I think there's been a mistake with this deletion message

(34 Posts)
BOFster Sun 29-Jun-14 22:37:13

Here. As the OP had used made-up names and an unidentifiable situation, I can only think that the wrong reason has been selected from the drop-down menu.

I think what you really meant to click was "Thread deleted for being a creepy masturbatory fantasy from a returning troll that would only go unrecognised by the very new or the most credulous of users".

Chairs.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 05-Jul-14 10:21:15

Morning! If I recall correctly, the OP asked for it to be deleted because there was too much identifying information in it. You're right, we do try not to delete threads wherever possible, but that, combined with the fact that it was just full of troll-hunting by the end of the thread, is probably what pushed it over to 'zap' territory I expect.

Portofino makes a good point though. Regardless of the veracity of a thread, we always ask posters to remember not to give more of themselves emotionally than they can afford to lose on any thread.
<does wise old sage face... Looks more like haggard old gimmer face>

PortofinoRevisited Fri 04-Jul-14 23:36:01

Wankfest trolls seem to abound. I fully realise that MNHQ can't make a judgement call but it would be really good if people could stop oversharing on these threads. I feel genuine dismay when I see people posting about things like abuse on what I recognise as very dodgy threads.

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 30-Jun-14 18:59:28

Annie! gringrin

grin Annie

See how strongly my phone feels about this! grin

Exactly. Why delete it? I thought it was general MN policy not to pull theads just because the OP got a well-deserved flaming and regretted having ever posted in the first place.

Exactly. Why delete it? I thought it was general MN policy not to pull theads just because the OP got a well-deserved flaming and regretted having ever posted in the first place.

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 30-Jun-14 17:53:37

So why did you delete it then?

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 30-Jun-14 15:44:01

Hi all,

We see what you're saying about this one but <ducks> we couldn't see anything to suggest the poster wasn't genuine.

We can see that the OP was a bit odd, but that alone isn't really grounds for us to delete a thread, so we're going to leave things as they are now.

tiredandsadmum Mon 30-Jun-14 09:28:39

Yes I was disappointed in that message too. It was such a dreadful thread it was funny!

lettertoherms Mon 30-Jun-14 09:19:04

I always skip over the obvious troll threads by the titles, but then I'm always disappointed I didn't pop in and read the OP when I see threads like this later!

sad

OfficerVanHalen Mon 30-Jun-14 09:11:20

grin

Are we protecting his privacy in case he wants to revisit the topic? Perhaps 'sue' or 'carol' will post next week? Or one of his daughters? Or maybe 'sue' has a 19yo by now. Or maybe 19yo twins! Yes, I'd love to hear from 'sue's' 19yo boy/girl twins. There you go luv, you can have that one for free.

MrsSchadenfreude Sun 29-Jun-14 23:21:38

It was like something in a cheap women's magazine.

Cocolepew Sun 29-Jun-14 23:18:28

Oh I never read that one.

FishWithABicycle Sun 29-Jun-14 23:09:56

You can tell the thread from the URL - it was The family mess that has controlled my life for over 20 years - How can I go to my daughters wedding - the OP of this thread is correct this was so obviously a troll I couldn't eve be bothered to read beyond the first few shock shock shock responses.

Pancakeflipper Sun 29-Jun-14 23:07:12

So many people posting to get their kicks for whatever purpose lately.

BOFster Sun 29-Jun-14 23:03:48

Yes, the OP was hidden by the Night Watch, I believe. MNHQ have apparently been snowed under this weekend.

I too was disappointed with the reason for deletion. Privacy issues indeed. Pah!

DottyDooRidesAgain Sun 29-Jun-14 23:00:10

There's a masturbation one? shock

There always seems to be a masturbation one. I don't know why I'm surprised. smile

DottyDooRidesAgain Sun 29-Jun-14 22:57:12

Was that the one with the OP 'hidden'?
That was clearly a weird one confused

Pancakeflipper Sun 29-Jun-14 22:55:49

Glad it's been deleted.

Is it deleted because it's total crap?
Or because they are identifiable (poor Sue)?

Cocolepew Sun 29-Jun-14 22:54:31

Thought this might be the masturbation one hmm

CelibacyCakeandElevatorMuzac Sun 29-Jun-14 22:52:49

*admittedly not under this NN or registration,

SecretWitch Sun 29-Jun-14 22:52:30

Ahhhh, yes I skimmed that thread and moved right on..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now