List of deleted threads (again)

(33 Posts)
Maryz Mon 06-Jun-16 17:25:02

Sorry, I know there is a thread somewhere but I've been away and can't find it.

I think it's a great idea to have a list so people can see why threads were deleted.

Maybe just a link from Site Stuff called "deleted threads" leading to a list of titles, and when you click on each a deletion message or short explanation. They would only need to stay for a week (otherwise the list would be ridiculously long).

It would serve two purposes: firstly to stop the inevitable TAATs, but more importantly it would make people realise just how many threads are deleted.

I think some newer members thing that troll threads are just occasional. they see the longer ones (like today's Children's Health thread) but don't see the hundreds upon hundreds that are reported and zapped quickly.

It might help newbies realise why so many of us are so angry about the sheer amount of trolling if they could see a list of how many threads are bollocks every day, and what emotive topics they are about sad

MilkTwoSugarsThanks Mon 06-Jun-16 17:27:31

I think I've said this on every single thread about this

YES PLEASE!

DixieNormas Mon 06-Jun-16 17:28:01

I agree

KateLivesInEngland Mon 06-Jun-16 17:29:08

Yes I agree too.

NeedACleverNN Mon 06-Jun-16 17:32:19

A very good idea Maryz

ThoraGruntwhistle Mon 06-Jun-16 17:32:24

Agreed. No idea what happened on that thread about Jewish names.

mylovegoesdown Mon 06-Jun-16 17:32:57

Absolutely.

GrimmauldPlace Mon 06-Jun-16 17:36:30

I agree

Andbabymakesthree Mon 06-Jun-16 17:36:42

I do agree. However commenting ability would need to be switched off

glasgowlass Mon 06-Jun-16 17:37:48

This would be fabulous. I often wonder why threads I'm watching vanish.

FuckingFattyBitch Mon 06-Jun-16 17:40:38

Genius idea.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 06-Jun-16 17:43:58

Yes please !

Maryz Mon 06-Jun-16 17:48:35

Oh, sorry, now I've found the original thread.

Sorry MamofTwo

I wonder if we can combine the two threads - or bump both of them repeatedly until mnhq notice [sigh]

SilverBirchWithout Tue 07-Jun-16 00:11:14

Yes.

Also how about some form of software upgrade at your end to identify pbp's more quickly and efficiently?

The latest one had been rumbling on for days with multiple reports. In my mind a pbp should not be given the benefit of the doubt.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 07-Jun-16 14:13:47

Thanks, all - we will raise it!

TormundGiantsbabe Tue 07-Jun-16 14:16:22

Surely it would just become a hall of fame for trolls?

Maryz Tue 07-Jun-16 16:16:43

Not if it was just a list of thread titles (no op names) and if it was deleted after a week or a month.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Tue 07-Jun-16 16:18:15

I agree .

MNHQ would be the only to be able to post on this thread/in this topic.

emotionsecho Tue 07-Jun-16 16:21:57

Excellent idea Maryz.

PolaroidsFromTheBeyond Tue 07-Jun-16 16:23:19

I think it's a great idea.

SunlessSea Tue 07-Jun-16 16:28:25

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but can anyone tell me what happened with the children's health thread that was deleted? My dd has cancer and I had been watching it with interest and sympathy. I had a few doubts about it so not totally surprised it was a troll, but very angry that someone would do this. Sorry if it's the wrong place to ask but didn't want to start a taat.

Maryz Tue 07-Jun-16 16:33:43

It was a troll, Sunless, a previous banned poster. MNHQ left it up until this morning for us all to rant on, but deleted it when it was full. There was at least one TAAT deleted too.

I hope your dd is ok.

It wasn't my idea emotions, but MamofTwo's, but it certainly is good!

2boysnamedR Tue 07-Jun-16 16:36:10

What happened to the skull one?

SunlessSea Tue 07-Jun-16 16:42:03

Thanks Maryz. She's doing well thanks. I think the list of deleted threads is a great idea. It would be good to have an explanation for deletions, and stop people (like me!) asking what happened. I think you're a fellow Irishwoman if I'm not mistaken?

iwouldgoouttonight Tue 07-Jun-16 16:43:43

If the child health one is the one I'm thinking of it had photos of a child in it too? Whose poor child was it then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now