I don't give a feck about PMQT

(19 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

KarlWrenbury Fri 27-Jun-14 06:54:08

Particularly because those sliders ANNOY ME SO MUCH

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Jun-14 07:28:22

Could we have sliders that alert us to bunfights instead?

KarlWrenbury Fri 27-Jun-14 08:10:11

Hi there Sparkers !

zirca Fri 27-Jun-14 08:24:37

Me too! I have a pop-up blocker but the slider still appears!!

ophiotaurus Fri 27-Jun-14 10:56:05

It keeps appearing every time I go back onto active convos. Very annoying.

Sparklingbrook Fri 27-Jun-14 12:33:09

Hi Karl. I haven't seen a slider today yet.

MissMilbanke Fri 27-Jun-14 12:37:49

Yes aren't they irritating

That would be a fantastic option Sparkling grin

LotsaTuddles Fri 27-Jun-14 12:39:45

I closed it and it hasn't come back since.

Although, I do agree, there should be a slider to alert us to bun fights grin

PourquoiTuGachesTaVie Fri 27-Jun-14 12:41:02

I don't find it that annoying, it's in the bottom right of the screen where I don't need to look!

What is annoying is when the hovering "active convos" link (the one that follows you down the page) keeps directing you to the ad which is down the sides of the screen.

It pisses me off too. And frankly I think there are so many things that are far more important, and greater priorities, than MN trying to reform PMQs.

CrystalSkulls Fri 27-Jun-14 13:41:58

who really actually honestly gives a shit about PMQT?

RebeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 27-Jun-14 14:19:53

Hi all,

Please do click on the X in the corner if you aren't interested.

The petition arose out of the results of our survey into the UK's political culture; we do know that lots of folk are interested (40,328 have signed so far) and we wanted to alert people to the fact it's there. Justine has posted a thread here with further info.

But, of course, ignore at will - and as with all our campaigns, if you disagree with it, do tell us.

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 27-Jun-14 14:22:19

KarlWrenbury

Particularly because those sliders ANNOY ME SO MUCH

Hi KarlWrenbury,

Sorry you're getting annoyed by the sliders. You can turn them off, though! smile

We admit we've had a few technical issues with them, but if you take a look at the latest post by JessicaMumsnet on the stickied thread, you'll see that our Tech folk have released a fix to solve any closing problems.

Do hop on that thread if you have any other questions about sliders.

KarlWrenbury Fri 27-Jun-14 18:03:48

thanks - I will turn them off - I never knew it was an option,

PErhaps a slider could say that ?! wink

I have posted on that thread, and no-one from MNHQ has responded yet, DawnMumsnet, so no fix for me yet. sad

JessicaMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 27-Jun-14 19:43:18

Hello, we've posted on the other thread now but just to repeat here.

We will be looking into adding a customise option so people can opt out of seeing them and thank you letting us know it was Safari on an iPad because now we can try to fix that issue.

Thank you. smile

KarlWrenbury Sat 28-Jun-14 02:27:48

Tbh with so many complaints and a way out if them the question remains. Why? Why have them ?

JessicaMumsnet (MNHQ) Sat 28-Jun-14 11:09:09

Hi KarlWenbury, we are trying them as just one way to let people know about things that are happening across mumsnet.

Based on feedback we will be working on a way to allow people to opt out of seeing them if they wish but they have been useful to some people.

There are lots of people who don't necessarily post about what they like or don't like so we also look at what gets clicked and viewed.

We're tracking and reviewing all the time so please do continue to let us know what you think.

Hope that helps explain our motivations a little more.

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now