The lag is driving me to distraction

(17 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Fri 03-Jun-16 20:22:00

As if the stupid page jumping isn't annoying enough!

Both on my phone (Android/Chrome) and laptop (decent newish laptop, indows 10/Firefox 4203867302104.2 or whatever it is, this week) I've been experiencing a really frustrating lag in typing, scrolling and everything. The typing lag is only a split second on my laptop (enough to put me off my thread when what I type isn't appearing on my screen) but it's become almost impossible to use the mobile site on my phone. I posted something pretty garbled, as a result, earlier because deleting was even slower than typing and it was driving autocorrect as mad as me. Even gave up on trying to read because it as jerking about, several seconds after I'd tried to scroll up.

Obviously a bad script or something is hammering the processor, as trying to MN on my phone made it feel quite hot and the lag isn't quite as disastrous on my much more powerful laptop (you really shouldn't need a powerful laptop to just browse a forum sad )

usual Fri 03-Jun-16 20:26:55

It's rubbish trying to type on my phone and kindle. I've given up using them to MN.

Binglesplodge Fri 03-Jun-16 21:22:50

It's not just me! I came here too look for a thread because it's seriously frustrating in my android phone. I wonder what's going on under the hood to make it so horrible...

Binglesplodge Fri 03-Jun-16 22:20:27

*to and *on

Grr. My phone's autocorrect is too fast for the slow slow mobile site...

usual Fri 03-Jun-16 22:56:31

It's so bloody clunky on my kindle. It's near on impossible to use.

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Fri 03-Jun-16 23:51:45

Glad it's not just me on 2 different devices on 2 different net connections.

Was about so say it seems better on my laptop, late tonight, then it froze in the middle of different and I ended up with a dozen n's!

bakeoffcake Fri 03-Jun-16 23:58:02

Omg I thought it was just me! I have terrible trouble typing on my iPad, I type and nothing appears on the screenhmm

Numberoneisgone Fri 03-Jun-16 23:59:48

Use website in your phone. It is much better than the app I find.

StickTheDMWhereTheSunDontShine Sat 04-Jun-16 00:44:11

I have android so don't have an app to use. It's the mobile site that's frying and locking up my phone.

emotionsecho Sat 04-Jun-16 00:57:03

The mobile site on my tablet using Google Chrome is taking forever to load, took 1 minute 50 seconds from clicking on this thread to it appearing on screen. Every other site loads almost instantly so it's not my internet speed.

ecres Sat 04-Jun-16 09:22:56

If you use an ad blocker (eg Ad Blocker Plus on Firefox, any operating system) does that fix it? I do (sorry mn but the ads are too intrusive) and haven't seen these problems.

emotionsecho Sat 04-Jun-16 10:37:06

I use an ad blocker on the Laptop/Desktop site and that normally runs okay although today it is 'lagging' a bit. Must remember to download an ad blocker for the Tablet.

IWILLgiveupsugar Sat 04-Jun-16 10:41:49

Can anyone recommend an ad blocker. Am using safe mode on my android for all internet at the moment.

BertieBotts Sat 04-Jun-16 10:42:57

Try adblock. I get this without adblock.

Unfortunately with adblock I get jumping.

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 04-Jun-16 10:48:47

Morning everyone

Thank you for all the information in this thread, really useful. We'll look into what's going on here.

In the meantime if anyone has any further problems please do continue to post with the details of the devices and browsers you're using - that info is really helpful to our tech team when they're looking into these things.

Thanks for your patience everyone flowers

SetPhasersTaeMalkie Sat 04-Jun-16 11:12:20

I'm on the desktop site on a kindle. It's difficult to type as there's definitely a lag. And the page jumps about. I'm always clicking on threads I don't want to read.

AgentProvocateur Sat 04-Jun-16 11:30:37

It's been like this for about six weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now