Can we have a dadsnet relationship board please.....

(13 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

VoyageOfDad Fri 14-Oct-16 23:18:19

.... The time is ripe. We need to talk mano to mano down there.

Thanks in advance.

Fairenuff Sat 15-Oct-16 21:39:53

We already have it. Have had for years.

Dadsnet

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 15-Oct-16 22:50:05

Hi there VoyageofDad. Just checking - is it a specific board for dads on relationships that you'd like? We do always consider requests for new topics but only if there's enough call for it. What does everyone else think?

AnchorDownDeepBreath Sat 15-Oct-16 22:53:16

Hmm. I can't see how it's work. Will you stop women commenting? And if so, why here and not on a predominantly male site? (Not that I think you shouldn't be here. Just that I feel the standard relationships board fills the need?)

Sparklingbrook Sat 15-Oct-16 22:55:04

Mano to Mano? confused So only Dads would be allowed to respond? I guess you need to ask everyone on Dadsnet what they think.

lifeissweet Sat 15-Oct-16 22:56:20

I feel a bit uneasy about this!

Just because there is a Mumsnet relationship board which men are very welcome to post on.

It may be female-centred because...well...it's a predominantly female populated site.

However, having an exclusively male relationship board kind of says: we can share your space, but we want a space of our own too.

Where would the women's space of their own be then?

Can we all not just get along together.

If you are after men's opinions only, you could try putting that in the title of your thread?

VoyageOfDad Sun 16-Oct-16 09:34:44

Ok, was tounge in cheek as a noted dadsnetter went on a date last week and tbh honest i can't imagine a relationship board in dadsnet getting much traffic.

Though I do think there's value in men being able to discuss relationship issues from a male perspective without a torrent of female opinion. Nothing at all wrong with female opinion of course, but it can get a bit unbalanced sometimes.

As you were 😃

ageingrunner Sun 16-Oct-16 09:39:30

I was thinking the threads would probably be quite short, to say the least.

VoyageOfDad Sun 16-Oct-16 10:18:25

I'm not so sure actually.

I used to post on a different dadsnet and although posts were fairly slow to appear they tended to be longer and quite considered in relation to the OP.

ageingrunner Sun 16-Oct-16 10:32:15

Ah well maybe we'll never know, and maybe we will. Perhaps you should push for a dadsnet board? Would female posters be banned?

Fairenuff Sun 16-Oct-16 10:42:59

I don't think you can have a 'male only' board as part of mumsnet unless someone is going to police it and report every female that comments on it confused

And why would you even want that?

ExcuseMyEyebrows Sun 16-Oct-16 10:51:46

And how would you know they were female? <scratches beard>

VoyageOfDad Sun 16-Oct-16 18:08:33

It's usually fairly obvious who the female posters are on dadsnet tbh.

Certainly with posts concerning relationships.

I would think though that if there were one in dadsnet posts might start from a point of sympathy rather than having to bat off sceptics and mistreated women.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now