Site keeps freezing up (laptop Chrome)

(11 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Lweji Sun 16-Oct-16 17:13:56

It seems better right now, but it has been an ongoing problem, on and off, for a few days. Today I could hardly go through more than a couple of pages without it freezing up.

I moved to Firefox, which seemed better, but it reported a bug (I lost the link in the meantime; will post if it happens again) that I had to decide to cancel or stop or fix.
Chrome just reported a problem and asked eventually if I wanted to cancel loading or wait.

What I can see when loading the site is that it's very slow compared with others and it seems to be the ads sites that slow it down. It may also be a problem with dangerous sites being blocked by my laptop security.

It seems to me you really need to clamp down on the ads that show up on the site.

minsmum Sun 16-Oct-16 17:20:00

It's freezing up for me too. I am on my tablet and every second page I have to log out and in again

Lweji Wed 19-Oct-16 09:58:49

Having problems again.

Firefox complains about these (while Chrome just freezes):

"A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue."

Script: www.mumsnet.com/js/mums…3a8.pagespeed.jm.XPgv_fGSDG.js:1

Script: s.skimresources.com/js/470X756.skimlinks.js:115

Script: connect.facebook.net/en_GB/sdk.js:138

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Oct-16 10:07:07

Morning, thanks for reporting! Can I ask you both which operating system you're using please?

LineyReborn Wed 19-Oct-16 10:10:12

AmyGMN, there are other ongoing threads about this on Site Stuff.

The mobile site is awful. A lot of the time it's unusable.

(Kindle, silk.)

HarrietVane99 Wed 19-Oct-16 10:14:26

I've been having problems using Silk, too. Can't get more than a couple of pages through a thread without it hanging when trying to load the next page. Not seen any error messages.

Lweji Wed 19-Oct-16 10:16:18

Thanks, AmyGMumsnet.

I'm on Windows 10 Home. Just using Windows Defender.

PS - LineyReborn Please don't highjack this thread. One for each problem.

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Oct-16 11:07:34

Cheers Lweji - will report to Tech and come back to you asap.

Thanks also Liney - we're talking to Tech about the issues on the mobile site that have been raised in other threads. The OP here refers to issues on the laptop so we're going to treat this as a separate issue at the moment.

HarrietVane99 - thanks for the info, there's a separate thread about the issues on Silk which has already been reported to Tech - we'll keep you posted!

Thank you everyone, we will post again asap.

Lweji Wed 19-Oct-16 12:19:27

Ahem

Now whole threads have disappeared from my "I'm on" list. confused

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Oct-16 12:37:04

Hi again Lweji,

Tech are working on bringing deleted thread and deletion mesages back to TIO, this will take a wee while to sort, though. flowers

LineyReborn Wed 19-Oct-16 14:27:41

Didnt mean to hijack, it's just that there are similarities between the problems which may or may not be separate. They may be pieces of the same puzzle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now