posts appearing on google?! PLEASE HELP!

(9 Posts)
Laurabeth2485 Tue 29-Nov-16 20:12:44

Hi, please help! I have changed my user name just now, under my old username I started some threads on here regarding domestic violence and I had some lovely people help me, now my abuser ex knows my user name as its also the same as my snapchat ID, and he has seen the post! I need it deleting from Google ASAP! mumsnet please take this off! how do I do it? I have hidden the threads

Soubriquet Tue 29-Nov-16 20:14:45

I don't think mn can control what Google do

usual Tue 29-Nov-16 20:15:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

usual Tue 29-Nov-16 20:16:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

NotTheOriginalGreen Tue 29-Nov-16 20:16:05

I think mnhq can delete your posting history. I've reported your thread in the hopes that MN will come and take a look

Hope you're safe and ok flowers

charlestrenet Tue 29-Nov-16 20:17:02

Ask mn to delete the threads?

Soubriquet Tue 29-Nov-16 20:17:19

Can't they sometimes be seen still through archives?

Or something like that?

I'm sure ive seen posts that have been deleted from mn, but still visible from google achives

QueenMortificado Tue 29-Nov-16 20:18:42

You can delete the thread but Google will basically store some of the old information and preview it

When you click on the link though it will still say "message withdrawn" or similar if MNHQ delete all messages

Hope you get it sorted OP flowers

ToniMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 29-Nov-16 20:19:57

Hi Laurabeth2485
Can you report the posts you need to be removed to us and we will remove them.
However, posts that we have deleted/updated on the Mumsnet site will still show on Google until its search engine has trawled through the new data. This takes between three and five days and it is, unfortunately, something we have no control over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now