VERY LOUD ads that play automatically

(12 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

slightlyglitterbrained Fri 29-Jan-16 00:20:12

Haven't had this happen before tonight, but have had it happen twice now.

Given that I often MN when waiting for DS to go to sleep, it's extremely annoying.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 29-Jan-16 10:37:38

Hi slightlyglitterbrained - would you be happy to get a screenshot of the offender? We can then send this over to our Ads team.

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Fri 29-Jan-16 10:40:38

I had this a while back, it's hugely vexing! I had to content myself with fb but missed AIBU so much I had to risk it and come back .AND it had stopped grin

EveryFrickingNameIsTaken Fri 29-Jan-16 16:07:51

It's "Audiobooks from Audible" on Google Play. This also happened to me a few times yesterday and again about 5 minutes ago. It scared the life out of me each time. Probably wouldn't be so bad if the song playing hadn't been "Shout!" by Lulu. It was very loud

slightlyglitterbrained Sun 31-Jan-16 09:08:27

It hasn't happened again for me I'm afraid!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 31-Jan-16 16:29:21

slightlyglitterbrained - glad it hasn't happened again!

If anyone can catch a screenshot, this is the best way for the Ads team to know exactly which ad we're discussing. However, EveryFricking, that info is super useful. Thank you.

EveryFrickingNameIsTaken Wed 03-Feb-16 11:58:42

I've just had it again but with a different Ad.

lostinmiddlemarch Wed 03-Feb-16 12:13:27

Those ads that pop up when your mouse hovers over them are straight from hell. A clear sign that mn cares more about advertising revenue than what users actually want.

If I wanted to click on an ad, I would. If I wanted to read an ad, I would. This hover business means I have to keep looking at it to ensure my cursor isn't on it.

Intrusive isn't the word.

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Wed 03-Feb-16 13:38:59

EveryFrickingNameIsTaken

I've just had it again but with a different Ad.

Hi EveryFricking,

What was the noise that was playing from this ad? We have two ads on the page (one at the end of your mobile too) so we're just trying to pinpoint if sound is coming from the ad at the top or the bottom of the page. It's more likely that the sound will be coming from the ad at the end of the page so could you let us know what this advert is advertising?

Thanks for your help everyone, we'll try and get this blocked asap.

EveryFrickingNameIsTaken Wed 03-Feb-16 14:09:28

It is the one at the bottom of the page. I didn't know there was one there (never usually scroll that far down). Anyway, it's an advert for Bodyform.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 04-Feb-16 08:38:50

Thanks for that screenshot, EveryFrickingName - we're on the case!

ColetteTech (MNHQ) Thu 04-Feb-16 10:20:39

Thanks Every, that's really helpful. We've blocked advertising from Bodyform now so we're hoping you won't have this problem again, can you let us know if that's not the case?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now