Clear Blue request on Infertility board

(5 Posts)
BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 13-Sep-16 10:06:55

I've also posted on the thread itself but that request seems pretty insensitive given most of the posters there are struggling with diagnosed infertility. If it was likely that weeing on some extremely spendy sticks would help then I'm fairly sure the NHS would prescribe this for infertile people, rather than IVF. I think the request should be removed. Those who still think they could conceive naturally would likely also be on the Conception board so it's not like you're depriving them of the chance to participate.

bananafish81 Tue 13-Sep-16 11:56:17

Echoing the above

It's poor targeting for Clearblue

And tbh it's rubbing our noses in it

Every single person on the infertility boards has tried ovulation sticks, and will have spent £££££ on clearblue by the point they arrive at the infertility threads.

And most of us have been chased round the web by clearblue adverts that we can't avoid - every YouTube pre roll is a smug clearblue ad with a giggling baby telling us how ovulation sticks are proven to help improve the chances of pregnancy

The barren ghetto - aka the infertility section - is our safe space, away from the world of the fertiles who say 'have you tried ovulation sticks / legs in the air after sex / getting drunk / going on holiday?'

The product request would be so much more relevant in the conception section

AnnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 13-Sep-16 12:07:38

Apologies folks - I will remove it from the top of the infertility board now - it's at the top of the conception talk board already

best, Ann

bananafish81 Tue 13-Sep-16 12:11:38

Thanks Ann - much appreciated

BiggerBoatNeeded Tue 13-Sep-16 12:16:57

Thank you very much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now