Banned?

(25 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

QueenElizabeth3 Thu 18-Aug-16 13:59:05

I just tried to check TIO and I have been logged out and can't log in with usual details. Do you ban people without warning and without notification? My usual username is MephistoMarley. As far as I know I haven't done anything to warrant being banned, and in the past when I have overstepped the mark (only twice in 9 years of membership) I had an email warning me to tone it down. Neither of these was very recent so I don't think it can be related to that.
Please would you confirm for me whether I am banned and if so for what?
Thanks

NeedACleverNN Thu 18-Aug-16 14:00:16

I had the same a while back. Was accused of being goady when I wasn't actually meant to.

I had no warning or notification and was literally I could log on. Password change wouldn't work either. Hopefully you get it sorted

QueenElizabeth3 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:04:06

I've had a post deleted today so I can only assume it's because of that. However it's the first post I have made in this vein so it's hardly as if I am a persistent 'offender' and I don't believe it was worthy of banning.

NeedACleverNN Thu 18-Aug-16 14:05:11

You've probably been put on the time out step

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 18-Aug-16 14:06:39

However it's the first post I have made in this vein so it's hardly as if I am a persistent 'offender' and I don't believe it was worthy of banning.

It was however a spectacularly unpleasant post...

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 18-Aug-16 14:07:02

I reported you OP! But only this thread to brings it to MNHQ's radar.

Hope you get it sorted.

JenLindley Thu 18-Aug-16 14:07:53

HQ are notoriously inconsistent with who they decide to ban.

QueenElizabeth3 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:08:57

Was it? I don't think so tbh. The tone of that thread was spectacularly unpleasant and misogynist in my view.
I didn't think MNHQ banned for one unpleasant post in any case. I have certainly seen much worse over a period of time before posters get banned.

QueenElizabeth3 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:09:47

I have no issue with people reporting my other post if they felt it was worthy of deletion but banning?

NeedACleverNN Thu 18-Aug-16 14:12:09

Reported this thread for you too op

I didn't see the deleted post though so I can't comment

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 18-Aug-16 14:13:14

I can't log in on my iPad atm but can on my phone, something odd is going on there is a long thread about it.

QueenElizabeth3 Thu 18-Aug-16 14:14:43

Hmm so maybe (hopefully) I'm making a fuss about nothing

Egosumquisum Thu 18-Aug-16 14:39:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Egosumquisum Thu 18-Aug-16 14:42:19

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 18-Aug-16 14:43:05

Please mail us at contactus@mumsnet.com, and we'll be able to take a look.

Egosumquisum Thu 18-Aug-16 14:44:13

NeedACleverNN Thu 18-Aug-16 14:54:36

Which one ego?

Egosumquisum Thu 18-Aug-16 14:57:08

TealLove Thu 18-Aug-16 14:58:00

Can they ban without warning?

Egosumquisum Thu 18-Aug-16 14:59:31

NeedACleverNN Thu 18-Aug-16 15:16:41

Ah yes I see

bumbleymummy Thu 18-Aug-16 18:29:20

I can see why a suspension may have been warranted but I do think that MNHQ should email to explain why and I don't think a long time poster, first time offender should be banned straight out with no warning. It seems a bit inconsistent given that some posters have multiple posts deleted nearly every week, have been suspended a few times and yet still continue to post.

Just5minswithDacre Thu 18-Aug-16 20:16:00

Yes Teal; banning without warning is standard procedure.

PortiaCastis Thu 18-Aug-16 20:20:00

Ego didn't see the thread but before this one goes wanted to ask how you were?

ToadsJustFellFromTheSky Sat 20-Aug-16 00:15:12

I can't see how one unpleasant comment would lead to a ban tbh although admittedly I didn't see your post so don't know how bad it was.

I have seen a lot of unpleasant comments on here and afaik none of them have resulted in anyone being banned.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now