how many times do I need to report something

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

cheekymofo Mon 02-May-16 00:25:40

Until MN replies?

It can depend on when you make the report - if it's over night, or when MNHQ is lightly staffed, or if there is something blowing up elsewhere on the site, or there are tech problems, it could take longer than you'd expect.

BastardGoDarkly Mon 02-May-16 00:27:57

I think there needs to be quite a few to get to the top of the list, as it were. If its only you reporting, and the fact it's Sunday night/Monday morning, it could take a while.

cheekymofo Mon 02-May-16 01:13:20

I've reported 4 times over Friday evening/ Saturday day and Sunday morning!

WatcherOfTheNight Mon 02-May-16 02:11:41

Hi Cheeky,we (Nightwatch ) don't see reports unless there are a lot on the same thread/poster.
I don't know about the day time reports but it's been said that the report system has been a bit temperamental recently.

If you have concerns about a thread or poster during the night try posting on here as well as reporting.

Hope that helps.

WatcherOfTheNight Mon 02-May-16 02:13:32

Sorry that should've been try posting on Nightwatch confused

Baconyum Fri 06-May-16 16:45:36

Agree there's a problem here also in time for response.

Sparklingbrook Fri 06-May-16 16:58:16

I wondered if there were problems again.

Baconyum Fri 06-May-16 17:23:57

They seem to be understaffed even during daytime, I've yet again been told the reason a post that was reported by me took over 14 hours before I even got a response, was because 'we were really busy'! Thats iirc the 3rd time I've been told that this year.

As for night watch, I think the volunteers are to be commended BUT I don't think it's appropriate for volunteers to be Manning and moderating the site (with limited ability to view or edit) at night (and weekends?) - especially as this is prime time for goadiness and pbps to turn up!

And I know from discussions on other threads and via PM I am FAR from the only poster who feels this way.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-May-16 22:09:11

Hi there Baconyum. We've just dropped you another email to check we've definitely had all your reports now. We can only apologise that you had to wait longer than usual on some of your reported posts. As we've explained, some days it is just busier than others and we have to get to the reports that we think require our attention as a priority. Sometimes that can be something dreadful like someone saying they are suicidal, or a nasty troll, so unfortunately other posts do then slip down the list. It is unusual for anyone to have to wait more than a day though, so we are sorry that was the case on this occasion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now