Is there a way to disable the video ads?

(4 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

musicposy Sat 30-Apr-16 15:39:15

I'm particularly troubled by the hidden polka dot cake as I keep inadvertently touching the play button when scrolling. There's a few other moving adverts along the side too.

I've got a real battery issue with my iPad at the moment and I can't afford to drain it with all this video and moving stuff. Plus I want to browse mumsnet, not have to get off my fat arse cook cake.

Once the video starts I can't seem to stop it and have to cross off the mumsnet site altogether. Now that is tragic!

pratiaalba Sat 30-Apr-16 21:07:47

Good lord, MN has some shite ads on atm!

All the stupid 'woman is old but looks young' crap.
And 'how to get rid of belly fat' hmm

All video ads too.
Sort out your suppliers, MNHQ!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 01-May-16 16:08:37

Hi musicposy - the polka dots cake is a MN video and so it's not an advert. You should be able to stop it playing by tapping it again.

However, if there are ads troubling you, please do take a screenshot and post it up here. We can then send over to our Ads team to take a look.

musicposy Sun 01-May-16 21:07:21

I could stop it playing, but the next time I scroll down, I touch it again and off it goes!

It's no ads in particular, it's just I remember the good old days of MN where there wasn't all this flashing moving stuff all down the side. Oh well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now