Thread throwing me out of the App

(12 Posts)
cozietoesie Wed 22-Jul-15 18:27:23

This thread on AIBU is throwing me perfunctorily out of the App - it did it this morning (about 6 times) and did it again a few minutes ago when I checked it. (I had assumed that the App might be having a bad moment and gave it some time to settle down.)

I'm posting this now on the laptop, being the only way I can link to it.

cozietoesie Wed 22-Jul-15 18:35:50

Interestingly, I can open it fine from the link here. It's just trying to open it directly from AIBU that closes the App down.

wigglesrock Wed 22-Jul-15 21:02:44

Yup, I can't open it directly either, I can from your link. It happens to me periodically with innocuous threads from different topics.

Kleptronic Wed 22-Jul-15 21:19:01

I think it's the // someone's posted. The app has trouble with funny characters/things resembling HTML markup. Which that does.

Normal web pages are usually constructed to 'escape' these characters by telling the browser not to read them as code/markup. I don't think the app is very good at it, and crashes out.

I've seen this before in the app, had a look, noticed odd/markup-alike characters, and drawn my own conclusions as a web developer.

cozietoesie Wed 22-Jul-15 21:43:01

Thanks for that Kleptronic. One can only trust that the new App's developers are on the ball with that one.

smile

Kleptronic Wed 22-Jul-15 22:39:52

De nada Cosie. Let's hope so grin

Kleptronic Wed 22-Jul-15 22:40:19

Oops sorry Cozie!

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Thu 23-Jul-15 10:40:09

Thanks for flagging this Cozie - we'll let the App-y people know.

MyPreciousRing Thu 23-Jul-15 22:18:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FrannyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jul-15 15:07:55

Hi cozie Are you using the current app or the new Talk app (in testing)?

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 24-Jul-15 17:33:59

Tech have also passed on this message:
'We are looking into it, but in the mean time use the mobile site if you wish to visit that thread'

Thanks everyone.

cozietoesie Fri 24-Jul-15 19:40:01

Hi Franny

The current App on an ipad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now