Trending and hidden threads

(3 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

ParcelP Sun 27-Dec-15 22:28:40

I don't know if there's anything you can do it about it but there's a trending thread at the moment that is really bringing back bad memories for me so I've been on it and hidden it but it's still there on the trending things. Is there any way to set things so thT if you hide a thread it doesn't appear in your trending?

Maryz Sun 27-Dec-15 22:59:27

Sorry you are upset flowers

I've asked for this lots of times - not for the same reasons, but because for those of us who do hide threads that might be upsetting, infuriating or even just boring, it's really annoying to have them sitting there for the rest of the day and I have no self control so keep clicking back in

I think it must be something they can't do, because it's been asked for so often that if they could they surely would have by now.

I think DOTD appears on top of Trending on the Mobile site (I'm not sure, but I think it might) so converting to that temporarily might get you away from the thread.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 28-Dec-15 15:03:57

Hi ParcelP,

Sorry for the delay.

We're sorry too if a thread's triggered some bad memories for you. flowers

We don't have much control over threads that are trending - they pop up automatically - but we do keep an eye out for anything we consider sensitive or offensive or just a bit too sweary, and we're able to manually exclude them from the Trending box.

If there are any particular threads you're concerned about, please report them to us and we'll see about excluding them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now