Angry birds on Aibu

(143 Posts)
JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-May-16 09:30:54

In advance of the release of The Angry Birds Movie we thought it would be fun to let Angry Birds loose over the topic for the next four days. We very much hope you enjoy them but if you don't, not to worry; they'll be fluttering off in a few days.

Share your best Angry Bird moment for a chance to win £300 here

Read the feedback from the preview film screening here

(Usual Talk Guidelines still apply wink)

inlovewithhubby Tue 10-May-16 09:37:37

Ugh, shameless advertising MNHQ?

londonrach Tue 10-May-16 09:39:41

angrybird

CheesecakeWarrior Tue 10-May-16 09:44:10

Oh did wonder about the new angrybird

WellErrr Tue 10-May-16 09:45:38

angrybird to add to the chocolatem

You can't bribe people to like shit stuff.

margewiththebluehair Tue 10-May-16 09:46:31

I can't believe they made a movie out of a silly game.

NotAClueReally3 Tue 10-May-16 09:54:10

Just wondering how people think a site the size of mn can function without advertising?! No likey, no clicky! Simples!!

inlovewithhubby Tue 10-May-16 09:57:02

I've never noticed such a blatant shout out on here before. Keep the ads popping up at the top of the screen by all means but a post to openly advertise a presumably shit film is just a bit disappointing in my opinion. I'm really surprised.

JustineMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 10-May-16 09:57:37

inlovewithhubby

Yes we do need advertising to fund the site, as it's free to use but not free to run. We try to do it in an imaginative way though and obviously there are lots of brands we won't work with and formats we turn down...

ElBandito Tue 10-May-16 10:09:37

angrybird cool! I don't mind.

StrictlyMumDancing Tue 10-May-16 10:18:33

angrybird
I don't mind the angry birds

I do mind that I thought this was going to be a rant about some people getting arsey on aibu though blush

WellErrr Tue 10-May-16 10:21:01

obviously there are lots of brands we won't work with and formats we turn down...

Oooh who? grin

herecomesthsun Tue 10-May-16 10:23:08

yes I thought we were the angry birds grin

carabos Tue 10-May-16 10:27:25

As an angry old bird myself, I'd quite like to have that emoticon available permanently - just to save time wink.

WorraLiberty Tue 10-May-16 10:27:45

Of course the advertising is shameless

Why shouldn't it be? confused

angrybird angrybird angrybird

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 10-May-16 10:28:33

angrybird well I'm taking ds. He is desperate to go.

You can let your advertisers know and keep the site ticking over for another day winkangrybird

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Tue 10-May-16 10:30:58

inlovewithhubby

Yes we do need advertising to fund the site, as it's free to use but not free to run. We try to do it in an imaginative way though and obviously there are lots of brands we won't work with and formats we turn down...

BOOM! angrybird angrybird angrybird

WorraLiberty Tue 10-May-16 10:45:00

Moving grin

AdrenalineFudge Tue 10-May-16 10:49:46

angrybird I quite like it. The newer emojis are a lot sleeker in appearance than the older ones. Perhaps the older smileys could be earmarked for a bit of refining treatment Justine?

BoatyMcBoat Tue 10-May-16 10:55:17

angrybird

It's quite fun. I do like the way you produce new emojis from time to time. The tardis and dragon were great.

BoatyMcBoat Tue 10-May-16 10:55:54

Though I think using brew for tea is a bit bonkers, but hey.

ProcrastinatorGeneral Tue 10-May-16 11:08:31

I have two boys desperate to see the new film. I'm going to take them, and I'll be toting ear defenders and a good bookgrin

angrybird

coffeeisnectar Tue 10-May-16 11:16:41

Doesn't matter what happens on this site, there's always someone moaning about it. Get over it or go to the glittery site.

I'd rather have an angry bird emoji than bloody glittery tickers!

inlovewithhubby Tue 10-May-16 11:20:43

Aibu to not know what a glittery ticker is? Or what the glittery site is? Almost certainly I imagine, though I'm inwardly grateful.

bungmean Tue 10-May-16 11:24:06

I thought a glittery ticker was a euphemism for a vajazzle.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now