"...while we take a closer look."

(12 Posts)
DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Fri 12-Aug-16 13:38:13

First of all, I know this is a taat but I really want to ask the question.

The deletion message below suggests you'll be coming back to it at some point one way or the other. But it's all gone quiet for days on end. If I was the OP I might be a bit put out (she's obviously not or she'd have been back and stood up for herself so it's probably all bollocks anyway) BUT my point remains, I think a more decisive message should have been put up. Many people spend too much time reading and replying to these threads and I just don't think it's cricket.

namechangingalltheway Fri 12-Aug-16 13:44:07

She's probably blocked while they look into it so she wouldn't be able to post. Id like to know too

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Aug-16 13:47:34

I would just let it go. MNHQ do reinstate threads once they have taken a look but presumably they didn't this time.

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Fri 12-Aug-16 14:11:39

Good point NameChanging.

I'm not overly bothered Sparkling it's just that baby was asleep so I had a chance to ask a question I perhaps usually wouldn't. But I invested a lot of baby feeding time reading pages and pages of that thread and I feel a bit ripped off tbh.

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Aug-16 14:17:01

Happens a lot. people start threads never to return or they get taken down by MNHQ to be looked at. It's just the way it is.

I was a bit hmm at that thread TBH so hid it to start with.

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Fri 12-Aug-16 14:19:16

I hadn't seen that particular deletion message before, t'is all. It looks unfinished (and I'm a bit OCD truth be told).

DerekSprechenZeDick Fri 12-Aug-16 15:31:03

It was a load of bollocks no doubt hence why it hasn't been reopened

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Fri 12-Aug-16 15:34:58

Fine, so why not change the message to say so?

Just musing really.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 12-Aug-16 16:01:51

Hey chaps,

Thanks for raising this - you make a valid point. We could stand to be a bit clearer with our messages. Sometimes we keep things deliberately vague because we genuinely don't know the full situation - and we don't want to give folks the wrong impression. But wherever possible we'll try and tell you everything we know.

Sparklingbrook Fri 12-Aug-16 16:05:47

I think 'Thread deleted as it turned out to be a load of bollocks in the end' would be very clear. wink

DangerQuakeRhinoSnake Fri 12-Aug-16 19:19:14

Haha yes it would grin

Thanks for explaining Kate.

fanjoforthemammaries Fri 12-Aug-16 19:27:14

Yes..and the one about friends naughty kid was deleted with "we think this should go now". Some more info would have been most welcome.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now