Deleted to protect privacy- seriously?!

(54 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 07-Nov-16 20:51:51

The tongue piercing thread, nothing on there that revealed the poster's true identify whatsoever yet it was deleted to protect privacy.

Can we just email HQ and ask for threads to be deleted now if people aren't agreeing with us?

PoldarksBreeches Mon 07-Nov-16 20:52:59

Basically yeah

Maudlinmaud Mon 07-Nov-16 20:53:17

This again!!!!! I went to read updates and its gone confused

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 07-Nov-16 20:54:45

I hoiked my piercer pants on that thread. If I'd known MNHQ would indulge the OP by deleting it, I wouldn't have bothered!

AnnieOnAMapleLeaf Mon 07-Nov-16 20:55:04

I was just about to start a thread about this. There was nothing that the OP posted that was identifying so there was no need to protect her privacy. She only asked for it to be deleted because she was told in no uncertain terms that she was being unreasonable. I cannot believe it was deleted - so disappointed.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 07-Nov-16 20:55:12

YY. Why can't MNHQ just be honest and say "thread deleted because OP didnt agree with the responses and had a tantrum"

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 07-Nov-16 20:56:31

Why can't MNHQ just be honest and say "thread deleted because OP didnt agree with the responses and had a tantrum"

Quite!

Waltermittythesequel Mon 07-Nov-16 20:56:53

They're going to come on and tell you that this time they made an error and they'll be more careful in future.

Because that's what they've been saying for ages.

Instead of just saying that they delete threads at a poster's request!

Maudlinmaud Mon 07-Nov-16 20:57:03

I had my doubts about the op anyway but still.

gunting Mon 07-Nov-16 20:57:19

I think if posters are going to waste time by creating threads and having a tantrum when it doesn't go their way then they should be banned or made inactive for a week or so.

BubbleGumBubble Mon 07-Nov-16 20:57:49

I agree OP.

MNHQ why not just say "Thread deleted because the OP threw a strop"

You insult our intelligence with this privacy bollocks. angry

HunterHearstHelmsley Mon 07-Nov-16 20:58:10

It's ridiculous pandering.

Pestilence13610 Mon 07-Nov-16 20:58:39

Maybe it was deleted because NHS cuts have been so harsh that there is indeed only one nurse in the country who has a twelve yo DD.
hmm

woowoowoo Mon 07-Nov-16 20:58:41

I have just started this very same thread in site stuff!

I am so annoyed and disappointed that MNHQ pulled this thread just because the OP realised she was BU.

There was nothing in the thread that invaded the OP's privacy.

That thread should have stood as it contained a lot of important info and could have educated other irresponsible parents.

angry

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Mon 07-Nov-16 20:59:04

Instead of just saying that they delete threads at a poster's request!

I don't actually have a problem with this, but it needs to be applied fairly and equally, practically speaking it would be best if we had the power to delete our own threads.

ALemonyPea Mon 07-Nov-16 21:00:19

I hope you follow that deletion with an email to the op telling them to go to a more fluffy, more agreeing with everything forum, as clearly can't cope with being disagreed with.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 07-Nov-16 21:01:50

I'd have rather liked the OP to come into the tattoo shop where I pierce. She'd have got a gobful and MNHQ wouldn't have been able to pull THAT grin

user1478551766 Mon 07-Nov-16 21:02:04

Deleted because OP was a chinny reckon, more like it! A nurse taking a pre-teen to pierce their tongue...I hope it was as made up as it sounds!

usual Mon 07-Nov-16 21:03:18

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

woowoowoo Mon 07-Nov-16 21:04:40

I'd hate to be one of the 12 year old tongue piercing mother's patients!

Can you imagine how she'd react if you disagreed with her?! You'd be quivering in your hospital bed!

Hateloggingin Mon 07-Nov-16 21:04:55

Can't believe it was deleted!

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 07-Nov-16 21:08:07

user, believe it or not, people like her are more common than you'd like to believe - I regularly bat them away from the place I work. The other week someone kicked off because we wouldn't tattoo their 14yo.

Pestilence13610 Mon 07-Nov-16 21:08:19

I can believe it was deleted because it was too bun fighty.
I can believe it was deleted because OP may have been a troll.
The message presented was a condescending lie, I feel rather disappointed.

BeautyGoesToBenidorm Mon 07-Nov-16 21:08:25

user, believe it or not, people like her are more common than you'd like to believe - I regularly bat them away from the place I work. The other week someone kicked off because we wouldn't tattoo their 14yo.

user1478551766 Mon 07-Nov-16 21:09:50

God, really? That's depressing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now