If you (still) feel the need to discuss Moldies, please do it here so folks can hide this if they want to.

(2586 Posts)
LittleDonkeyCarrieMaryMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-08 12:47:38

Well hopefully the title says it all. There's been a suggestion, and we agree, that as we did with Baby P and the Mc Canns we just have one thread where anyone who feels they still have anything to add on this subject can post and those who'd rather move on can hide it away.

It feels strange to put this thread in site stuff as we are definitely not wanting to encourage further discussion of Moldies (we have presents to wrap too you know grin) but we weren't sure where else to put it.

We will delete any new Moldies threads that are started, so please feel free to report them in case we miss any (what with wrapping the presents and all...)

And if you do want to carry on the discussion please remember that Mumsnet's here to make everyone's lives easier and not the reverse, and that Christmas is a time of goodwill to all mumsnetters past, present and future
<< turns off rousing music and jumps off soapbox >>

Thanks,
MNHQ

VinegarTitsTheSeasonToBeJolly Tue 23-Dec-08 13:15:54

MOLDIES = Mumsnet Ordinary Ladies In Elite Self-righteous groups

Tortington Tue 23-Dec-08 13:37:42

bit pants the other threads are being deleted - there is no point of reference.

Tortington Tue 23-Dec-08 13:39:11

MOLDIES= mediocre old loons do ill-advised elitism shit

YetMoreTech (MNHQ) Tue 23-Dec-08 13:44:37

Who said the old threads were being deleted?

omne has - i clickedon it and it had gone

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 23-Dec-08 13:45:50

<<<<<<<<holds hand up and says she asked if they were as she was worried that her moment of glory of being the last to post on a full thread was going to disappear........well quicker than it would have anyhow as it's in Chat grin>>>>>>>>>>>>>

VinegarTitsTheSeasonToBeJolly Tue 23-Dec-08 13:46:34

I thought it was just any new Moldie threads that get created from now, that get deleted

morningpaper Tue 23-Dec-08 13:48:06

it will just be new threads surely

otherwise rumour mill will start all over again ad infinitum

Nope - looks like they're all gone.

This is like a scab....I want to ignore it but I can't.

I lie, the 1000+is still there

pooka Tue 23-Dec-08 13:50:20

WHy have the old ones gone, given that they had by now reached capacity. They could have just sat there in chat for the next 90 days and would not have stlill been in active convos?

morningpaper Tue 23-Dec-08 13:50:24

I think they are all there

perhaps they should be moved to classics?

<runs away>

pooka Tue 23-Dec-08 13:50:43

Oh -should have checked blush

Tortington Tue 23-Dec-08 13:51:09

pmsl MP

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 23-Dec-08 13:51:27

oooo WWW you got me all worried there grin - but you're right the 1000+ one (or at least one of them - didn't check the other) is still there

You know MP, some day, maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, Moldiegate (or prawngate?) will be remembered like Red Rug....

VinegarTitsTheSeasonToBeJolly Tue 23-Dec-08 13:51:57

This one still here

grin MP

morningpaper Tue 23-Dec-08 13:52:02

you are right www

Always am MP wink

morningpaper Tue 23-Dec-08 13:53:38

now tell me, is it REALLY bad to have millions of plug extensions plugged into millions of other plug extensions? because I can't make my house look like brighton prom without serious towers of sockets

mediocrebronze Tue 23-Dec-08 13:54:16

Agree with the Waffling Lady. Have to say its been one of the first times I've felt included

TinyTimLivesinVictorianSqualor Tue 23-Dec-08 13:54:50

Yes mp.
Are they safety extensions?

compo Tue 23-Dec-08 13:54:56

does anyone know where WigWamBam is? haven't seen her in ages...

goldFAQinsenceandmyrrh Tue 23-Dec-08 13:54:59

MP - I've done that on numerous occasions, not for the Christmas lights, but permanently have that set-up around my computer desk to get CD player, printer, monitor, computer etc permanently plugged in, and have space to put hairdryer and hoover in when needed grin

House hasn't blown up yet wink

morningpaper Tue 23-Dec-08 13:55:58

"safety entensions" not really

I've not literally wired them into a lamp or anything though

I can't SMELL burning

This thread is not accepting new messages.