Cant get password reminder

(14 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Themanfrommancc Sun 20-Nov-16 17:21:09

I have been a long standing member of mumnset,went away for a while,came back on a different pc,couldnt remember my pw so tried the reminder routine but got nothing back. Emailed the contact email and again got no reply. I have had to create a new temp profile..what more can i do to try and recover my old profile? thanks all.

IEatCannibals Sun 20-Nov-16 17:23:44

Sounds like what happens if you've been banned. Apparantly mnhq don't respond to emails about password resets if you've been banned.

YoScienceBitch Sun 20-Nov-16 17:24:06

Think you've been banned mate

Soubriquet Sun 20-Nov-16 17:28:05

Yep. Suspended account. Either temporary or permanent

Your password reset won't be sent to you with a suspended account

PurpleDaisies Sun 20-Nov-16 17:31:45

This happened to me the other day-apparently I'd been banned but no one could figure out why and my account was reinstated. Embarrassingly I'd posted on several threads that it was just a technical issue but as it turned out I was actually banned.

There seem to be a few similar stories of people being treated like this just lately. I wonder if there's a ban-happy new member of staff.

Soubriquet Sun 20-Nov-16 17:34:24

Purple grin sorry I shouldn't laugh but you did seem to be so confident it was a technical glitch.

Didn't realise you had actually been suspended

PurpleDaisies Sun 20-Nov-16 17:38:32

I didn't! I emailed MNHQ to say I was stuck out and no one mentioned the fact that I'd actually been banned when they sorted it out for me. It was only when I saw the thread about wannabe that I thought I'd email and make sure... they then said I had been banned but couldn't see anything in my posting to justify it so reinstated me. I've no idea what happened-I'm not normally very confrontational or controversial.

I do feel a bit like one of the cool kids now. grin

Soubriquet Sun 20-Nov-16 17:41:09

One of us, one of us grin

Themanfrommancc Sun 20-Nov-16 17:45:56

Well i dont remember doing anything wrong. Surely they should signal if you are banned and explain why? I think i might just be using the wrong email address to trigger the reminder?

Soubriquet Sun 20-Nov-16 17:46:49

Hopefully mnhq will come and explain soon

PurpleDaisies Sun 20-Nov-16 17:54:04

Surely they should signal if you are banned and explain why?

There's a whole thread about that. grin. FWIW I agree with you.

Hopefully you've just got the wrong email address but I'm not sure they'll give you the email associated with a username. I'm sure that would be a breach of privacy.

Themanfrommancc Sun 20-Nov-16 18:30:03

Maybe the reset routine just isnt working at their end? hopefully i can resolve it..

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 20-Nov-16 21:31:50

Hello!
Did you mail contactus@mumsnet.com?

Please do mail us, we do get back to all mails, just not all reports.

Themanfrommancc Mon 21-Nov-16 07:42:40

Hi Rebecca, yes i did but received no response,,,i shall try again..for info my original profile name was TheManfrommanc

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now