Discussions of the day versus Trending

(11 Posts)
Katsite Thu 28-Jan-16 20:45:32

Can I set what I want to see as default? I prefer the Discussions but it keeps reverting to Trending.

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 28-Jan-16 22:50:24

Hmmm
I think trending trends over discussion of the day.
Sorry

Katsite Fri 29-Jan-16 15:46:21

thanks, Olivia. Too bad then.

Mner Fri 29-Jan-16 18:19:48

I'd prefer discussions of the day as a default too. Often the trending stuff is AIBU and I hid that topic for a reason!

Trills Fri 29-Jan-16 18:28:19

Maryz has strong feelings about this also.

Humble314 Fri 29-Jan-16 18:32:10

what does it mean? ''trending''

This isn't twitter, so what does it mean?

Maryz Fri 29-Jan-16 18:42:04

It doesn't mean anything. It's pointless and stupid and out of date and counted wrong [bitter]

See my recent thread

You should be ashamed to call yourself President, Olivia. Have you no powers at all? Are you like the Irish President, a figurehead only?

<wanders off muttering>

MrsHathaway Fri 29-Jan-16 18:51:48

Everywhere else on the Internet, trending means most shared/liked/commented on, not most viewed.

PresidentOlivia, you need to let the rest of MNHQ that Netflix and chill doesn't have much to do with relaxing in front of the telly...

Katsite Sun 31-Jan-16 15:07:59

at least I am not alone.

And, MNHQ, do you mean to make the wonderful person who thinks up clever Discussions of the Day-blurbs feel so bad?? Huh, do you?!

JackandDiane Sun 31-Jan-16 15:10:27

god you sound old ' this isnt twitter'

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 01-Feb-16 16:02:07

Hi Katside,

Sadly you can't set the default but you can click on Discussions of the day to see them.

Trending works, so Tech tells us: Every 5 minutes we get the list of top viewed threads from Google Analytics and we just display the first 5 of those.

So it is the most viewed threads, not the most posted on.

Active shows the most active threads (most recently posted on). Hope that helps to explain it a little.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now