.

I am sorry if I have offended by quoting an individual but I believed she was central to its activity, and defensive of its motives

I am not sure if that makes her fair game for quoting or not, but I can see sort of what you mean.

FA, tbh...if you had quoted anyone else, it probably wouldn't have been critized as much....

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:19:09

And I agree with Custy that HQ have every right to remove the post if they feel it is an attack

however they have not done so

perhaps by doing so they might be concerned about implying that Twig had done something wrong (and was thus being attacked for such, rather than simply quoted)

when in fact it is arguable whether she has.

sarah293 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:19:10

Message withdrawn

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 14:19:38

Message deleted

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:20:10

Thanks Fair - but why?

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:21:59

...and how can it be a character assassination if there is nothing to assassinate?

FA, I think sometimes it's more a matter of who you doing what "to" rather than what you do....iykwim....

Fio, the "entry requirements" of moldies seem to imply an elitism....they really do....we have heard from people, who are well known and well established mn being vetoed for moldies....etc....

I can understand why people want to talk in private, etc...but tbh, why be so secretive about the set up, etc...? I think it was the secrecy that got some peoples hackles up...

LucyJones Mon 05-Jan-09 14:27:11

oh I don't know
i don't want a ruck either smile
I just liked Twiglett and feel sad that she has dereged so isnt here to defend herself so quoting her seems pointless sad

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:27:24

hmmm...(goes and reads dictionary as only source of comfort)
smile

Well I've reported my own post and this is what I have said in the little box:

'Hi,

have been in for some flack about this and tbh would rather not upset anyone; Geraldine if this is what your comment was about last night I apologise.

Please do feel free to delete it if you feel it is an attack, it isn't meant to be as I don't feel an attack is warranted. But I might find it hard to take if someone searched my old posts to demonstrate that I had said something that appeared counter to my present arguments.

Can I let you be judge of this please - I'm not impartial enough and could be deluding myself..
thankyou and sorry for the trouble.'

I hope this helps. MNHQ might have a better head on than me.

but she de-reged by choice, I assume....and the post quoted, well...it kinda did show just how she had changed her mind on that point....

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 14:28:34

LJ, thanks for the smile

I do see what you mean

however she could rereg and say something if she wanted, nobody's stopping her iyswim.

Anyway shall we forget it now.

LucyJones Mon 05-Jan-09 14:30:42

<shakes hand>
smile

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 14:36:18

nah, man. i'm telling you if 6 years of me telling you about my daughter becomming deaf, my husnamd being a prick, my eldest sons miriad of problems. etc.

i think this is a two way street here my 'friends'

there is a belittling of peoples feelings and strngth of feeling on this subjct

pronouncing 'tis only the internet'

tis only the internet , why run away set up your own secret forum, appoint a tech even and invite everyone.

internet friends are pretend then why - i need somewhere to talk to cod and twiglett and the rest.

a fish and a marmite pretzel

or does that do a disservice to the yers andhelp and advice that somepeople have listening to others problems and advising on it

this is out of order stuff fio - please don't patronise me by trying to defend the fact that a secret forum was set up with well known mumsnet members that was kept a secret. polls and lists of who should be members were discussed and voted on

so please do not dare to boil this down to a single issue of my friendships.

it is one of a few issues that this whole horrid affair.

constant simplifying of my feelings of 'not real' internet friendships - when those same people run off and create a bloody forum for the same thing...give me strength.

so excuse the fuck out of me if i am genuinley upset that people who have seen me through 6 years of my and my families life, do something like this schoolground elitist stunt of picking who is the best for the netball team.

take your netball team and shove it

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 14:39:48

Message deleted

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 14:41:58

the greatest insult is to try and defend it - becuase you can't.

you have all done something spectacularly mean and spiteful, and if your answer to that is a metaphoric 'fuck you' thats like the shit cherry on top of shit pie

if non of you ( i have thus far counted ONE!) have the humilty to say - what we did was spectaculary mean and hurtful, you have a right to be upset and sound off about it...i completely understand, then best be rid of behave in this unspeakable manner towards others

you wouldn't accept if from your children.

elliott Mon 05-Jan-09 14:43:56

well, I've not posted before on this as it all blew up just as I went on xmas break. But let me put myself firmly in the 'its just not cricket' camp.
I'm one of those who has been here a long time but doesn't have much 'presence' and tbh, I'm happy with that. I don't want to create RL friendships from MN because to me, part of the point is about discussing things that you wouldn't say to people if they 'really' knew you. (like, nerdy databases for keeping tabs of finances grin)
So, yes, I do miss some familiar names (and had been wondering where they had gone, until it all became horribly clear), and it does leave a nasty playground exclusion type of feeling, but you know, I think there will still be a few people around here to share holiday tips and recipes with wink. There are lots of names disappeared from when I first started, some have namechanged and some now gone to moldies, but I guess that's life.

Anyway I know I'm about 10 days too late with this but just wanted to say my piece...

Fio, so, how would you have felt if you were excluded?

SaintGeorge Mon 05-Jan-09 14:52:14

<<sticks head in>>

Can I just point out that the Twig post is totally irrelevant to the whole argument anyway as she was objecting at the time to a live chatroom, which is a completely different entity to a forum.

<<retires again>>

LucyJones Mon 05-Jan-09 15:03:09

lol SaintGeorge

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Jan-09 15:04:54

Hi there, my post repeating Carrie's post (!) wasn't in response to any particular post/poster - it was just an [unsuccessful] attempt to pour oil on troubled waters and possibly head off another retreading of the same ground.

ilovelovemydog Mon 05-Jan-09 15:06:42

geraldine,

How much longer can one use the festive smileys? smile

GeraldineMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 05-Jan-09 15:09:11

Well, I did toy with getting BigTech to remove them before Twelfth Night, but thought better of it! So they'll be here until tomorrow, Jan 6th.

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Mon 05-Jan-09 15:09:20

(drops by to point out that there are more MNHQ visitors on this thread than she's EVER seen on Mumsnet before, and wonders if perhaps this is the new MNRoyalty revealing itself....they'll come and play with us but only if we quarrel lots wink)

lol rev....

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Mon 05-Jan-09 15:11:24

shock at Geraldine's post and envy at the conversation with sexy tech, must stop being angry and sad with moldies and oldies and smile again, whilst thinking of a way hmm to use ALL the festive emoticons in one sentence before they disappear...

grin

VinegarTits Mon 05-Jan-09 15:17:27

As i said in my 'infamous' quote used by the DM, i personally, am glad about Moldies, as i think that cliquey feeling has gone from MN

I remember when i first started posting on MN, there were a lot of prolific posters who would shout you down for being meek and mild, and asking(in their opinion) stupid questions that had already been asked before, becuase you werent allowed to repeat questions that might have already been discussed, oh no, you would get told off or [yawn] or [boring] or hmm

I realised that to survive on here, i would have to namechange and have more of a 'i dont give a shit who you are, i will say what i like' attitude, which is why i came up with VinegerTits, it made me feel i could 'tongue lash' my way through the cliqueyness without being flamed, and you know what it worked.

That feeling has gone now, i really feel it is a much calmer, nicer place to post

That is not a personal attack on Moldies btw, but i just feel there are some posters who are better off there, bigger fish in a smaller pond iykwim. Having said that there are a lot of posters who have gone that i miss, i used to enjoy reading their posts, like kewcumber and colditz, those people who made vaulable contributions with their wisdom, and didnt just flame people for their stupidity.

randomcupsoftea Mon 05-Jan-09 15:19:58

Flightattendant - your quotes where interesting and, imho, fit in well with the debate.

Custardo - it's not fair on you. I think you deserve some answers.

I think the name should change from moldie to othersiter or whatever. Not all oldies are moldies.

randomcupsoftea Mon 05-Jan-09 15:22:02

Agree with you vtits - I find it much more reasonable. The moldies aspect explains why some threads just went crazy and there were many insults & much awfulness.

Dior Mon 05-Jan-09 15:31:18

I would like to thank Geraldine for deleting all my posts. I'm sure I was being paranoid, but I have posted a lot of personal information on here in the past. I am still going to be here (for those of you who have asked on MN or via email) but may have a different name in future posts.

This whole debacle has taught me a big lesson - no more personal posts. Oh yes, no bad swearing or papers will quote you, despite the majority of your posts being supportive hmm.

Finally, this whole thing is now just getting on my nerves in a big way. I miss all the old posters on here. I don't think they made the place bitchy - there has been a fair amount of bitching in the last two weeks without them. OK, so some found them overbearing, but I didn't. I'm big and ugly enough to stand up for myself.

That is not to say that new posters won't come along with personalities just as big and funny to fill the gap. So, while some of us continue to vent their spleen and get some weird kudos for doing so from the new 'gang', I would urge the site to become its calm and serene self again soon.

Like Soupy, until it does, I will be posting no more. I'm sure that won't worry a lot of you, but it WILL worry me.

Happy New Year!

ilovelovemydog Mon 05-Jan-09 15:36:34

is tomorrow the 12th night hmm

<note to self: take down Christmas Tree>

daftpunk Mon 05-Jan-09 15:46:24

this is a parenting forum...do you join and fall in love with everyone? i can see how the moldies thing has annoyed people...but no one that has anything to do with that site has come out looking that good (imo)..

they are trying to recreate the past...you can't...times change, people move on....and as for a small site being safer (and i'd hardly call 150 small) would you walk into a room with 150 people and complain about the size of your patners dick? no, so i can't see how you would discuss really personal stuff even on the moldies site..

time to move on...it's a new year...let's forget about it.

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 15:48:19

fio, I shan't be searching your posts, unless you get misquoted by a few people and there is a WRONG WORD in it and in that case sorry but i shan't be rsponsible for my actions smile

responsible, Flight wink

Flightattendant7 Mon 05-Jan-09 15:52:58

grin

elliott Mon 05-Jan-09 15:53:30

dior I saw all your posts had gone - I was searching for something innocuous like advice about kitchen appliances and found a thread that was practically all deleted posts - you, cod, someone else I think - it made me very sad that such harmless (but useful!) threads had been decimated...
I'm also sad if Soupy has gone.

But I think I'm going to revise my opinion of myself - its not so much that I don't have much of a presence, I have realised I am in fact invisible grin

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 15:57:02

Message deleted

tbh, I would think it would be a shame if anyone would feel they can't post anymore...moldie or not moldie....grin
I just wondered how you would have felt....iykwim smile

Mercy Mon 05-Jan-09 16:03:45

I think you made an interesting point earlier Fio.

Perhaps anyone who is upset or angry should contact those Mners that you have met or made friends with in RL and whom you believe to be a member of Moldies.

Awww Elliot...I can see you {grin]

daftpunk Mon 05-Jan-09 16:06:42

fifio; i'm genuinely sorry you felt you couldn't discuss your warts on mumsnet...i really am.

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 16:08:32

but why would i POSSIBLY do that mercy?

daftpunk, Fio actually said that she has discussed rather personal issues, like vaginal warts, on mumsnet....
or that is how I understood that post...

elliott Mon 05-Jan-09 16:11:16

Thank you fairlady!

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 16:11:22

Message deleted

Blossomhill Mon 05-Jan-09 16:17:24

fio so that's where you've been hiding grin

Blossomhill Mon 05-Jan-09 16:20:40

Sorry not read the rest of this thread only this page blush

VinegarTits Mon 05-Jan-09 16:22:15

Wow my post just disappeared into thin air so i will try again:

I dont think anyone is saying that Moldies cannot post on MN anymore

But it is interesting that you would feel sad if you couldnt, as i guess that how those excluded from Moldies feel, sad that they are not allowed to post along with their friends and people who they have been chatting with for years on MN

Its a bit like saying your not allowed to post on MN anymore, as it is now private now and your not allowed in

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 16:22:18

Message deleted

Mercy Mon 05-Jan-09 16:22:22

I can't see why not tbh.

I thought your main point was that you have made RL friends with some posters who you now think may have gone behind your back.

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 16:27:10

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

I have tried to stay out of this, having got all my grief out in the early days of this revelation, but I just wanted to post to say sad to see Dior, as we know her anyway, leaving MN. How will your friends know you in your new guise? I couldn't even recognise you in your Christmas name!

I admit I have made some new friends here since Christmas, but I still feel I am missing even more. sad

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 16:30:15

Tortington Mon 05-Jan-09 16:30:58

thats it - unless someone says something blatenly stupis ( a la daddyJ ) then i promise to lay off dib dib kiss my arse.

No they don't miss me enough Custy. Thanks for pointing that out, I might not have realised otherwise. wink

TroyVerne Mon 05-Jan-09 17:36:55

can anyone join mumsnet daughters of mediocrity?
i wnated to join the mouldies but they said no.
apparently i'm not a big enuff character.

DaddyJ Mon 05-Jan-09 17:43:11

I should not have posted and gone off into a business meeting.
Sorry!

Will try and catch up..

Nighbynight Mon 05-Jan-09 17:44:19

Mercy - do you really not understand why we don't want to email or phone people and say "are you in the moldies? why didnt you remember me?"
Because the answer is probably along the lines of "Well you arent very important to me, and I forgot about you"

compo Mon 05-Jan-09 17:45:35

<Fio really sorry about Woolies if you're still around>

MoreSpamThanGlam Mon 05-Jan-09 17:49:11

I have raging PMT and I am thinking of starting a new forum called Mankies, for people that do not have a plum in there mouth and a copy of Boden shoved up their arse....

MoreSpamThanGlam Mon 05-Jan-09 17:49:51

Fucks sake..I cant even spell...

TotalChaos Mon 05-Jan-09 17:50:39

ack Dior - why not just hide this thread (and part 4 if it carries on that long)? 99% of MN is discussing the usual stuff.

TroyVerne Mon 05-Jan-09 17:53:26

will you be having a boden in your mouth and a plum up your bum instead, morespamthanglam?

MoreSpamThanGlam Mon 05-Jan-09 17:56:51

Nah

I shall have a froot shoot up my arse and a greggs sausage roll in my gob. That ok with you?

TroyVerne Mon 05-Jan-09 18:08:02

ach, you dont need my permission. stick what you like wherever you like for all i care. you should know that i'm short on sympathy though wink

FioFio Mon 05-Jan-09 18:13:31

Message deleted

DaddyJ Mon 05-Jan-09 18:26:29

FA - see here for fight or flight.
Don't worry, this is not about you nor me (no, I don't post on the Telegraph site),
this is about the people who are in a position
to really make a difference.

This story deserves a better ending.

Dreyfus Mon 05-Jan-09 18:57:16

I woke from a dream and found I had writ a Pome. I hope it raises a smile rather than cutlasses...

In the year 2008
Began that saga, MoldieGate
When the elite Chosen Few
(around one hundred and forty two)
Fled en masse for better climes
And thus began some troubled times.

'We are the Crem-miest Creme de Creme
And so we're not inviting Them
We don't want her, she's quite unknown
And she has always made me groan.'
With every post they aspired to be
Endowed with Moldie Royalty.

Miffed, the unchosen masses chuggered
'Why have those Moldies orf they buggered?
And so much more importantleee
Why did the meanies not pick MEEEE?'

But we'll be fine, MN still rocks
We won't put thistles in Moldies' socks
Or any other naughty triques
From now on there'll be no more cliques

And they can post both There and here
And we can post - just here, I fear
But moving very swiftly on,
It's time that all this woe be gone
A brand New Year, we wish them well
We hope that over there it's hell swell.

smile

Mercy Mon 05-Jan-09 19:26:33

Nighbynight, well we obviously have different approaches to dealing to friends (or even so called friends)

I can only echo Wannabe's post on this thread on Saturday which sums up my way of thinking.

I'm sorry you are upset by all of this; it's happened to me in RL but it's just made me bit more objective/aloof/cynical over the years.

Btw, as far as I can work out you have had a slight name change (but I could be wrong). I understand why people need to do this but it does make it harder to be recognised by others who may have known someone for years.

Also if I have been genuinely hurt I wouldn't display my emotions so publicly (not that I think you have) or jump on hte bandwagon (again, not that I think you have)

By the time I've posted this (in between abut 20 mins of reading and dealing with fighting dc) the thread will probably have moved on. Hey ho.

chipmonkey Mon 05-Jan-09 20:03:21

Like it Dreyfus!grin

wartybosoms Mon 05-Jan-09 20:04:50

Rofl Dreyfus, fabulous
These ravings posts have been worth it just for that! grin

Dreyfus - that's fab grin

Well done Dreyfus. If this can't make Morningpaper's round-up, your poem at least ought to. grin

MoreSpamThanGlam Mon 05-Jan-09 20:42:18

Dreyfus - thats brilliant!

Troy - when I want your sympathy, or anybodies for that matter, I'll ask for it...but dont hold your breath. Well - you can if you want...

Mamazon Mon 05-Jan-09 20:43:28

so who is it thats actually buggered off to this greener pasture?

NorkyButNice Mon 05-Jan-09 20:58:23

Dreyfus - grin

MP - please let the poem go in the roundup!

TroyVerne Mon 05-Jan-09 21:06:48

just as well spam, coz i wasnt offering it

fab poem dreyfus smile

BumpermightsuetheSindie Mon 05-Jan-09 21:07:13

Fab poem!

Flamespar Mon 05-Jan-09 21:15:45

Love it! That has to be rounded up!

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Mon 05-Jan-09 21:24:08

Great poem! How do you do that??? I bow to your talents.

TroyVerne Mon 05-Jan-09 21:26:17

i fear morningpaper is too busy scrapbooking to see this little gem

Dominion Mon 05-Jan-09 21:27:32

Lurking has been interesting the last few weeks.

My take on this:

Some mumsnetters like eachother and has set up another forum where they chat in peace, free of trolls and rudeness. Is it heaven? Is it bliss?

Surely not. TWO members, who has initially had NO qualms about joining the site, flee and subsequently spill the beans, in all its gory glory, they revel in the perceived facts, of veto's and avatars. I wonder why...

Some members of the new site is outed/outs themselves, and is immediately mumsnet pariah, regardless of who they are, how helpful and lovely they have been prior to this. They are instantly despised and disliked. Mumsnet is better now that the scumbags have left.

ONE member goes mental, and is hurt, because she has not been invited. She has no ethical misgivings about the site, unlike the rest, but SHE has not had a golden invite, and because she assumes some of the members were her friends, rants for weeks. (personally I cant see the appeal of this site such it has been reported, sorry)

Blimey.

Nest of vipers?
Nest of fishwives?

I think in a strange way that I like it here.

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Mon 05-Jan-09 21:35:53

Welcome to the Dark side Dominion

dittany Mon 05-Jan-09 21:39:41

Are you a moldie Dominion?

You sound like their PR.

NotanOtter Mon 05-Jan-09 21:45:18

dreyfus i heart you

DelightedTurk Mon 05-Jan-09 21:59:42

If someone is not outraged and horrified by the existence of the Moldie forum, does that automatically make them a member of it? That does seem to be a prevailing view on these threads, I didn't realise that Mumsnet members all had to conform to one view point.

I am not a Moldie, before you ask.

As a relatively new joiner to this site, this level of outrage seems extraordinary. There are issues in the news that have not aroused such passion on these boards.

Dominion Mon 05-Jan-09 22:00:17

Nah, good ol' Dominion is neither mouldy nor moldie.

Dittany, is that supposed to be an insult?
Pleased to make your aquaintance. grin

TroyVerne Mon 05-Jan-09 22:31:02

Is "you must be a mouldie" the insult du jour?

i hope it will be short-lived

controlfreakyhohohohohohoho Mon 05-Jan-09 22:36:50

are you mouldy troy?

LongTallSallly Mon 05-Jan-09 22:37:00

Troy a lot of your posts are just being overlooked.

I imagine that happens to you quite a lot.

WilfSell Mon 05-Jan-09 22:38:03

grin

Nah, Troy's just getting a bit short-changed.

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Mon 05-Jan-09 22:40:59

'the sn board set up a private invitation only board a few years ago. What is the difference? or is it abnormal to want to discuss your NT children in privacy? '

I would hope that the only criteria is to be known on the SN boards? AFAIK theere's no popularity contest or anything going on. very much the opposite in my experience.

controlfreakyhohohohohohoho Mon 05-Jan-09 22:42:45

ignore the feeble attempts at self justification peachy..... rise above it.

TroyVerne Mon 05-Jan-09 22:44:45

grin lts & wilfs

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Mon 05-Jan-09 22:48:25

LOL- that assumes I am arsed about it in the first place (OK I was but now we're in about the fifty seventh place and I Am Decidedly Not)

Fio is a mate, as I have realised many of th Moldies are mates. I don't want to know why I was never invited any more. It can't be a positive outcome.

MN seems a friendly place to be atm, lots of nice friendly newbies and I have learned something I ike about myself: I don't look at names when posting.

If peolpe want to leave over it, maybe they should, it's a chat board after all- not a life support system. If not, good. Come back in, let's give up fighting and if those who don't like each other could just avoid each other in the playground for a bit then well done.

2shoes Mon 05-Jan-09 23:01:05

By FioFio on Mon 05-Jan-09 13:55:16
hasnt it?

are you actually SURE about that?
Contact the poster Contact mumsnet about this post By Tiggiwinkle on Mon 05-Jan-09 13:54:07
fio- as 2shoes has repeatedly stated on these threads, the SN group was set up in an entirely different manner and has never refused anyone entry. She has asked that it is not drawn into this debate on previous threads.

fuck me cheers fio, talk about stabbing someone in the backangry
for your information..
in the 2 1/2 years TTR has been goinbg no one has ever not be allowed to join anhd only one person banned(week one for breaking the only rule.....that what is said there is private) but you seem to know better.

daisy5678 Mon 05-Jan-09 23:02:01

The SN group is open to people who post on the SN board afaik, though have only joined recently. I don't think it's cliquey at all, as I have disagreed with 2 shoes and others on the main board about stuff and yet wasn't blacklisted from the group, which I think is a measure of non-cliquiness!

I think SN parents having a private place is, for me, a good thing - parents of kids with SN are often involved in lengthy battles with LEAs, Social Services etc. and I know of people on other SN websites whose details have been 'got' and then their posts used against them.

daisy5678 Mon 05-Jan-09 23:02:31

x posted, sorry

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Mon 05-Jan-09 23:05:20

We all disagree with 2shoes- I have a bloody degree in it. First class, with honours grin

wink

2shoes Mon 05-Jan-09 23:06:16

oh yes we had a lovely row the other week.

KerryMumbles Mon 05-Jan-09 23:07:11

stands behind 2shoes

daisy5678 Mon 05-Jan-09 23:08:58

I didn't mean it as a mardy thing - tis a good thing to be allowed to say what you want, and very different from a clique who aren't allowed to disagree with the herd. The SN clique erm but the entry criteria is kinda obvious and not at all subjective - you have to have an SN child - so how is it even relevant to this topic which is about arbitrary and random selection of some posters being deemed worthier than others?

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Mon 05-Jan-09 23:13:28

And the key thing of course is that if anyone, moldie non moldie newbie old or PITA develops the need for TTR we will be waiting with an invite.

We're a resource, not a club.

daisy5678 Mon 05-Jan-09 23:21:33

I'm the PITA smile but used to it. Everyone in the LEA hates me so I'm developing a thick skin.

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Mon 05-Jan-09 23:24:34

Nah, I'm the PITA. evryoe in the LEA hates me twice over grin.

badassmarthafocker Tue 06-Jan-09 02:04:10

I've noticed since all this kicked off that my facebook friends seem to have diminished slightly - looks like certain people have deleted me.

Things like this show you who your real friends are.

badassmarthafocker Tue 06-Jan-09 02:14:08

as for Mercys idea of non moldies who are offended/hurt whatever contacting their moldie friends, I actually think its up to the moldie friends (who give a shit) to contact their non moldie friends - some have contacted me (just to have a chat about the whole shebang), which I appreciate.

I'm Sallystrawberry btw

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Tue 06-Jan-09 06:24:49

Sally - can't believe you have been deleted from people's Facebook over this! Seems a tad OTT.

(Why are you 'badassmarthafocker'??)

Flightattendant7 Tue 06-Jan-09 06:39:15

I keep seeing new members saying things like 'wow, I can't believe how passionate this all is'

and it strikes me that actually that's because they are probably too new to understand the real passion that exists on these boards.

people are very much involved
it's a good thing, but it does cost a lot emotionally when someone is hurt.

I guess you'd call it investment. To an outsider it must seem a little freakish.

revjustaboutwipestheslateclean Tue 06-Jan-09 08:13:52

Can I just pop back and have a quick strop?

Whatever our feelings about mould or otherwise, to compare what has been happening with the SN boards is disgraceful.

Parents with SN children have a rough enough time in all sorts of ways, it should be blatantly obvious why they are entitled to "special treatment" because they are parents doing a "special job" with "special needs."

I can't believe anyone is crass enough to still be flogging this analogy.

2shoes Tue 06-Jan-09 08:21:35

thankyou rev

FioFio Tue 06-Jan-09 08:28:41

Message deleted

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Tue 06-Jan-09 08:31:45

I agree rev. And the reason the SN board went 'private' was a very valid one in my opinion. It is totally different to the moldies forum.

2shoes Tue 06-Jan-09 08:35:17

fio TTR is there for anyone who needs it mouldie/non mouldie

ABloke Tue 06-Jan-09 08:42:46

dominion

you forgot, "mad as a box of frogs"

DelightedTurk Tue 06-Jan-09 09:08:59

Flightattendant7, you may be right, it is difficult for a new person/outsider to appreciate an established group dynamic.

badassmarthafocker, that is very hurtful, but have you checked that those people are still on Facebook? I closed my account last year (my employer banned us from using it) and some of my friends emailed me to ask why I had deleted them.

Tiggiwinkle Tue 06-Jan-09 09:10:06

fio you have been picked up on it because you persist in saying TTR is the same thing as the moldies group. TTR is invitation only-but invites are extended to anyone with a child with special needs, the posters are not debated and voted on as to whether they are "worthy" enough.

Why you cannot see the difference I really do not know. But I guess, as the old saying goes "there are none so blind as those who do not wish to see".

ABloke Tue 06-Jan-09 09:10:54

Where the feck is the Mouldies MN oldies anyway, I googled them and found Rhubarbs blog?

I liked it btw.[blog]

Where are they? Here? Facebook? Other?

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 09:14:22

Badass shock at facebook deletions, mind I have no idea who most people on my facebooka re anyway- if they're 20 - 50 and female I just think oh yes must be MN LOL

great vetting huh?

I've been contacted by a moldie whome I got on with before and have massively appreciated it, she and I have ridiculously similar famillies and share a lot in common. I'd have hated to lose her friendship, even if some peolpe do seem to think its second class as its not 'RL'

(If mn isn't rl how come so much of my life still goes by when I am on here?'

I have decided the reason I am not on moldies is that I am too nice and they only want judgey people. And I do not ant to be told different LOL wink

Rev I think you're right about TTR Sn board, also the sn crowd had a weirdy stalker who appears on and off, we needed to hide then

Jurt Tue 06-Jan-09 09:20:15

I think a few people on here are misunderstanding. There are 2 SN boards. One, on here which is open for all to see, just not in active conversations and the second TTR- a private place by invitation only (and yes people can be vetoed - the question is asked each time, or at least was when I was on there).

I said before xmas that TTR and Moldies were run along the same lines. They are, whether you like it or not, having seen the workings of both, they are. I'm not quite understanding why one is causing so many problems and the other isn't.

Final point, the vast majority of people planned to post on several sites. Moldies was an add on, not an either or. As I also said before christmas I communicate with my friends in many ways. My closest (online) friends I communicate with by email. Those who have left MN (and really I count myself for now at least, as I was posting a lot during November & December and now really can't be bothered) have done so because they don't have the energy to post here and have to continually justify themselves. Nothing to do with having somewhere else to post, and everything to do with having enough problems in RL perhaps without having to add in extra online ones.

This sort of thread is hassle that I'm sure everyone posting on here doesn't need.

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 09:23:20

It's not a vetting Jurt its to check 2 people know who the proposed person is, as eg people on the ASD topics dn't always know people on physically disabled areas.....

FioFio Tue 06-Jan-09 09:24:52

Message deleted

abraid Tue 06-Jan-09 09:25:36

Please will someone explain hun and royalty points to me.

ABloke Tue 06-Jan-09 09:27:06

please answer my 9.10am post, someone, anyone.

smile

Jurt Tue 06-Jan-09 09:27:25

OK, I'm going to sign off rather than reply to that.

However, there is no debating of posters on moldies either so I don't quite know why that old chestnut is still doing the rounds.

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 09:27:28

(Oh by Jurt is right there are two boards, Sn on here which is accessible to all but you need to choose and a yahoo group. The yahoo group is run in a way that anyone can request or be asked the only rules are that no info on thre is shared as some is very medical / confidential etc, and 2 people need to know any new posters on MN so we are careful about who is on there- as Jurt knows we ahd big concerns over =smeone who clearly wasn't quite right and happy to attack people on the SN boards, hinted that they wanted money and the like).

There's no 'Oh I don't like' business or just friends though.

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 09:28:23

But the thought of being debated is what hurt a lot of people initially Jurt. you must understand that?

fishie Tue 06-Jan-09 09:28:34

i like custy's blog too smile

mnoldies is apparently a non-googlable message board somewhere out there <waves hand vaguely>

fishie Tue 06-Jan-09 09:29:09

that was to abloke btw

ABloke Tue 06-Jan-09 09:30:00

Thank you fishie. smile

So, anyone glad they are gone? grin

Fimbo Tue 06-Jan-09 09:32:08

Has anyone been offered membership of Mouldies since this all blew up?

FioFio Tue 06-Jan-09 09:32:31

Message deleted

Jurt Tue 06-Jan-09 09:33:40

But people were not debated, oh except supposedly for some brief period, which I never saw (& have been on the thing since the beginning, not that I looked at it much for the first month or so) . This has been said many times. No-one wants to believe it for some reason. There seems to be some sort of idea that this was some co-ordinated attempt to exclude, rather than a rather shambolic effort to get a few long lost people together and make sure that it was never going to be any sort of competition with MN.

Anyway, first day back at work, so reducing online talk time can only be good.

ABloke Tue 06-Jan-09 09:34:57

Fuck Fio no way are you venomous.

Some people get way too involved in all this crap.

Fio is not venomous though.

ABloke Tue 06-Jan-09 09:35:45

Who is TTR anyway?

Doodle2U Tue 06-Jan-09 09:38:42

Fio isn't venomous.

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 09:39:13

Fio I just think whoever posted that (and I really can't remember) was a bit hurt no more.

Jurt I realise that, but the debating thing was a big sticky in the first part of this and to be fair we don't have timelines as to when poeple joined. And that sort of 'myth' will shroud any attempt to move on.

Good luck at work. No car today (and £800 garage bill) so staying put.

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 09:40:31

i have formed the opnion that ALL moldies are still about, either lurking or posting under new names.

Tiggiwinkle Tue 06-Jan-09 09:40:35

To answer your point to me fio, I can only speak as a member of TTR (although I have not been on there for a very long time so am not a present member).

With regard to moldies we can obviously only go on things posted by people here who have seen the site and whose opinions of it seem to differ from your own.

peanutbear Tue 06-Jan-09 09:42:55

I cant get on to custys blog anymore !! I tried a couple of months ago and it wouldnt let me

but I did find it hilariously funny

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 09:47:08

Oh dear sour grapes?This thread smacks of schoolground didn't get picked for the team foot stamping.MNoldies is just a group of old style mumsnetters who are doing similar elsewhere.Why do you all care so much?Both sites have their pluses and minuses but all this is about is not being invited to the big do

ABloke Tue 06-Jan-09 09:50:22

A space after full stop please.

So, are you a mouldies/moldie/mnoldie then.

Pretends to be interested.

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 09:52:57

I am far too busy to punctuate!

fishie Tue 06-Jan-09 09:55:55

peanutbear it (custardo blog) asked for a password but i tried it again a week or so later and it was fine.

sorry custy to be discussing in your absence, seems a bit rude but we are fans you know.

daftpunk Tue 06-Jan-09 09:58:37

notnowplease; no..it isn't just about that...they left because some newbies were too common <<sniffs>> newbies that didn't give a toss about being involved in a new site...but what is annoying is they left because mn wasn't the place is was, caused loads of trouble..and i'd bet my house are now all back posting under different names...hmm

TotalChaos Tue 06-Jan-09 09:59:34

can we not agree to disagree over the TTR/Moldies comparison and (dreadful phrase) draw a line. I don't like to see SN board posters fighting with each other over MN political stuff, in particular people like Fio and Jurt who have been lovely to me over DS's SN.

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 09:59:39

yes daft - exactly and notnowplease is one of them.

does that mean they might be experiencing how it feels to be a newbie grin...

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:02:00

oo er put your knives back in the drawer!BB you know nothing about me you fool.Why do you care if you have this site which is excellent in itself. Too common?That is your own insecurity have you tried chavnet I've heard its well good innit grin

TWINSETinapeartree Tue 06-Jan-09 10:02:21

I doubt it Fairlady because if they are on here they will all know each others new names. I suspect they would not be too bothered about us lot talking to them either.

pagwatch Tue 06-Jan-09 10:05:03

Happy New Year Daft punk!

I also think many are back.
Who can resist evesdopping when people are talking about you grin.
You just have to notice new names noisily defending the position of the Moldies.

I hope most of them docome back though. Once this has blown over. Which it will a lot quicker if people stop posting a)why do you care and b) its just the same as {insert inaccurate comparison of choice}
because a)some do and b) it isn't.

But it will die down at some stage and all will go back to normal.
Especially for those like me who don't really remember names blush so haven't really joined the dots properly

tiredemma Tue 06-Jan-09 10:05:07

Fio is by far one of the nicest people on here.

Its a bit meh to be comparing the SN forum to the mouldies one isnt it??????

(cant believe this is all still going on)

mm22bys Tue 06-Jan-09 10:07:04

"Fio is by far one of the nicest people on here."

That's why I don't understand her bringing up TTR and comparing it with mouldies!

Tiggiwinkle Tue 06-Jan-09 10:07:50

tiredemma-it is moldies like fio who are drawing the comparison though...

tiredemma Tue 06-Jan-09 10:11:22

ah right

( that will teach me to press send without reading the entire thread!!- Sorry!)

allnewcontrolfreaky Tue 06-Jan-09 10:12:31

must be a tad galling though.... not to have your longstanding eminence and "contribution" recognised by the rest of us.... perhaps they realise they could have just namechanged in the first place and carried on posting on mn..... oh well. hindsight is a marvellous thing...

there is that twinset....

tiredemma, I think anyne would forgive you for not reading the whole thread it is of quite epic lenght really, lol

hehe, maybe there should be a mumsnet movement, and every single mumsnetter should change their id to something completely different id-names?
That could be fun....

Oh, and lol at chavsnet....

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:17:41

fool? Moi? To quote your own phrase 'you know nothing about me'. Common? Moi? Same phrase again!

What I do know is that you are a Moldie, and you are back here....nuff said.

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:19:10

i am not a moldie at all have been invited though so don't have the same hang ups as you!

allnewcontrolfreaky Tue 06-Jan-09 10:20:18

... but with a name change so we wouldnt have known if you didnt have a compulsion to post on this one thread....

notnowplease, if you want to be "unknown" why post on here defending your mouldy actions.... if you dont want to be unknown and have done nothing wrong why namechange??

allnewcontrolfreaky Tue 06-Jan-09 10:21:09

ok. really hmm. if you say so.. why namechange then??

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:21:34

If you care to read any of my posts, you will find that i couldn't give a shit about another forum personally. I can, however, understand those who feel they have been shat upon from a great height.

tiredemma Tue 06-Jan-09 10:21:48

well fairlady- I have piles of washing from my holiday and I still have to take down Xmas decs.
Time is limited.

I am skimming the thread but obv not picking out the most important bits!!!

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:22:03

Name change?From what?

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:23:00

Bernard?

allnewcontrolfreaky Tue 06-Jan-09 10:23:01

err, how would i know?

tiredemma...wasn't having a go...I wasn't being sarky...I meant it as in, it is completely understandable that going through the whole thread would be a bit much...honest....hand on heart...

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:24:55

No one has been shat on you are all taking this far too seriously.It really is I wasn't invited syndrome which is strange as this is all virtual.I haven't namechanged though but I do know some of the others in RL

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:24:57

No one has been shat on you are all taking this far too seriously.It really is I wasn't invited syndrome which is strange as this is all virtual.I haven't namechanged though but I do know some of the others in RL

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:25:47

yeah whatever

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:26:04

yeah whatever grin

mm22bys Tue 06-Jan-09 10:28:43

Notnowplease, you'll be deleting your Mouldies membership given it obviously means so little to you?

It's not "virtual", some people are genuinely hurt over being "excluded", that doesn't sound like it's too "virtual" to me!

(No sour grapes from me personally, I have only been here two years and have no delusions that I would ever be considered a suitable member of the mouldies, but do understand a fair few people are genuinely hurting over this).

lol at bollock....
and notnowplease...you want us to believe that? I mena that you didn't namechange? Come on...we weren't born yesterday, ya know grin

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:30:45

she has gone quiet, prob over 'the other side' slagging grin

lucy678 Tue 06-Jan-09 10:31:24

Do you think this thread will still be going at Easter?

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:31:36

God thin skins no wonder the brains departed wink ciao

??? I am to thick to understand that one...grin

abouteve Tue 06-Jan-09 10:33:10

They are probably lurking and perhaps posting under new names on these moldies threads. IMO posting on mumsnet under new names goes against the grain of the type of people who set moldies up so they may never come back bacause of the hoohar its caused.

I can certainly understand how some people feel about being excluded it must be horrible to invest so much of your life in a site to have people setting up a secret one without inviting you.

Best to let it fade now.

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:33:16

"brain's" not "brains"

thickie

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:35:05

no, brains

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:36:25

no surely "brain has"

it is singular in this instance rather than plural hmm?

your manners have certainly departed, young lady

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:36:41

After a moments fresh air after 'ciao' the bad smell has returned wink

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:37:53

plural

tiredemma Tue 06-Jan-09 10:38:03

fairlady- I know you wasn't smile

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:38:40

ah but bollock brain is singular

do you see?

it is terribly important

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:39:26

it is infinitely worse to correct someones grammar as a form of attack so i would drop the manners bs

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:39:27

yes ver ver important. I only have ONE brain.

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:40:16

oh sorry didn't mean bollock brain i meant all those who have jumped ship

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:40:45

snurk @ claim of aggressive pendantry

<drags out chalkboard>

foxytocin Tue 06-Jan-09 10:40:58

'the brain has departed'

therefore, MP is right. grin

thickie grin

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:42:34

ooooh I see, so what are saying is that MNers here are all thick, and all the people with brains have left?

oh right

well I can see how terribly rude and offensive my correcting your grammar must have been then hmm

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:43:05

pmsl MP

foxytocin Tue 06-Jan-09 10:43:26

it is infinitely worse to correct someone's grammar as a form of attack

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:43:37

I was meaning the brains of the site as in the collective brains of those who have gone off to do whatever.Not the singular brain of MN but all the little brains who have hurt you all so terribly

phew tiredemma....grin

lol at brain pedantry (only on mumsnet, surely grin)

shabster Tue 06-Jan-09 10:44:09

<<snigger>>

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:44:59

ah but you don't have to be grammatically perfect to be chosen otherwise you would all be ok grin

foxytocin Tue 06-Jan-09 10:45:05

you mean the collective brain (sg), don't you?

notnow...do you need help with teh digging...I am ever so good at it....plenty of practice grin

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 10:46:32

PMSL

it's like a strange dream now....

keep expecting a parakeet to shove me in the canal yelling 'brains! brains!' anf then wake up

(disclaimer: haven't had that dream sine I was about 7 in rl). LOL

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:46:37

reckon she is using a JCB anyway Fairlady grin

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:47:11

teh digging what is that?

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:47:46

notnowplease your explanation has further defuddled me

do you have a Venn diagram handy?

daftpunk Tue 06-Jan-09 10:48:34

notnowplease;

you're starting to get on my wick....

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:48:38

pmsl

foxytocin Tue 06-Jan-09 10:49:24

ahh, you see, i don't want to be OK. i want to be perfect.

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:49:31

<scribbles diagram on chalkboard in manner of Gregory House>

SO what we have are COLLECTIVE BRAINS departing <draws arrow>

And THIN SKINS remaining <pops painkillers and looks into middle distance>

Lupus?

bollockbrain Tue 06-Jan-09 10:50:24

this is so funny, shame i have to pop out for an hour or so now sad

<limps, supportively>

shabster Tue 06-Jan-09 10:52:44

....passes Morning paper some of those fancy drawing pins with the different coloured tops.....and a highlight felt tip....and a pointer stick - you have to have a pointer stick......

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 10:53:48

ok i can see now how the splinter group occurred daftpunk it may have bee you alone

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 10:55:50

adds <terrible grammar> to List Of Symptoms

you never heard of digging yourself deeper?
Well, I do that all the time....but yeah, would maybe bollockbrain is right and you are using a JCB, so, my services will not be needed grin

lou031205 Tue 06-Jan-09 10:57:00

Can I just clear up a detail on the TTR/Mouldies angle, please?

I only started posting about DD in September, as that was when I found out she had SN. I had never heard of TTR until it was brought up on these threads, despite being a member since 2005.

BUT once I saw "TTR" mentioned in relation to SN I thought "What's that?" I DID A MN SEARCH

The URL is posted several times on here, so I went to the site and saw (clearly stated) that it was an invitation only site. It also stated who I could contact. One email later, and I was accepted as a member.

Now frankly, I would rather have seen TTR - SN, and thought, not interested, doesn't apply to me. Unfortunately life isn't quite like that & DD had SALT yesterday, will start epilepsy meds tomorrow, sees Portage on Thursday...

Now, then, does anyone want to persist with a comparison between a group that is exclusive for those that are 'worthy' or 'cool' or 'trusted', which no-one can google, no-one can know about without someone spilling the beans, and a group that is MN searchable, exclusive for those whose lives have been changed forever by being thrust into a world they didn't choose, and easily joined by a simple email?

Didn't think so sad

daftpunk Tue 06-Jan-09 10:57:45

ha ha...so i caused 150 to run did i?

ooops, no idea where that would came from, lol

finally we got someone to blame....it's all daftpunks fault....not the collective stupidity of the new breed of common mumsnetter....phew...

grin

abouteve Tue 06-Jan-09 11:02:13

I agree with lou, not a good comparison.

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Tue 06-Jan-09 11:02:28

Does it really matter if Moldies are still reading MN? Or posting?

I really don't have a problem that there is another forum. There were some valid reasons that it was set up in the first place and then re-ignited (for want of a better phrase). I think a non-googleable place is a great idea. I do agree that something seems to have gone awry in the invite/voting system but from what I know of those involved in the Moldies (and no I am not one) it would not have been done maliciously. As someone pointed out about 5 threads ago most of the people involved are not professional forum setter-uppers (again for want of a better phrase!) and I am sure that Moldies was a work in progess to see how best it could work and keep to the ethos of being somewhere safe that people could post.

I understand that some people have been extremely hurt (Custy especially) but this whole MN v. Moldies is not really going to help anyone move on.

I for one am very sad that so many posters that I liked (Kewcumber, LL, Dior, Colditz, MB etc) seem to have gone completely. They all added a great deal to MN.

abouteve Tue 06-Jan-09 11:05:30

Also agree with Buda. There are lots of names missing now but I can understand why they did it. It's a shame in a way but time to move on I think.

daftpunk Tue 06-Jan-09 11:07:12

this bloody blame culture...gets everywhere!

grin

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 11:18:34

Morning

[yawns]

<streaches arms>

[farts]

<goes back to sleep>

abouteve Tue 06-Jan-09 11:21:44

lucky lazy mare. grin

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 11:24:29

sorry i meant to say

<goes back to sleep at my desk, at work>

grin

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 11:26:30

Can I just say - I'm a Moldie and have never ever, not once been asked to vote on whther someone can join or not. I was told about Moldies, didn't ever really feel it was an invite as such. I joined, was happy to see an unclutted site where I could 'see' some Mumsnetters I had formed some sort of friendship with over the years and recognised 98% of the names on there and thought oh how nice so space to talk with some old friends. Never did anyone ask me what I thought about x or y joining or not joining.
Just want to make that clear as some people seem to think that all people who are on Moldies are underhand, sneaky bitches who are all huddled together picking who they consider to be the cream of the cream and that's just not the case.

Tn0g Tue 06-Jan-09 11:29:13

Not all, TC

That implies that some are...

harleyd Tue 06-Jan-09 11:30:22

not all

says it all

harleyd Tue 06-Jan-09 11:30:46

x-post tnog

took me that long to figure out fecking italica grin

Tortington Tue 06-Jan-09 11:30:57

Thomcatnpeoples very membership makes them complicit in accepting such behaviour as acceptable, no?

harleyd Tue 06-Jan-09 11:31:20

italics...grrr

Tn0g Tue 06-Jan-09 11:32:17

Harold, you thicko

< types furiously with one finger >

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 11:32:20

Ok prove it then Thomcat, post a link to the Moldies site?

Bet you wont

Your not allowed to are you?

TWINSETinapeartree Tue 06-Jan-09 11:32:48

lol at the not all I fear TC may be getting blackballed.

thomcat...completely off topic...but just looked at your profile and some lovely pics...but wow at your Birthpiccie....

abraid Tue 06-Jan-09 11:33:24

Even if they did post a link to the Moldies site it is probably set up so that you can't see any messages if you're not a member.

Wow Thomcat! You are gorgeous! Far too glamorous for the likes of us on this board!

<tugs forelock>

<realises people might think I'm serious>

<well, I am serious about her looking gorgeous>

<now worried about arguing with myself in these stupid arrows>

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 11:36:26

Can I just ask those who are seriously hurt why?And if they were 'invited' would it somehow fix it?We don't all gel in rl so it is bound to be similar here surely?Not looking for another barney but am surprised to see someone like custard riled by this

abouteve Tue 06-Jan-09 11:36:30

VinegarTits, want to swap jobs grin

I get the impression that some people have been deliberatley snubbed and some just forgotton and that's the gripe.

I do understand why the organisers wanted to break away.

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 11:37:46

I just want to see if they are allowed to post a link

Its very existance is secret, so the fact that they are saying its not vetoed, its not selective, its just old friends chatting, is bullshit, why make it un-googleable if thats the case

They arent even allowed to tell us the web address, what harm will it do posting a link if we cant even see the messages or get in without an invite then? whats the link?

notnowplease - have you actually read any of these threads? I know there are a lot of them, but people's feelings (including Custy's reasons) have been very well documented.

Asking for us to go through it all again is not appropriate now, not to say insensitive. Unless that was your purpose?

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 11:39:16

You can read what you want into my posts.
I'm saying that if you have a problem with some people you know on Moldies then don't tar everyopne with the same brush. If you have a problem with X or Y then it doesn't mean you have to have the same problem with a and B. That's all I meant. But take it as you will. I'm really not bothered.

And custardo - no it doesn't, I was told about the site and joined. Have chatted to a few old faces over there, it was nice. There were no terms and conditions. I haven't been on there for ages and it's only reading stuff on MN that has given me any idea about this voting thing. I've never seen anything of the sort over there. So no I don't think my "membership" makes me complicit in accepting such behaviour as I really have no understand ing from Moldies what this behaviour is, I've never come across it. I opn't apologise for joining a site to chat to some old friends that I never really get to see on MN as it's so huge on here and people get lost.

FioFio Tue 06-Jan-09 11:41:22

Message deleted

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 11:42:01

I dont have a problem with you TC, i like you, but can you tell me if you are allowed to post a link to Moldies? and if not why not? thanks.

notnow...those that really are hurt, are people that actually have had longstanding friendships (on and offline) with a lot of people that now seem to be moldie...surely it is easy to see how they would be hurt?
I mean, well, if your friends actually put you forward and than you were vetoed, than you surely would have to wonder why your friends are still willing to be at a place you, yourself aren;t good enough for....

if you friends didn't even put you forward, again...not much of a friend than...

it is not that difficult...and btw...I am not personaly affected....but I can see how people might be hurt...it is pretty straightforward and not rocket science....

LOL Fio!

I can almost garauntee that the new site will not last for more than a year or so.
A few years back I was a regular poster on a site called Popbitch. After lots of bitching and trolling-type behaviour on there some of us decided to set up our own approved members site. It caused a bit of a kerfuffle at the time because we were also preapproving members, but it was our decision and our website.
It ran very successfully for 18 months or so, but when you preapprove members you don't get a continuing influx of new blood, and old posters drop out when their personal circumstances change.
The website still exists now, but only gets a few messages a day at best.

I can't see any reason why this endeavour would be any different. I hope that's some consolation to those who feel rejected.

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 11:43:36

have only glanced over this thread admittedly and am not out to cause hurt although as I said am surprised anyone truly is that hurt and was wondering what the reasoning behind that is.from what I can see custardo is very popular

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 11:44:31

Notnow I'm not hurt now. I was initially.

Because it would have been nice to be remembered I guess; for one person I've spoken to in 7 years to have said 'Oh hey what about Peachy?'. It makes you wonder if anyone even noticed you posting.

TC that is an amazing birth pic! I look rancid in mine with ds4. And blardy dh sent it to his father straight after hmm.

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 11:44:56

Didn't realise people had been vetoed thought it was just the non invitation that was the problem.

harleyd Tue 06-Jan-09 11:45:35

tc, you shouldnt have to apologise for being on a site to talk with old mates
but i can see why others are hurt and upset, your old mates are theirs too i assume, some of them
no wonder they feel excluded

Notnow - go back and read the threads, please!

abraid Tue 06-Jan-09 11:46:14

If they (Moldies) post a link and it's a Yahoo site it might be possible for people to send requests to join to the administrators of the site.

If it IS a Yahoo group, the Moldies should be aware that Yahoo will be monitoring their members' web activity unless they opt out. There was a reminder doing the internet rounds recently. They need to disable this function on their memberships if it worries them.

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 11:46:28

will do but don't want to get sacked as they look loooooooooong

mm22bys Tue 06-Jan-09 11:47:06

I think the "gripe" is that people have been here for many, many years and have formed RL friendships with people through MN, who have since gone on to form moldies, and the former haven't been invited.

It's a bit sad (and suss) that the very people who are saying it's not a big deal, get over it (won't name them but from this thread it should be quite obvious), are members, and thus have no reason not to feel hurt, or not to feel that it's not a big deal (otherwise they wouldn't be members would they?)

It's so surprising that some people who are members just don't get why some people who arent' member (or who were deliberately snubbed) just don't seem to understand the hurt and upset.

If they did, they would have invited the others as soon as this whole thing kicked off.

(

Tortington Tue 06-Jan-09 11:48:01

i never lost my friends on mumsnet. its hardly ...Africa.

We shall have to disagree about being complicit. for, ignorance is not a defense. Now, you are not ignorant anymore but remain.

Not in any other walk of life would one be able to use that defense,

sorry i didn't know my bank funded 5 year olds to shoot eat other - but now i do - i'll stay becuase it suits me, rather than people i have little interest in.

zippitippitoes Tue 06-Jan-09 11:48:39

if it fizzles out then it will be because people havent been using it like the proverbisal; cornershop

most social relationships have cycles

i dont think people are looking at it in a what will we all be doing in future way

life just changes

best to make the most of each day rather than always worrying about tomorrow

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 11:51:09

custardo why do you care?You seem very popular here and post loads and get a great response. Maybe you wouldn't like it there!It is hurtful to be overlooked I agree but not a punishable offence!Free will and all that

harleyd Tue 06-Jan-09 11:52:08

sorry..but <snort> at its hardly africa grin

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 11:52:17

Notnow does your <space> button not work?

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 11:52:26

FWIW I've said several times I can see why it happened; don't know if i'd have thought ooh yes if I'd received an invite without stopping to think abut the non-invitees, suspect I would have joined although i'd have been sad when it kicked off.

A few moldies have said 'sorry you're hurt we didn't think'- fair enough.

It's the ones who kept posting 'get over it'IMO that caused it to get this out of hand. Plus people like to pick over stuff- and of course this thread does digress amusingly rather often.

You don't have to agree with someones feelings to accept them as genuine after all.

However quite why anyone would want to join now I am not sure: diffrent scenario.

notnow...you are definitely at it with the jcb, aren't ya....

LIZS Tue 06-Jan-09 11:52:51

abraid I don't think it is a yahoo based site.

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 11:54:49

should have read up before i posted

Peachy....funnily enough this thread has been going off on all sorts of tangents, and then someone comes along and says somehting like "get over it" and why is this still going on....lol...and poof...

quite amusing really!

notamoldieoraloon Tue 06-Jan-09 11:56:02

Oh my god, did you just compare being on another internet forum to banking with a company that finances third world wars?

have you lost ALL sense of proportion?

I doubt it is a yahoo site, too...because they don't have avators, have they....they do have poll options, though...but don't think there is a setting in which you could set up hun/royalty points options...

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 11:56:50

notamoldieoraloon, why change your name then?

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 11:56:52

Custardo - It's not Africa no, thanks for that, but it is a huge site and as I'm not on here every minute of the day I don';t hear or see some people I had a connection with when i first joined MN. However on Moldies I could 'see' and chat to them very easily. Didn't have to search them out etc. Don't think I really need to explain any more do I???

Fine - we disagrre. WEon't be the first time, or the last I'm sure. Couldn't really care what you think of me for being invited onto a site to chat to people I have met where it was easier to talk than it is on MN as it's gotten so big ojn here. I'm not defending anything. I used modies fro about 2 weeks if that, probaly have a total of 20 posts over there! If anything certain posts about this whole moldies thing on Mumsnet have made we want to post over there again!

"sorry i didn't know my bank funded 5 year olds to shoot eat other - but now i do - i'll stay becuase it suits me, rather than people i have little interest in." Yeeeesssss okay, cos that's the same thing!!!! hmm

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 11:58:38

the africa analogy is an insult and no mistake

notnow and notamoldie...are you the same...because, I am sure notnow said she was a moldie...dispite the fact that she claims not to be a namechanger, but being a complete newbie than....hmm

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 11:59:24

Custardo how can say things like 'oh it's hardly Africa' when I say MN is such a large place and I don't see certain names as much these days and then in the same post compare Moldies to banking with a company that finances third world wars?

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 11:59:34

I want to post over there too! whats the link?

abraid Tue 06-Jan-09 11:59:52

Oh--sorry: I must have misread something about Yahoo groups or I'm having dreams of parakeets telling me this was the case, or something.

Tortington Tue 06-Jan-09 12:00:14

no namechanger i didn't compare it to that

i compared it to the principle of "oh i didn't know" thats ok then.

it wouldn't fly in any other walk of life.

LIZS Tue 06-Jan-09 12:00:52

There was also a Yahoo group run by StG, now dormant.

ABudafulSightWereHappyTonight Tue 06-Jan-09 12:01:04

notnow - Custy (I think) found out that she had been nominated and voted against. So what you may think? She sppears to have been voted against by people she had met, who had been to her home, met her family, ate her food etc. That is why she is so hurt.

Tortington Tue 06-Jan-09 12:01:11

ooh TC got a bone ....run with it girl....run grin

Thomcat, isn't the reason why you don't see certain names as much anymore not due to the fact that mn is so big, but because they left to go to moldies?

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:02:28

Vinegar Tits - sorry didn't mean to ignore you. I don't actually remember what my password is so would have to ask for a reminder to get back on there so can't post a link sorry. I can assure you when I was on there it was just a lot of chatty posts, people shooting the breeze with one another like on here.

notamoldieoraloon Tue 06-Jan-09 12:02:39

It is a bit cowardly of me, morningpaper, but I'd like to be able to carry on posting on Mumsnet without someone screaming "MOLDIE" or "MOLDIE SYMPATHISER" at me every time I do. I have seen nice posters sniped at on other threads just because they have made the mistake of not agreeing with the All moldies are evil line.

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 12:03:08

Oh come on - you cant find your friends on MN, if they are such important friends why not email them? do you only come here just to chat with friends? why not use msn then

Personally i come here to converse with everyone, i'm not selective

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:03:40

I can't think why you weren't invited to Moldies

wartybosoms Tue 06-Jan-09 12:05:14

Keep going, soon the Guinness Book of Records will be interested in the longest, dullest, pettiest, most repetitive, most inane discussion ever had on the world wide web.

Sad, the lot of you.

Tortington Tue 06-Jan-09 12:05:44

is someone keeping a list? because i can't honestly see that someone has been sniped at on another thread by virtue of them being in one camp or another, i mean the people we all remember the names of, you will continue to arse lick

<wonders what i posted last night that was deleted>

Mamazon Tue 06-Jan-09 12:05:53

can someone who has me on facebook tell me who these moldies are? its driving me mad being the only one not to know

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:06:00

I do email some of those people VT, and meet up with them too. But joiniung in chatty debates online on a forum with only 200 people as oppsed to 20,000 (have no idea of exact figures) was quite nice for a bit. Lots of people I knew, liked,m got on with, had had a connection with etc all in one small place. It was nice. That's it, it was nice to chat in an uncrowded arean. I make no apologies for it.

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 12:06:19

Thanks for answering TC, any one else know the link then?

Tortington Tue 06-Jan-09 12:06:42

cheers warty, for that valuable interjection there. please feel free to exit and use the hide button.

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 12:10:07

OK TC

FWIW I don't hate Moldies

I've not asked it before but is there a reason I wasn't invited? Am I instantly forgettable I wonder? I do thik I must be at times.

But of course you can't answer that can you?

That's the srt of thing peope wonder about themselves though. Can you see that?

Now as it happens I'd not have expected you to ask as I ama ware I once made a comment that could have upset you years ago and have felt shite about that ever since) but there were a few others whom I would have thought- maybe.

Warty unless you are compelled by law toost whats the problem?

I've dippd in this thread and out of it and it is goinga round in circles but if people still need it then why not? I'm kinda glad it kept goinga s posted angrily at first and I can now post happily which should enale bridge building but most moldies just ognore me. I am, indeed, invisible.

<<cottons o that if I am invisible diet is pointless then goes off for a biccy and thanks Moldies for their strerling work wink>>

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 12:13:19

I see now why cusardo was angered if she had invited people into her home and they then did that.But that says more about them.I am not posting under 2 names but really think what you like the pettiness probably prompted the others to set up another chat room

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:13:28

Hi Peachy

I can't answer that sweets, I have no idea. I haven't asked anyone to join, didn't cross my mind. didn't really know it was an option tbh.

I think it was a matter of somepeople asking 1 or 2 people they had some sort of connection with to come over and chat. I think, I don't know. I am presumsing that's how it was becaue that's how it seemed. It wasn't like there was a list of names and you put a tick or cross against a name that's for sure.

cocolepew Tue 06-Jan-09 12:14:46

Plenty of posters were doing the "oi XXXXX msn/e mail, now!" crap, in the middle of threads. If you want to shoot the breeze, start a thread with the persons name in it and wait for them to reply. People still do this and more often than not, it's not deluged with 100's of posts because it's boring to anybody else.

peachy...I like your thinking....not that I would feel invisible because I was left out of moldies (I wouldn't have expected to be invited anyway)... but there were times I have felt invisible on mumsnet (although, fwiw....it's funny, because these threads made me realise that my old persona 3andnomore was apparently not as invisible as I thought it was....or as it seemed it was...lol)

Flamespar Tue 06-Jan-09 12:17:13

Oh thats who you are fairlady!

notnowplease Tue 06-Jan-09 12:18:02

fairlady you have just answered it there.There are many situations where people are left out in RL and online too as we see here but it is to be expected we can't all like or feel a connection with everyone.

sorry, it was me notnow, I thought you changed name to notamoldieoraloonie...just an honest mistake

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 12:19:47

Notnowplease did you get an invite to Moldies?

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 12:21:38

Thank you TC, just the acknowledgement was enough- and I am sorry about that comment [bush]- it was rash and I was in a stress and ddnt relaise at the time the link.

Anyway 3andnomore I know who you are. Not invisible at all.

Mamazon - remind me of your FB identity and you will get mail ...

lol Flamespar

Peachy....
tbh, with people tending to cry troll so easily, I actually put that I was 3andnomore into my profile...because the reason of namechange was boredom with my own id and the jinxing factor I worried about....

Mamazon Tue 06-Jan-09 12:25:23

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 12:25:50

hmm that is quite a big CLUE there Mamazon

ClarissimoUsedToBePeachy Tue 06-Jan-09 12:26:50

I did that 3andnomore then got paranoid nobody would look at th profile so am changing by stealth LOL.

Except I am still really Peachy so wonder what the pint is: I ahd this new persona all planned out.....

LOl

lol peachy

the only problem is when you change into your festive outfit and forget to transfer your profile...did that...and was shouted at for trolling...mind you, I was out of order in my post at the time, but was a bit shock at being called a troll....

???mamazon???? [thick emoticon]

oh durr...FB

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 12:31:46

durrrrrrrrr

Mamazon Tue 06-Jan-09 12:33:07

lol yeah but i can't be arsed with subtle.
everyone knows who i am anyway.

Mamazon - didn't mean you to give me your name! However, I have added you to my friends (thought you were already on there, actually!)

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:35:27

I hope you're inviting everyone on MN to be your friend and not being selective! wink grin

Mamazon Tue 06-Jan-09 12:35:30

well i was gonna say i have pics on profile but i think MNHQ have taken them off as i was scaring the trolls.

will have to add some more when i find a decent one.

morningpaper, are you being pedantic agin...was my durr, wrong grin...not enough rrrrrrrrrrr's

Mamazon Tue 06-Jan-09 12:36:28

TC! like i would.

everyone's invited. i do not guarentee i will remember who you are but you will be accepted

I have invited loads of MNetters to be my friend on FB and now have no bloody clue who any of them are!

I have no intention of being exclusive. I am a FB tart and will have anyone.

oh lol....mamazon....I just looked at your profile....to make sure scary pictures were truely removed grin...and it made me giggle....like your choice of literiture grin

stillstanding Tue 06-Jan-09 12:40:29

Custy, do you know that it was your friends who you knew in RL that vetoed you or was it perhaps someone else in moldies?

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:42:13

Ahh see, I only accept people I know on FB. I have to have met them or have know them well enough to know their MN name without having to think abou it. I once accepted someone I didn't really know and saw their status updates and wall activity every day and kept thinking who the hell is this person? So now only accept people who I know well or are proper RL friends.

So am selective on FB and a moldie (even if only used it for a week ages ago).
How to make friends aye!!!
Ahhhhh, shall I get my coat?? smile

Yes, I was a bit worried as to whether I'd got the right one!

stillstanding...what difference would it make? I mean, if you truely thought of someone as a friend and put them forward and they are vetoed...if you were a true friend would you than not say, ah, well, stick it than?

Mamazon Tue 06-Jan-09 12:44:51

im on the main MN facebook page if that narrows it down.

who else do youhave on Fb? im on a few peoples pages

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:47:12

I have no idea and it's just a guess, but maybe, possibly a Moldie memebr wanted someone from MN to join Moldies and maybe someone else who had had run ins with this person said do you mind if we don't invite said person???? So it was left. ???????? No idea. Seems more likely than some voting system which I have never come across.

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:48:15

My last pos was no 666 - hmm

But there was a voting system, TC - even if you didn't see it. There were polls in place. Aitch told us about it.

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:49:12

Oh was there? Oh ok, sorry, I didn't know that.

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 12:49:49

Polls??? LOL! Sounds intruiging. Will have to go back and see now!

soapbox Tue 06-Jan-09 12:50:57

The polls only lasted a day TC - right at the very beginning.

thedongwiththeluminousnose Tue 06-Jan-09 12:52:57

You know moldies is still in its infancy. Finding the best way to do things, the only thing we're sure of is we want to stay small.

Some of you who are wondering why you weren't invited, the answer is simple, you hadn't been invited YET. There was every intention to invite more people and quite often the cry was heard 'omg we forgot xxxx!' No ulterior motives, no nasty reasons, just temporary memory loss grin

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 12:53:45

So if the polls have stopped, how do they decide who gets in now? whats the link so i can join? or are invites still vetoed?

lol at TC posting post 666....grin

soapbox Tue 06-Jan-09 12:54:44

No one is being invited at the moment.

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 12:57:08

ok fine, you can still give us the link though? whats the harm in that?

wannaBe Tue 06-Jan-09 12:57:11

"if you truely thought of someone as a friend and put them forward and they are vetoed...if you were
a true friend would you than not say, ah, well, stick it than?" doesn't that imply then that you will only be friends with people who like all your other friends and you only expect people to be friends with you if you like all of their friends?

Life just doesn't work like that does it?

Have no unknowns on facebook, I seem to have a bloody lot of them on msn though! grin

2shoes Tue 06-Jan-09 12:57:54

mamazon I have reported your post

soapbox Tue 06-Jan-09 12:58:44

Why on earth would I want to give you a link [bizzare emotion]

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 13:02:27

You can give the link so people can see for themselves where it is and apply for a membership once you decide to let people in again

But your not allowed to give the link are you, why is the location such a big secret?

soapbox Tue 06-Jan-09 13:04:24

Well it isn't so much 'not allowed' as 'don't want to'. There isn't anyone in the centre of all of this saying 'DON'T GIVE OUT A LINK TO THE SITE'!

You can only apply for membership if you are invited to do so.

harleyd Tue 06-Jan-09 13:04:26

vt..i think mi5 security would be easier to crack than this

pagwatch Tue 06-Jan-09 13:04:46

The location is secret because it is in a disused underground station near the Embankment.

Oh no. That is James Bond isn't it.

I am in a bit of a muddle today. Sorry

wannabe....I don't ecpect all my friends to like eachother....well...most of my friends don't even know eachother....however if several of my friends who know eachother set out somewhere else, and not really caring if I was there, too...I think I would take that personal, tbh....how could you not....[puzzled emoticon]

lol pagwatch....moldies seems more fightclub than Bondstyle grin

wannaBe Tue 06-Jan-09 13:08:22

given the amount of vitriol that has been posted towards moldies over the past two weeks or so, do people really expect that they'll be wanted over there anyway?

the people posting that they want a link and want to apply to join aren't upset that moldies exists, they're upset that they're not well enough thought of to be considered to be invited. You can't have it both ways.

Either people don't like the concept of moldies, or they completely understand the concept and want to know whether they can receive an invite.

which is it then?

VinegarTits Tue 06-Jan-09 13:09:32

So you dont want to give the link out, and you can only apply for membership if you are invited right?

So, how do you lot over there decide who gets an invite? huh?

I don't want a link, and no I don't want to be a moldie, neither, tbh...by what I have herd on here about it, it is a dark place to belong too grin

tiredemma Tue 06-Jan-09 13:10:56

By THOMCAT "Ahh see, I only accept people I know on FB. I have to have met them or have know them well enough to know their MN name without having to think abou it. I once accepted someone I didn't really know and saw their status updates and wall activity every day and kept thinking who the hell is this person? So now only accept people who I know well or are proper RL friends."

I think that one person was me!! wink

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 13:11:01

But if someone arranged a big girls night out and X wanted to invite Y and the person who arranged the night out really didn't get on with Y would it not be ok for her to ask her not to invite her.

Can you make head or tail of that sentence?

Too many hers aye.

But if I arranged a big girls night out and Sheila wanted to invite Caroline and I really didn't get on with Caroline would it not be ok for me to ask Sheila to not invite her?

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 13:11:04

I think people who want a link and want to ask to apply just want reassurance that it IS as harmless as people are saying i.e. why can't they ask to join, if they are well known and liked and are being told that most non-invites were over-sights?? It does seem baffling.

I could post the link but it is just a box that says USERNAME and PASSWORD. I would do it to reassure people but I don't know why the Moldies aren't doing so? It's harmless enough to do so isn't it? I'm a bit baffled by it TBH

foxytocin Tue 06-Jan-09 13:11:53

is it really true that there is/was a banner at the top of all pages saying 'this is not narnia' or words to that effect?

that was the most surreal part of this saga bunfight for me.

Thomcat Tue 06-Jan-09 13:13:00

Tiredemma - have you asked to be my friend on FB? Really? This person is still on my FB acct but I have no idea who they are in RL or on MN! Is that you then? Really? Odd cos I know you quite well on here, we've chatted quite a lot actually. hmm

Lizzylou Tue 06-Jan-09 13:13:14

Ummm, TC, those are the names of me and my mate!
Why did she not want to invite me?????
What has she said about me? <<evil stare>>

morningpaper Tue 06-Jan-09 13:13:20

posting the link to moldies would be like posting this

pagwatch Tue 06-Jan-09 13:13:57

Can I just raise my hand ( on behalf of many people who are neither for or anti in this mellee) and say that actually I don't want a link.
But if anyone has any chocolates left over from christmas I am feeling a little peckish.

Fairylady
Fightclub would mean that they are all one person shock