Any chance of MNHQ getting PM Theresa May on for a Web chat?

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

AyeAmarok Fri 15-Jul-16 11:34:27

I'd like to hear her views on a number of things: if she has any plans to improve the woeful situation with NRPs and child maintenance, often prohibitive childcare costs and how to help women return to work (if they want to), pay discrimination and any further legislation that could be brought in to tackle it, balancing any welfare cuts with consideration that it is often women with children who suffer most as a result of these.

Lots of others too, but those are the first few that popped into my head!

I know she's really, really busy at the moment, but maybe over the coming months?

cozietoesie Fri 15-Jul-16 11:59:32

I'd like to have her on a web chat as well although I suspect that your chances will be vanishingly slim for some time. Maybe if there were more targeted issues in limited areas they might be improved a little?

(Or even seek a web chat with one of her new cabinet? They might welcome the opportunity to demonstrate their mettle. grin)

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 15-Jul-16 12:21:08

Thanks both. We'd absolutely love to have her on but as you say, suspect we may be in a bit of a queue. Please rest assured we'll be trying to book her in, along with other prominent new Cabinet members!

cozietoesie Fri 15-Jul-16 14:46:44

Thanks for that, Rowan.

Good luck in your attempts. smile

AyeAmarok Fri 15-Jul-16 17:26:37

Great Rowan, thank you.

I think she'll do it smile

A4Document Mon 18-Jul-16 14:25:28

Brilliant, will look forward to these smile Thanks Rowan!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now