Where has the sidebar gone?

(13 Posts)
MaddyHatter Mon 21-Nov-16 09:50:33

The one that used to scroll down the page with you and had 'i'm on' and so on on it?

Its disappeared completely.

NickNacks Mon 21-Nov-16 09:57:07

Are you on the mobile site? Click on the little person in top right corner and then 'turn shortcuts on' (or whatever it says similar.

Seeline Mon 21-Nov-16 09:57:23

I was just going to start a thread about the same thing!

I have no interest in the social media stuff, but I want the active and TIO buttons back. We fought so hard for them in the first place!!

Seeline Mon 21-Nov-16 09:58:12

I'm on the desktop version via my PC. Some of us still live in the 20th century grin

MaddyHatter Mon 21-Nov-16 10:28:20

i dont MN on my mobile devices, i can't stand it on mobile.

Laptop all the way here.. i need my Active/TIO buttons.. i have 100 posts per page, scrolling back to the bloody top all the time is a PITA!

Seeline Tue 22-Nov-16 08:42:13

Everybody else got the side bar still?
Have got the right boxes ticked in Customise, but it won't come back.

AllMyBestFriendsAreMetalheads Tue 22-Nov-16 09:27:34

I was wondering this too. I've got it selected right in customise but nothing.

However I still have the old viewport slidey top bar selected and that was taken away ages ago.

I don't want the social media buttons, I just want a quick way to get to Active, TIO and TIW.

I always use the desktop version on my laptop, I'd never sleep if I used MN on my phone!

Seeline Tue 22-Nov-16 09:30:03

I thought it was because there are so many of these wrap-around-the -desktop adverts now, but even when it is a less intrusive ad, it has still vanished.

Abzs Tue 22-Nov-16 13:34:34

I want it back too. Scrolling to the top or bottom to find the active/tio buttons is just annoying.

Actually even more annoying (but only just) than the annoying wrap around in your face adverts down each side. For which, I presume, the side bar has been sacrificed.

LornaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 23-Nov-16 09:14:43

Hi all,

The sidebar has disappeared for a short time.

We're repositioning it so it doesn't collide with ADS that may appear on some of the pages.

Should be back soon, sorry for the inconvenience flowers

Seeline Thu 24-Nov-16 08:22:11

Thanks Lorna - don't care about the social media stuff, but the endless scrolling through threads is painful - especially when the countless ads have to keep reloading. Makes MN unusable at times sad
We could always go back to the floaty bar at the top [hopeful]

nemno Thu 24-Nov-16 13:30:01

I came here to see if I was the only one, glad it will be back. But as Seeline says; the floaty bar at the top would be even better great. (also hopeful)

Seeline Mon 28-Nov-16 08:11:39

I've just noticed that you've hidden the social media buttons back on the page (all in purple so that they don't stick out at all), but there is no return of the floating active/TIO buttons.
Please put them back - I am so fed up of scrolling through pages which takes hours as the ads have to reload each time......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now