Gina Ford

(215 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 09-May-07 09:24:45

Dear all,

We're pleased to say we have finally reached a settlement with Gina Ford (see here ). Just so you know, we are not at liberty to discuss the terms of settlement further so we won't be able to respond to any questions about that. We are confident, though, that we can all now draw a line under the affair and can move on.

We will continue to lobby hard for a review of the libel laws in this country with regard to websites, as we believe they haven't caught up with the way folks communicate on the net. We'll keep you posted on that.

Thank you everyone for your fabulous support in what's been an anxious time for us at MN Towers.

Best,
MNHQ

CorrieDale Thu 10-May-07 20:34:45

Great news. It's a bugger about the costs though. And about the lifting of the ban in a way! All that non-publicity....

Bibis Thu 10-May-07 23:06:39

What a shame that the comments on the Daily Telegraph article from mumsnetters are so basic and the comments from the pro contented babyers are so articulate, it doesn't enhance Mumsnet's reputation at all to have comments like this or not so much the comments as the poster's name

"Mumsnet is THE best for parenting advice - if you need help raising your children, who better to ask than thousands of other mums who've actually been there?
Posted by Gina Volvo on May 10, 2007 6:53 PM"

or this

"Musmnet is keeping me sane!

Posted by Gina Vauxhall on May 10, 2007 12:39 PM"

telegraph link

mumsnet is deff brill
lol

MrsSpoon Thu 10-May-07 23:14:46

Glad that this is finally sorted out!

I am still all for the ban.

Califrau Thu 10-May-07 23:21:40

lest we forget, without this debarcle,my fanjo would have remained in anonymity.

skinnymawhinny Fri 11-May-07 00:01:00

Congrats from BMC too

Soo glad for you that's it's all over, and best of luck for the legal challengey lobbying thing

peacemama Fri 11-May-07 04:04:22

I love mumsnet - thank you and well done! This gives me warm fuzzys...

prettybird Fri 11-May-07 10:50:58

Feature in today's Herald about Mumsnet and Gina Ford "Baby steps: the great parenting debate that’s dividing the nation"

Manictigger Fri 11-May-07 11:08:30

Oooh manictreecreature, I love your name. I briefly considered manicpeashooter but wasn't sure if I'd remember to spell it correctly every time (didn't know about saving details in those days) Are you a fan? Do you like the new album?

sorry everybody for hijack *runs back to aibu topic*

Highlander Fri 11-May-07 15:12:23

are we allowed to say what we like about her? Ooh, the gleefull anticipation

So she's gone from SWMNBN to SWMNBM (she who must not be maligned)

SherlockLGJ Mon 14-May-07 11:17:00

I was in Dublin for a funeral and missed this. Jolly Well done.

Oblomov Tue 05-Jun-07 13:39:28

So glad this is over.
Have the posters who were on the so called 'offending thread' been contacted by Mumsnett Towers, just to ask them to be careful in the future? I think we can all get carried away with our comments. I am not suggesting that this 'ordeal' has been good for Mumsnett, in any way, but we don't want to get ourselves in this kind of situation again, do we ?

Rochwen Sat 23-Jun-07 23:23:42

I'm glad this is all over now.

Well done, everyone.

JayneF Thu 21-Aug-08 21:30:54

Did I miss something? I just wanted practical advice on anyone doing GF Potty Training in a Week....will I be excommunicated?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now