Customised Talk - a long overdue sticky to explain what the heck is going on!

(169 Posts)
JustscreamMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 26-Oct-07 12:16:25

Dear Mumsnetters,

We have made a few enhancements to our humble offering, which will allow you to customise Mumsnet Talk and (God willing) get it just the way you like it by using the Active conversations links at the top of Talk pages. You can choose to read threads in different order, how many posts appear on your page (if you limit the posts per page it can make the page load more quickly), fiddle with the colours, choose how many posts in active conversations, select how many days your threads I'm watching lasts for, plus you can opt to ignore specific posts or topics willy nilly. Oh and there's a moonwatch too.

Our default look is slightly changed from old Mumsnet (or Mumsnet classic as we like to call it) but before anyone starts panicking, there is a Mumsnet Classic button just a click away for all you conservative, dyed in the wool MNetters who like it like it is and can't think why we wanted to mess with it anyway. (ie A "Change it back!" option, which given bitter experience we thought we'd introduce at the same time as change wink)

So do have a fiddle (ideally for at least ten minutes before you start wailing "Who, what, why, when") and if you have any problems/ishoos/suggestions then please do post them here and we promise to look at them.

Hope you like it - if you do - twas my idea - if you hate it look no further than the shed.

ps plse can you fill in our survey grin

colditz Fri 02-Nov-07 23:01:40

where has the ignore thread button gone? I l;ike thatb button.

harman Fri 02-Nov-07 21:41:06

Message withdrawn

MargosBeenPuttingSpellsOnMN Fri 02-Nov-07 21:39:57

Thanks Justine! My active conversations look much better now!

aaaarghhelp Fri 02-Nov-07 21:08:43

Why can't i start a new threa in the pregnancy topic???

MrsWeasley Fri 02-Nov-07 17:51:50

MNHQ : I am not a happy witch : look I've lost my hat

sparklyjen Fri 02-Nov-07 17:08:18

why hasn't mine changed??

Celia2 Fri 02-Nov-07 17:07:13

I've reset myignore options but the topics I ant to ignore are all still there if I go into last 15 minutes option. What have I missed? Thanks and sorry if it is totally obvious!!!

I'm finding that some of the topics I have ignored eg. For Sale, are still appearing in active conversations. It shows in my ignore section as being ignored but quite frequently there are for sale threads showing. Am I doing something wrong ? Many thanks.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 01-Nov-07 20:51:41

You can Margo, you can - just go to this page

MargosBeenPuttingSpellsOnMN Thu 01-Nov-07 20:27:15

I would like to ignore whole topics

welliemum Thu 01-Nov-07 19:40:48

Teeeeeeeeccccchhhhhh

I still can't ignore threads sad

katierocket Thu 01-Nov-07 12:44:42

Ah - thank you HRH mumsnet for the 'mumsnet classic' option.

JustscreamMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 01-Nov-07 08:32:06

Yes, sorry about that Hunker - was a lovely idea and all but think Tech my have lynched me [hgrin]

BecauseImWereWolfit Wed 31-Oct-07 17:25:06

I miss the ducks!

Perhaps we should be able to customise our sticky pins as well? Surely an easy task for Tech? grin

HunkOLantern Wed 31-Oct-07 14:59:03

I like them, but I'd have preferred a pumpkin. And then a firework tomorrow. Tech's got time on his hands now, surely? wink grin <scarpers>

sKerryMum Wed 31-Oct-07 14:51:03

MNTowers - The stickies look WAY better now. Good one!

jabberwocky Tue 30-Oct-07 03:12:48

I just got back from vacation and I think this is a really great change. I have kept a lot of MN Classic but I love having the ability to ignore a thread and customize active convos.

QuootieSpookypie Mon 29-Oct-07 23:01:49

Dino... you can customise it so you don't have pages... I have 100 active convos and the threads how they used to be, in one long thread.

Dinosaur Mon 29-Oct-07 22:31:02

I hate not being able to find all the posts on a thread that goes onto more than one page. I have tried clicking the arrows backwards and forwards but I still can't really figure it out sad.

QuootieSpookypie Mon 29-Oct-07 17:03:01

Got it! grin

QuootieSpookypie Mon 29-Oct-07 16:57:55

Sorry if this has been asked - how do I get rid of buying/selling now?

TheDullWitch Mon 29-Oct-07 16:44:06

Oh duh, I just saw it, sorry for being fick.xx

TheDullWitch Mon 29-Oct-07 16:43:17

but Dinosaur, that only explains how to ignore a thread, i want to ignore a topic.

Dinosaur Mon 29-Oct-07 16:35:21

Go to Customise Active Conversations, DullWitch.

TheDullWitch Mon 29-Oct-07 16:33:16

How do I ignore certain topics, like Buying and Selling?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now