Slow site-loading times

(143 Posts)
RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-May-14 14:08:22

Hello

We just wanted to say - many apologies for the slow page-loading times and/or connection problems that lots of you have been experiencing over the last few days.

We've had a look at server performance at our end and there have definitely been some periods when it's been very slow to respond.

We're on it and trying to work out a fix. wine and/or brew and/or cake in the meantime - please bear with us.

Thank you

SantasLittleMonkeyButler Fri 23-May-14 14:41:39

Oh, good. Glad it's not just me grin.

ThatBloodyWoman Fri 23-May-14 14:45:23

Thank goodness.

I was thinking about starting a thread to say I really cba with Mn if it's going to keep doing this....

But then I'd have to do more housework sad

gatofeliz Fri 23-May-14 15:12:18

Mine was slightly faster this morning but has slowed right down again since lunchtime.

I am getting loads done today. CBA to MN much when it's so slow. grin

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 23-May-14 15:16:50

gatofeliz

Mine was slightly faster this morning but has slowed right down again since lunchtime.

Yes, it had a funny five minutes (well, 30 minutes) around midday and now it seems to be doing it again... <pedals faster>

AnimalsAreMyFriends Fri 23-May-14 16:22:03

Mine has been unbelievably slow. I've been forced to do ironing shock This is not good!

gatofeliz Fri 23-May-14 17:24:35

I'm also only getting half an active discussions screen with the bottom part missing every now and then confused

Selks Fri 23-May-14 17:45:39

Still slow.

FruVikingessOla Fri 23-May-14 19:33:06

It's these little buggers wot's causing it hmm

TheHuffAndPuffALot Fri 23-May-14 20:38:07

I had the site offline message earlier too, and then it changed to desktop version without me doing anything. And there's a big black cross following me down the phone screen.

mazzi2fly Fri 23-May-14 20:38:26

What FruVikinggessOla says

There will be more MNers doing the sexstuff because of this, Rowan.

Someone's gotta scare those horses.

QuintessentiallyQS Fri 23-May-14 21:29:46

I told them several days ago it was them buttons.

Each one of them query their own server one at the time. So, it goes like this "querying pinterest. " wait 50 seconds. "querrying google plus" wait 50 second, etc

I am amazed nobody at mnhq has tried to see the problem from outside.

juneybean Fri 23-May-14 21:37:56

I totally understand, I have periods where I'm very slow to respond.

Hassled Fri 23-May-14 21:40:17

The button theory makes more sense than anything I've come up with, which in fairness had more to do with hamsters in balls firing up the servers through the power of their minds.

Meanwhile it is absolutely exasperating. It's stopped being one of those winsome loveable quirks of MN and just become bloody annoying. Don't make me lose the love.

QuintessentiallyQS Fri 23-May-14 21:45:22

Maybe they will sort it if we ALL start using the buttons to share the "Fucking hell sort the server out" threads?

Back2Two Fri 23-May-14 21:48:36

Blardy hell. So glad it is not just me.

CalamitouslyWrong Fri 23-May-14 22:08:03

I don't seem to have any of those annoying wee buttons anywhere, but the site's still ridiculously slow.

Amrapaali Fri 23-May-14 22:08:40

I can't see these buttons on the iPad, but its still slow. Are these buttons only on the desktop version?

OddBoots Fri 23-May-14 22:18:06

It was something like rover.ebay that was snarling things up yesterday. All the mn pages seem very busy with dynamic content, it must be hitting the limits of what's possible.

AnyaKnowIt Fri 23-May-14 22:54:16

I'm still getting security warning

ouryve Fri 23-May-14 22:57:32

Mine has been positively speedy, this evening.

TheSarcasticFringehead Sat 24-May-14 13:56:49

Thank God it's not just me! It's a lot quicker now smile

VivaLeBeaver Sat 24-May-14 16:17:15

Please fix it. I'm worried there might be a surge in births in 9 months time if people can't MN.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now