I can't Namechange!!

(11 Posts)
Aramynta Sun 29-May-16 19:38:35

I am trying to NC for a thread but whenever I choose the name (which shows as available), enter password and click save it loads to a blank page. If I refresh it just shows this username and the new one doesn't even appear in the history list! ARRGGH

roundandroundthehouses Mon 30-May-16 13:41:32

Having the same trouble here. Is there a known issue?

P1nkP0ppy Mon 30-May-16 13:43:05

How do you name change? I presume there's a way without deregistering and starting again?

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-May-16 10:31:27

So sorry about this - this is something we are aware of, our tech team are taking a look!

JuliaDreams Tue 31-May-16 10:35:41

Try internet explorer if you are on a laptop. It was the only browser that let me name change.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 31-May-16 11:06:47

Ah, thanks for this JuliaDreams, could we ask what other browsers you tried?

JuliaDreams Tue 31-May-16 11:31:18

I tried chrome on laptop and Android phone and silk browser on kindle.

Sunnybitch Tue 31-May-16 20:29:53

Won't let me either....

WalkingBlind Wed 01-Jun-16 12:32:40

I've tried Chrome on Android and laptop, also tried Browser on Android and Explorer on laptop.... None are working for me sad All of them gave a blank page except Explorer gave an error message

FuckingFattyBitch Wed 01-Jun-16 12:36:30

I had trouble when I name changed. Check the boxes carefully. Mine had automatically filled in my email address...in the postcode box. Worth checking just in case it's happened to any of you.

KatherineMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 01-Jun-16 15:49:06

Thanks for this - tech are trying to replicate the issue using different devices and browsers, we'll report back when we know more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now