Mobile site keeps freezing up

(164 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Catzpyjamas Thu 13-Oct-16 19:38:07

I'm on Silk Browser on Kindle Fire HDX.
For the last 3 days, the site freezes, refresh goes on for ages, threads disappear half way down as if only half the page loaded and I have to shut the tab and start again each time.

JosephineMaynard Thu 13-Oct-16 19:44:38

Same here.

Also silk browser on kindle fire.

And all the content on the threads I'm on page have vanished (as in no threads shown when there should be threads there). Not sure if that's connected at all.

LineyReborn Thu 13-Oct-16 19:46:02

Yes same here. It's nearly unusable. I've been on another thread to report, too.

Catzpyjamas Fri 14-Oct-16 00:16:58

Three times in the last 5 minutes, I have had to close the tab and open MN again in a new tab. May as well go to sleep.

thetimeisnow Fri 14-Oct-16 12:25:39

Same has been happening to me last 3 days, I'm on kindlel fire.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Oct-16 14:25:33

Thanks all
We'll let tech know and get back to you.

Dee03 Fri 14-Oct-16 14:27:13

I use the site on my iPhone and I'm having problems too sad

LineyReborn Fri 14-Oct-16 14:29:23

Ok, mine has just started working fine again, since Threads I'm On was fixed (for me at any rate) a few minutes ago.

Kindle, Silk.

YetAnotherBeckyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 14-Oct-16 16:06:24

Thanks LineyReborn. Is anyone else still having problems with the Kindle browser?

Catzpyjamas Fri 14-Oct-16 16:35:32

Hello, just came on here five minutes ago and I've already had to close the tab and open MN in a new tab again. sad

ExcuseMyEyebrows Fri 14-Oct-16 22:14:36

So slow on my phone (android/chrome) that pages are timing out and its impossible to post (on tablet now)

KanyesVest Fri 14-Oct-16 22:17:32

Third time freezing for me tonight. Kindle fire, silk browser.

Catzpyjamas Fri 14-Oct-16 22:32:40

I've had to close the tab and reopen again in a new tab 6 times to read 4 pages of one thread just now. It's extremely frustrating.

FeelingStupid2015 Sat 15-Oct-16 01:25:42

Im on Kindle fire, silk. Still having problems (same as the above posters).

dottycat123 Sat 15-Oct-16 08:49:42

My kindle fire is doing the same and has done for last 3 days. Only doing this on mumsnet.

ecuse Sat 15-Oct-16 08:56:28

Me too. Silk browser, kindle fire

Catzpyjamas Sat 15-Oct-16 14:29:58

Still having problems just now on Silk Browser on Kindle Fire HDX.

YouCantBeSadHoldingACupcake Sat 15-Oct-16 14:34:14

Me too, kindle fire same as above

SwivelOnYourRedChair Sat 15-Oct-16 14:46:04

Mine as well, Kindle fire, silk browser.
Pages are slow loading on the laptop as well, Chrome.

ExcuseMyEyebrows Sat 15-Oct-16 14:58:32

Still very very slow on mobile site - android/chrome. Buttons at foot of the page don't appear until a good few minutes after the page loads.

This has happened in the couple of days after upgrading my phone to marshmallow - I wonder if there could be a connection? Only happens on MN though.

And bloody autocorrect thinks I'm on the mohair suit, not mobile site! grin

Catzpyjamas Sun 16-Oct-16 08:48:10

Sorry for sounding like a broken record, MNHQ, but it's still as bad and now pages are not fully loading when I can get into them.

MermaidofZennor Sun 16-Oct-16 09:44:45

Yes, having lots of problems with screen freezes, pages not loading properly, buttons slow to appear, having to close down in frustration frequently between threads because can't go from one to another. Kindle Fire, Silk Browser here too. This is the only site this happens on. Have already had long moan a couple of weeks ago about problems with using MN mobile site on Kindle Fire but was told nothing wrong confused. Clearly there is.

MrFMercury Sun 16-Oct-16 09:47:29

I'm on silk on my kindle fire too and been having the same issues as others. I've mentioned it on another thread too but I can't load that one fully now!

MermaidofZennor Sun 16-Oct-16 10:02:25

And what's more - the screen froze and was buffering before I got notification that my post had been posted confused. I often have to close down and open back up again to find out whether my post did, in fact, post. Frustrating.

insancerre Sun 16-Oct-16 10:05:11

I'm having lots of problems on my kindle fire on silk
It keeps freezing or not loading
I have to close down my tab and open up another one

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now