"This tab has crashed" on mobile site often

(7 Posts)
BertieBotts Tue 19-Jan-16 11:41:42

I keep getting this message, often in the middle of reading a long thread, or (sometimes, annoyingly) when I'm in the middle of writing a longish reply!

It seems like the whole page has loaded, and it has, but then something, an ad, perhaps? I'm not sure, will suddenly make the tab "crash". If I tap on reload then the thread will come back for a second and then it starts reloading again. If I tap back, then the thread comes back for a second and then it starts loading Active, or wherever I was before.

It's really frustrating! Does anybody else have this?

Am sure you'll ask stats, so I'm using a Samsung phone, Android 5.1.1, using the default Android browser. I know I could use Chrome or another browser but I like the default one.

BertieBotts Tue 19-Jan-16 11:42:05

Oh, and it's happening on wifi, not just mobile internet, so it's not a dodgy connection.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 19-Jan-16 15:50:02

Hi BertieBotts,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem, and for supplying all the details. We're flagging this to our Tech team now.

In the meantime, if anyone else is seeing the same message, please let us know.

Tomboyinatutu Tue 19-Jan-16 15:52:46

This has been happening to me aswel.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 19-Jan-16 18:17:24

Thanks Tomboyinatutu - can you let us know some details about your phone make and model, plus which browser you're using?

Many thanks.

Tomboyinatutu Wed 20-Jan-16 18:52:13

Im using a kazam trooper 455 and my browser is google chrome

BertieBotts Thu 28-Jan-16 09:10:14

Still happening. sad always when I'm in the middle of writing a reply, and pressing reload loses it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now