ADVERT KILLING MY PHONE MOBILE SITE

(17 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Vaginaaa Wed 03-Feb-16 17:13:25

Whatever that advert you have at the bottom of the mobile site is, it's killing my ability to type on here. I've literally had to copy and paste this from my notes app to be able to post.

If I do manage to type, it's delayed and 9 times out of 10 will just crash the browser I'm using and I have to start again. It's driving me mad.

I'm using an iPhone on the mobile site in Safari. Please do something! I need my mumsnet!

AmyGMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Feb-16 17:51:54

Hi Vaginaaa

Thanks for posting. Is there any chance you could tell us which ad it is, or post a screenshot?

We're getting Tech on this and will let you know once we've heard back from them.

Vaginaaa Wed 03-Feb-16 17:59:51

It's this one sad

TotalPerspectiveVortex Wed 03-Feb-16 22:37:29

Yes! I keep getting issues with this sad it keeps reloading my page because 'something went wrong'.

This has happened before too, with some moving ad for something, candy crush maybe. Anyway it's the same ad as OP. I don't know what it's for because it keeps reloading the page before the ad loads.

Vaginaaa Wed 03-Feb-16 22:43:26

Yes! I keep getting that message too! Driving me bonkers shock

BankWadger Wed 03-Feb-16 22:44:16

Yes please can you get rid of all ads that play videos. They hide at the bottom of the page making it all slow and annoying. And if I'm on 4G the videos suck up usage as well.

I am lesd likely to click or even look at an ad (on any site) that plays a fucking video I can't turn off.

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Thu 04-Feb-16 10:40:05

Hi all,

We don't allow ads that auto-play video so we'll block this as soon as we can work out who the advertiser is. If the advert ever loads for you and you manage to spot the advertiser then please name and shame so we can get it blocked. We'll have a look for it ourselves too and keep you updated.

Thanks for your patience.

Queenbean Thu 04-Feb-16 10:45:06

It's the dominos pizza one - I posted this on site stuff the other day

And now it's this one

Please please please turn off adverts that auto run - it absolutely wrecks data usage

Queenbean Thu 04-Feb-16 10:46:10

Clicking the link goes to this website

www.lesoffrescanal.fr/canalplus-om-psg?cpmid=3023992941063512800033030105836701064502&ectrans=1

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Feb-16 13:39:03

Thanks for the links and screen shots - we'll get our Ads team on the case.

BankWadger Fri 05-Feb-16 22:27:13

Thete are also lots if ads that don't have autoplay videos, but do have 30 second half or so of text/graphics moving about before stopping and settling in frozen text.

Where do these fall? besides under fecking annoying

These ones can be header ad at top of page or big stealth one at bottom. This evening I've been subjected to a read flashing arrow on some phone ad while I've been writing about hitler and been distracted by scrolling text on some chat app I have no interest while trying to read other things. These advertisers instantly lose my interest purely by trying to gain it.

BankWadger Fri 05-Feb-16 22:30:21

Ha ha look at what appeared after I hit post. An auto play ad that is now playing on a loop as I type.

hmm

CrayonShavings Fri 05-Feb-16 22:40:03

There's a HUGE flipping advert for "ask a price" taking up the top of my screen, so I can't click on 'Talk' or 'Mumsnet' at the top, please make it go away MNHQ flowers

BankWadger Fri 05-Feb-16 23:22:55

Ohh typhoo, you can jog on.

BankWadger Fri 05-Feb-16 23:26:26

Sorry about the dark pictures. I have the twilight app on to help me sleep only I'm awake defending the Mongol hoardes about reading dictators -hmm-

BankWadger Fri 05-Feb-16 23:30:31

Obviously I'm defending the Mongol hordes and reading about dictators, not defending the Mongol hordes for reading. The stupid Domino's ad is making my page go all funny because even though there is no video it keeps reloading as if it is on autoplay

BankWadger Sat 06-Feb-16 09:40:12

I had to go sleep in the end because disney made the site unusable

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now