Can't log in on phone or tablet

(12 Posts)
ellenanora5 Thu 03-Sep-15 17:02:43

Hi, I'm just wondering can anyone help me with logging in on my phone and tablet, I couldn't log in at all after the problems a couple of weeks again so I reregisitered with a small change to my username and a new email address, I can log in on iPad (but its my sons) but nothing else, thanks

Simurgh Thu 03-Sep-15 17:18:07

Maybe the 'small' change to the user name wasn't enough? (I don't know what exotic name/IP screens MNHQ have up there.) Had you properly logged out of everything?

MNHQ need to be your advisers on this one, I suspect.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 03-Sep-15 17:19:12

Hi ellenanora5 - are you getting an error message? Would you be able to screenshot what is happening when you try and log in? Thank you.

ellenanora5 Thu 03-Sep-15 17:49:54

Thanks Simurgh, I actually didn't log out at all, I hadn't been on for a few days and when I tried to log in I couldnt, then I saw the email about the hacking so tried to change password a couple of times but it wouldn't work, so last week I was using my sons iPad and I reregisitered with a new email, feel a bit daft to be honest, I'm not great with this sort of thing at all.

Becca, thanks, I have no idea how to do a screenshot, sorry blush, when I try to log in on my phone or tablet it just says username or password is in correct, check details and try again.

Tyrannosaurus Thu 03-Sep-15 18:13:15

I am having the same problem. I haven't been able to get onto the mobile site on my iphone for a week or so now. I have tried deleting the app from my phone and re installing it, not no joy. It comes up "Connection failed Unable to connect with Mumsnet" every time.

Simurgh Thu 03-Sep-15 18:35:09

Tyrannousaurus

The App has been taken down due to potential security risks. That's the message you'll get if you try to get in on it. Have you triied Safari?

There should be another App along in a few weeks or so - they were in the final stages of testing before Jeffrey happened along.

TheBobbinIsWound Thu 03-Sep-15 19:03:22

Thank you for the fred . Was just thinking the same thing. (Been away so out of the loop)

RIP old app.
Long live the shiny new app (when it comes)

Tyrannosaurus Thu 03-Sep-15 20:07:10

Ah, thanks, how did I manage to miss that! I am actually having to participate in RL at the moment, not happy!

PuppyMouse Thu 03-Sep-15 20:31:23

I had exact same problem. Glad I checked!

Simurgh Thu 03-Sep-15 20:45:38

You'll all have to talk to your family, bake cakes etc, all those good things. Think how improving it's going to be for you. grin

Jackie0 Thu 03-Sep-15 20:50:19

Oh its the app.
Good to know I'm having exactly the same problem.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 04-Sep-15 16:24:40

Hi everyone - yes the app has been taken down for the moment. Please do check this thread for more info.

Is anyone having trouble logging in on the mobile site?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now