That statistic 91 per cent of toddlers don't get enough exercise

(6 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

sootica Fri 22-Jan-16 07:13:07

Can you link to the research please MN
I've googled and not found it
It's a dramatic and worrying statistic and I'd like to investigate it for myself please. More than a bit disappointed it's not linked.

The "ideas" for getting toddlers off the couch - geocaching with a toddler? Would be interested to hear how many toddlers engage with geocaching!

RoganJosh Fri 22-Jan-16 07:15:59

Was it this? It says British Heart foundation.

www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/features/6877362/How-to-get-your-toddler-more-active-Shocking-stats-show-most-under-fives-dont-get-enough-exercise.html

RoganJosh Fri 22-Jan-16 07:18:18

And the original report is here
www.bhf.org.uk/~/media/files/publications/research/bhf_physical-activity-statistics-2015feb.pdf

MumOnTheRunCatchingUp Fri 22-Jan-16 08:05:26

My 2 year old ( he's 7 now) used to love geocaching! Now he's a pro and it's become a family hobby because it's the only thing I've found which the teens also love

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 22-Jan-16 11:32:17

Hi sootica - here is the ITV news story and here is the BHF's manifesto.

glorious Fri 22-Jan-16 12:35:26

Yes we've been geocaching too. We call it a treasure hunt and DD loves it. She's 2. Obviously we pick where we go with her in mind.

I can't say I'm surprised at the statistic. I think my DD is one of them! But I'm always surprised to be the only person in the park in the rain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now