Do we no longer get informed when a thread has been deleted?

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

NoFuchsGiven Sun 16-Oct-16 12:53:20

I reported a post earlier (at the ops request) as she wanted to see the deletion message in tio. I presume it has now been deleted as it is not on tio but there is no message to say it has been deleted.

Is this a new thing?

SpaceUnicorn Sun 16-Oct-16 13:33:53

I've not got deletion messages in either TIO or Watching, but I know for a fact that one thread I posted on was deleted as I saw the message while the browser tab was still open. confused

BoreOfWhabylon Sun 16-Oct-16 13:36:10

Yes, that's why I made my experimental thread!

It got deleted (with a suitable message from Olivia) but doesn't show on Threads I'm On.

Since MNHQ seem surprised by this, I think it must be an unintended consequence of the latest round of tinkering, so hopefully Tech might be able to fix if we all whinge for long enough.

SaggyNaggy Sun 16-Oct-16 13:37:45

The moto of Mumsnet Technical department:
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is"

grin

ijustwannadance Sun 16-Oct-16 13:41:15

My TIO is still not right. After the first few the font size goes all squiffy or they blend into 1. No deleted threads in watching either.

GiddyOnZackHunt Sun 16-Oct-16 13:48:37

I suspect they tried to include formatting and emoji in TIO but that in turn is affecting the tabulation and the squiffyness of random indentations and bolding is the result.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 19-Oct-16 11:28:56

Hi all,

Tech have now fixed the formatting and the broken link in TIO. They are working on bringing back deletion messages, but this will take a bit longer to sort. It's on the list, though!

Thanks flowers

BoreOfWhabylon Wed 19-Oct-16 12:33:03

But the formatting is still not fixed Katharine

GiddyOnZackHunt Wed 19-Oct-16 17:58:04

It isn't fixed, no. If there's an image at the end of a TIO posting it starts indenting.

WhisperingLoudly Thu 20-Oct-16 00:02:09

Formatting not fixed and deleted threads not showing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now