If you (still) feel the need to discuss Moldies, please do it here so folks can hide this if they want to.

(2586 Posts)
LittleDonkeyCarrieMaryMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-08 12:47:38

Well hopefully the title says it all. There's been a suggestion, and we agree, that as we did with Baby P and the Mc Canns we just have one thread where anyone who feels they still have anything to add on this subject can post and those who'd rather move on can hide it away.

It feels strange to put this thread in site stuff as we are definitely not wanting to encourage further discussion of Moldies (we have presents to wrap too you know grin) but we weren't sure where else to put it.

We will delete any new Moldies threads that are started, so please feel free to report them in case we miss any (what with wrapping the presents and all...)

And if you do want to carry on the discussion please remember that Mumsnet's here to make everyone's lives easier and not the reverse, and that Christmas is a time of goodwill to all mumsnetters past, present and future
<< turns off rousing music and jumps off soapbox >>

Thanks,
MNHQ

controlfreaky, I think your reaction is quite normal and understandable, tbh!

Rhubarb....no idea how we got onto the topic of your haemoroids (sp?) ...but I feel for you...poor thing....hope you get it sorted.

and I am shock by having been described as a prolific poster....me....wow....I never knew, you know....

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Wed 31-Dec-08 11:30:36

That's quite enough for one thread thank you. If you still want to discuss this, try here.

VeniVidiVickiQV Wed 31-Dec-08 11:07:23

controlfreaky - that's entirely your right and prerogative to do so. And entirely understandable. But, that wont stop moldies from posting here, and, responding in the manner they normally would. If you choose to ignore, that's fine, but I certainly wont be rising to comments such as "are you bored", because I really dont want any more aggro on here (cant speak for anyone else but I'm sure they feel the same). I hope that's also okay.

StealthPoHoHoHo Wed 31-Dec-08 10:55:37

I do agree controlfreaky
but am struggling - these were people I liked and trusted, and as individuals I still do...

Tiggiwinkle Wed 31-Dec-08 10:49:10

But I agree with you controlfreaky...and I am sure others do too.

The whole moldies thing was based on lies (if only by omission) and deception as far as I can see. And I personally find it hard to forgive...because trust, once lost, is very hard to find. How can you trust people who have been deliberately deceptive?

controlfreakyhohohohohohoho Wed 31-Dec-08 10:40:51

ok. enough already with the botom problems....
hope your grape is less ouchy rhubarb... and hope even more you havent resorted to arsedoctors diy techniques.....

was going to post on mamag's thread re fitting in but didnt want to piss off mnhq so thought here was better.....

i have the self awareness to know and acknowledge that i am not good at forgiveness / moving on / getting over stuff....

i was / am cross and upset re whole sorry mouldies business and think some of the smug self justifying crap they posted on here to justify themselves was profoundly irritating and provoking.....

and here's the thing.... i dont want to say hi / be friendly / pretend it's all forgotten now etc when one of the mouldies who couldnt resist outing themselves on here deigns to pop back and put their less eclusive mn hat on and pick up where they left off.

i know there's a general move for truth and reconciliation... i'm sure that is very grown up..... but wanted to say i'm not feeling it myself. don't expect anyone to agree with me but wanted to say that's how i feel....

Oh thanks for linking that thread - I read it when I was lurking and it is just the funniest thing - in fact I've just bumped it so others can have the pleasure - but rhubarb - GO TO THE DOCTORS - you know it makes sense.

Rhubarb Tue 30-Dec-08 22:59:47

grin

NotanOtter Tue 30-Dec-08 22:52:47

rhubarb - i think i wondered at the time if you were the author of said thread ! blush

BumpermightsuetheSindie Tue 30-Dec-08 22:52:09

Oooh, I have a skin tag there too. Should we start our own forum? Taggies? Notreallypiles?

Rhubarb Tue 30-Dec-08 22:46:59

<wonders if she ought to give it a go>

groan Tue 30-Dec-08 22:28:41

Brilliant Rusty and I bow down to AmateurArse!

was the OP's identity ever established?

I have just read that thread through. At one point someone suggested I might be AmateurArseDoctor - errr, no chance folks! I can't get my legs behind my head for starters!

NotanOtter Tue 30-Dec-08 22:11:24

lol well done RUSTY!

RustyBear Tue 30-Dec-08 22:02:36
NotanOtter Tue 30-Dec-08 21:58:39

ooh yes!! who is fab at finding old threads?

groan Tue 30-Dec-08 21:50:51

nooooooo

NotanOtter Tue 30-Dec-08 21:45:07

remember the thread by the mumsnetter who 'self operated' on hers!!?

I think maybe they can use Botox on them now? Might have imagined that - but would that prospect tempt you? Of course your bum won't be able to smile or frown anymore but stil....

Perhaps he could do an exorcism while he is there?

Swedes, did you watch the Enigma of Kaspar Hauser? What did you think? I am very fond of this film.

Rhubarb, hope you are OK with your almost festive but rather nasty medical problem.

Bless me father and bless my bum.

Rhubarb Tue 30-Dec-08 21:13:27

Well there you go, the power of prayer cured dh of his and Lourdes cured you of yours!

I'm getting a priest to bless mine right away!

lovecat Tue 30-Dec-08 20:59:05

If it helps, Rhubs, I went to the docs with mine (prolonged & explosive d&v from a Tunisian hol were the cause of mine) and was told that banding is not the done thing these days, was given suppositories and sent away.

Suppositories did nowt - sad to admit it was only when I sprinkled them with a bit of Lourdes water blush that they went away... d'you know anyone who's been to Lourdes recently?

This thread is not accepting new messages.