Pop ups from threads

(18 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

RoseDeWittBukater Fri 11-Mar-16 15:08:31

I keep getting diverted from threads I select to read in 'active conversations' to some bloody app thing it tries to make me download. It only happens on my phone, only some threads and only mumsnet. It's really beginning to irritate me, why is it happening? Is anyone else getting this?

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Mar-16 17:57:20

Hi Rose

Can you let us know which phone you're using, and if you're using the mobile site or the app?

It would also be really helpful if you could grab a screenshot of the thing you're being asked to download.

We'll flag this to our Tech team as soon as we have a few more details.

In the meantime, we're really sorry for the faff! sad

RoseDeWittBukater Fri 11-Mar-16 18:14:27

Next time it directs me I'll get a screenshot. I'm using an iPhone.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 11-Mar-16 19:17:56

Thanks Rose. And are you using the app or the mobile site?

If you can't grab a screenshot, just a name would do, anything that could point our Ads team in the right direction would help.

RoseDeWittBukater Fri 11-Mar-16 19:18:25

Mobile site smile

RoseDeWittBukater Sat 12-Mar-16 15:45:15

Hopefully this will work. It was just the first thread I clicked on in active.

VertigoNun Sat 12-Mar-16 15:46:47

I keep getting them too. Asking me to allow them take money from me. hmm
On a Samsung via Google.

VertigoNun Sat 12-Mar-16 15:47:56

The pop ups are at the bottom where threads I am on or active are so are situated.

AgentProvocateur Sun 13-Mar-16 12:45:05

Yes, I get randomly taken to the App Store partway through a thread when I'm not even touching my phone. On mobile site in iphone6.

southwest1 Sun 13-Mar-16 18:17:14

Me too, though I think only in AIBU. It's really annoying. I'm on the mobile site and iPhone6.

HarlettOScara Sun 13-Mar-16 19:16:24

Happening to me too on safari (iPhone 6). It diverts to Sky betting site or Ladbrokes and then then immediately to the App Store.

AgentProvocateur Mon 14-Mar-16 11:03:48

Yes, Skybet here too.

VertigoNun Mon 14-Mar-16 11:49:34

Screen shot

GodlessDomestic1 Mon 14-Mar-16 18:58:06

Oh my days this is driving me crazy - I don't want to be selected for a free fricking app 😡 iOS 9 on iPhone 6

HarlettOScara Mon 14-Mar-16 19:27:27

Just happened to me again. Here's the page it diverted to before opening the App Store

AgentProvocateur Tue 15-Mar-16 15:55:13

PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP! I keep getting reiterated to betting apps on the App Store. It's definitely a MN problem. It doesn't happen on any other site, I've never googled anything gambling-related, and no one else accesses my phone.

RoseDeWittBukater Tue 15-Mar-16 16:35:09

Oh the irony of coming to read the next reply and it happening again. hmm

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 15-Mar-16 16:44:16

Hi all - we'll send this over to our Tech team so they can take a closer look at what's causing this. Many thanks for all the posts.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now