adverts AAAAAAH

(24 Posts)
zzzzz Wed 10-Feb-16 14:34:50

Yesterday the annoying endless box on the right with sound. SOUND MNHQ are you nuts. You must know half of us MN while trying to get the kids to sleep, or maintain an "interested face" while regaled with information from our loved ones, or during the football/thriller that we don't want to watch.

What on earth were you thinking?????

AND NOW annoying sky boxset advert that COVERS the nav buttons.

angry I have important views to impart on multiple threads! shock

I am stifled! I am gagged! AND I am dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzguzzzzted! (well not really but please can the adverts be less in your face? I will click on several a day if it will help?)

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 10-Feb-16 15:39:26

hallo
sorry - which ad was this?
<rocks baby to sleep for you>

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Wed 10-Feb-16 15:49:07

Hi zzzzz, we don't allow auto-play ads on the site so we'll get these blocked as soon as we can find them.
Can you let us know the names of any other advertisers responsible and it would be really helpful if you can post a screengrab so we can have a look at what you're seeing. Also, could you let us know what device you're using to access MN? Sorry for all of the questions! grin

merlottime Wed 10-Feb-16 16:39:43

As I clicked on this thread an ad from The View from the Shard started playing automatically....I have the sound off so not sure if there is music on this one

zzzzz Wed 10-Feb-16 16:49:01

It was laptop for the audio. I can't remember which ad, I will ponder probably remember in the shower might have been vanish????

The over the buttons one was definitely sky box sets.

Thank you for virtual rock and from a President too.blush (Should I mention said baby is 10, has ASD and will require you to appear peaceful at ALL times.).

Will screen grab if I can work out how to do it on new laptop if it happens again. Apologies was silly not to think of it.

FruStefanOla Wed 10-Feb-16 18:33:57

PresidentOlivia? Since when?! grin grin

zzzzz Wed 10-Feb-16 21:51:59

No ads at all....and he's fast asleep...Are you sure PresidentOlivia isn't

<whispers> GoddessOlivia ?

Of course if this is so then I will be setting up as some sort of high priestess and demanding offerings (preferably of fudge and wine though not together).

Either fixed or the end of the world is nigh. smile

zzzzz Wed 10-Feb-16 23:03:23

Ok having to be creative as too tired to think tech. This one makes strange clunk noises (I think it's the same one but yesterday it was proper audio now it sound like a speaker connecting pop/clunk)

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Fri 12-Feb-16 15:43:08

Great thanks zzzz, we'll get to work blocking this.

AyeAmarok Sat 13-Feb-16 20:22:04

Hi MNHQ and Tech, I'm getting an autoplay add on the mobile site this evening. It's the Vanish Gold advert.

I'm on the mobile site on Android phone, if that helps. I also have a screenshot if you need it?

AyeAmarok Sat 13-Feb-16 20:23:32

Sorry, by autoplay I mean a noisy video one with really annoying sound!

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 14-Feb-16 16:04:02

Hi AyeAmarok,

Yes please, a screenshot would be a big help. In the meantime, we'll let our Ads team know about this.

BankWadger Mon 15-Feb-16 19:22:01

Hi zzzzz, we don't allow auto-play ads on the site so we'll get these blocked as soon as we can find them.

This is clearly a lie as Kung Fu Fucking Panda is still advertising Sky at the bottom of the mobile site.

BankWadger Mon 15-Feb-16 19:28:16

Here is a screen shot I took last week because it appeared when I commented on a thread about pandas

BankWadger Mon 15-Feb-16 19:29:34

It forgot to add this one

slightlyglitterbrained Wed 17-Feb-16 19:34:06

Got another - a Dettol ad. Using Firefox on a Galaxy S5 Neo.

zzzzz Fri 19-Feb-16 22:33:07

Vanish gold just burped at me again.

zzzzz Fri 19-Feb-16 22:33:48

and now Airwick pure is doing it too

zzzzz Fri 19-Feb-16 22:34:37

it happens whenever I post and it flicks on to the top of the page

AyeAmarok Sat 20-Feb-16 17:32:54

I'm getting the Red Bull one now.

And it's really loud!

Screenshot attached.

AyeAmarok Sat 20-Feb-16 17:33:05

And it's really loud!

Screenshot attached.

AyeAmarok Sat 20-Feb-16 17:33:19

And it's really loud!

Screenshot attached.

AyeAmarok Sat 20-Feb-16 17:34:38

I'm also having issues with multiple posts apparently, but I think that's my phones problem rather than yours grin

FarinaHuevos Sat 20-Feb-16 18:15:14

grin amarok

Ads I've been irritated by in the past few days.

1) The Sky Kung Fu panda, as above

2) A link to Amazon.com which is pretty fucking useless for me as I then have to go on to proper Amazon (sorry U.S readers, just silly British teasing!) and search for whatever the link was advertising.

can't remember the others. honestly with the ads situation, taking over 10 hours to get a self-declared troll post deleted last week, not getting a response when I report a thread, and the fucking trolls themselves I'm getting fed up of MN and find I'm visiting much less often.
Rant over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now