I think there's been a mistake with this deletion message

(34 Posts)
BOFster Sun 29-Jun-14 22:37:13

Here. As the OP had used made-up names and an unidentifiable situation, I can only think that the wrong reason has been selected from the drop-down menu.

I think what you really meant to click was "Thread deleted for being a creepy masturbatory fantasy from a returning troll that would only go unrecognised by the very new or the most credulous of users".

Chairs.

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 30-Jun-14 17:53:37

So why did you delete it then?

Exactly. Why delete it? I thought it was general MN policy not to pull theads just because the OP got a well-deserved flaming and regretted having ever posted in the first place.

Exactly. Why delete it? I thought it was general MN policy not to pull theads just because the OP got a well-deserved flaming and regretted having ever posted in the first place.

See how strongly my phone feels about this! grin

grin Annie

MrsSchadenfreude Mon 30-Jun-14 18:59:28

Annie! gringrin

PortofinoRevisited Fri 04-Jul-14 23:36:01

Wankfest trolls seem to abound. I fully realise that MNHQ can't make a judgement call but it would be really good if people could stop oversharing on these threads. I feel genuine dismay when I see people posting about things like abuse on what I recognise as very dodgy threads.

IonaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 05-Jul-14 10:21:15

Morning! If I recall correctly, the OP asked for it to be deleted because there was too much identifying information in it. You're right, we do try not to delete threads wherever possible, but that, combined with the fact that it was just full of troll-hunting by the end of the thread, is probably what pushed it over to 'zap' territory I expect.

Portofino makes a good point though. Regardless of the veracity of a thread, we always ask posters to remember not to give more of themselves emotionally than they can afford to lose on any thread.
<does wise old sage face... Looks more like haggard old gimmer face>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now