what's a zombie thread

(8 Posts)
Jelliedeels Thu 09-Jun-16 09:39:25

Is that a troll

EatShitDerek Thu 09-Jun-16 09:40:33

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

HeffalumpHistory Thu 09-Jun-16 09:41:52

It's an older thread. You get a zombie warning cause you might not want to comment & "wake the dead" thread.
If someone comments & bumps the thread, lots of people then don't realise it's years old. I like the zombie warning on the older threads.

Sparklingbrook Thu 09-Jun-16 09:43:02

Old threads that get bumped after years. People then start replying to the Op and it all gets messy.

There is a warning that the thread is a Zombie but it disappears after the thread is bumped.

Really a permanent warning at the beginning and the end of the thread would improve things greatly. we do keep asking.

Jelliedeels Thu 09-Jun-16 09:59:20

I thought threads disappeared after 90 days. If not posted on

Sparklingbrook Thu 09-Jun-16 10:02:21

Threads in Chat disappear 90 days after the OP. All other threads stay forever, with the exception of the 30 Days Only topic which disappear after that.

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Thu 09-Jun-16 10:05:34

I still haven't worked out why MNHQ won't lock old threads. I think they've said its in case the OP wants to update on it but realistically, how often is it the OP that's bumped a zombie?

Sparklingbrook Thu 09-Jun-16 10:11:38

I agree Milk. Especially in AIBU. Maybe once in a blue moon on a specific topic the OP may return.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now