How do I find Bookmarked theads?

(16 Posts)
UrethaFranklin Tue 15-Nov-16 16:39:19

Apologies for being thick but I bookmarked an interesting post the other day. How on earth do I find it again?

cozietoesie Tue 15-Nov-16 18:06:39

It can only be done by memory, I think. wink 'Bookmarking' is just a way of indicating a spot in a thread - most people use it, I guess, to show where they've read up to? You can't search on it.

If you posted on the thread before bookmarking, you could narrow it down by looking at TIO. (Threads I'm on.) Otherwise ........try to remember the topic, board or poster and go looking. Advanced search might help you there.

fruitbats Tue 15-Nov-16 18:09:18

As said, bookmark only remembers where you are on a page. If you want to keep the thread you need to post on it or click on 'watch this thread'

Mummylin Tue 15-Nov-16 18:09:53

Try looking in your history pages, you may recognise the title of the thread.

UrethaFranklin Tue 15-Nov-16 18:48:59

Doh! I wish I had known that, I would have made more effort to remember the title of the thread!

Anyway, that begs another question then. If I read a thread that gets very long so say I bookmark a post on page 7 and it gets to 20 pages, how do I go to the bookmarked point so I don't have to re-read posts I've already read? If that makes sense!

UrethaFranklin Tue 15-Nov-16 18:49:11

Oh, and thanks for the replies!!

cozietoesie Tue 15-Nov-16 18:51:00

A 'bookmark' on a post will zoom you straight to that post - so it would take you straight to P 7 when you opened the thread. smile

SuperRainbows Tue 15-Nov-16 18:53:59

I was wondering how to watch a thread, so I can join in when I have more time. Would really appreciate enlightenment!

cozietoesie Tue 15-Nov-16 18:56:08

Do you use the app, Super, or the desktop or mobile sites?

UrethaFranklin Tue 15-Nov-16 19:10:18

Thanks everyone, I've just found the thread again so have clicked watch this thread, hopefully that means I can find it easily tomorrow when I will need it!

UrethaFranklin Tue 15-Nov-16 19:11:38

And thanks for expaining bookmarks cozie, plenty of times I have scrolled through 5 or 6 pages to find exactly where I left off before 300 more posts were added blush

cozietoesie Tue 15-Nov-16 19:15:03

You'll likely still find yourself hitting the 'Show older posts' I fear - prior to the bookmark - just to refresh your memory a little. 5 or 6 posts worth usually does it. smile

cozietoesie Tue 15-Nov-16 19:16:29

Sorry - that's on the app. blush

fruitbats Tue 15-Nov-16 19:46:08

Super below the last post on each thread is a choice of options. Click the one that says 'watch this thread'. Next time you want to look at it - at the top of the page, below the word TALK is a link to 'threads I'm watching'. Click on that. Just be aware that if the threads gets deleted it will disappear from your watched thread without a trace.

UnGoogleable Wed 16-Nov-16 00:43:56

The Watch Thread and Bookmark function just doesn't work well enough - if it did, it would save all the thousands of posters just marking their place on threads....

marcopront Wed 16-Nov-16 14:19:39

UnGoogable.

What do you think is the problem with them? I have no problem with either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now