Can we have automatically capital to start new thread title?

(7 Posts)
NotSittingRight Sat 06-Feb-16 22:52:23

When the main text box comes up it starts with a capital automatically but the title does not.

By default I assume caps will be used and keep forgetting that MN is set up without it.

Would it be too much trouble to tweak it?

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sat 06-Feb-16 22:58:36

No! That would drive me mad. I don't get auto-capitals in either title or main text box (mobile site) and would like it to stay that way.

I have all autocorrect/predictive stuff permanently turned off (I prefer to make my own mistakes!)

NotSittingRight Sun 07-Feb-16 08:26:05

How strange! Does it depend on who uses which software/hardware?

Surely you agree that it does seem a bit odd to be capitals on one and not the other, and that it would be better to have more consistency than that?

FishWithABicycle Sun 07-Feb-16 08:33:52

AIBU thread titles generally start with "to" and should not be capitalised because they are being understood as the second half of a sentence i.e. "Am I being unreasonable to..." so I wouldn't want this idea.

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeG0es Sun 07-Feb-16 08:34:12

It would be better to be consistent, yes, but no auto-formatting. When we first got an Ipad DH kept switching on all the auto-capitalise, auto-correct etc functions, it drove me up the wall.

SpidersFromMars Fri 19-Feb-16 15:09:57

Consistently off, with no autoformat would be better. Then it's up to you.

GideonSoames Fri 19-Feb-16 15:12:37

!!!!!!!!

Just look before you post!

biscuit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now