Android App "unable to connect with Mumsnet"

(278 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

ChineseFireball Thu 22-May-14 20:03:05

Hello. I've had difficulty with the Android app today and can't seem to connect. Is it just me? I keep getting an error message (hopefully I've attached a screenshot). I'm running Android 4.1.2 on a Samsung, if that matters.

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 11-Jun-14 10:25:32

Ah interesting nearlyready - can everyone whose still struggling have a go logging in with the username?

nearlyreadytopop Tue 10-Jun-14 07:24:42

I'm back! My app works! I logged in with my username instead if email address. Thanks Mnhq

RowanMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Jun-14 11:50:32

Many apologies - we're a bit baffled to be honest. If it was a general problem with the Android app we'd be getting many more complaints about it - so for now (really sorry to be so unhelpful) it's looking more likely to be a problem at your end than at ours.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Fri 06-Jun-14 11:41:52

I still can't get into MN on main computersad

AmyMumsnet (MNHQ) Fri 06-Jun-14 11:39:21

Hi there,

We've had a look and the connection problem is now fixed so it won't be that which is causing the issue.

Can you make sure you're signing in with your username and not your email address as this might be the reason that you can't log in. If that doesn't work, pop a screenshot of what you're seeing on this thread and we'll try to get to the bottom of it.

piratecat Wed 04-Jun-14 16:20:46

my app still not working on samsung ace. reinstalled and all that.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 04-Jun-14 14:28:31

My app works but now I've been kicked out of home computer and won't let me sign in and not accepting passwordhmm

nearlyreadytopop Wed 04-Jun-14 14:25:36

Hellloooo smile Any progress on this?
Thanks

nearlyreadytopop Mon 02-Jun-14 14:42:05

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 mini and its still not working. I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Everything is coming up empty.
HELP

Woohoo, mne still wasn't working, so I unnstalled it and redownloaded it etc. Now all working just fine (apart from the text being just that teeny bit too small and I can't adjust it, but that's not new).

I didn't like not having MN. Not one bit. Too faffy to use chrome on my phone to view. I had lots of appointments last week, and soon read every page on the Guardian App, and was just about getting tempted to download the D** M* app I was so bored! Fixed in the nick of time grin!

TeaAddict235 Sat 31-May-14 15:50:34

i'm back in business grin

ThatVikRinA22 Sat 31-May-14 14:52:21

It's working now! As always I was last!

FourForksAche Sat 31-May-14 13:21:07

what phones are you both using? do you know which version of Android you're running?

piratecat Sat 31-May-14 09:22:17

vicar, same here.

I've deleted the app now, it was pretty useless anyhow. sad

DuchessofMalfi Sat 31-May-14 06:49:53

Mine's working again smile smile smile smile

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 30-May-14 22:19:39

why is mine still not working????!

FourForksAche Fri 30-May-14 18:19:54

I will never moan about the app again*, so nice to have it back.

*that bit may not be entirely accurate smile

So happy to have the app working again! Thank you MN! smile

Mandy2003 Fri 30-May-14 11:49:20

chinesefireball my phone's a bit primitive and my connection too lumpy to try logging in and out and flipping and all that sad

Marylou2 Fri 30-May-14 08:48:31

Thankyou!!! All good now!!!

ChineseFireball Fri 30-May-14 06:47:59

Mandy while we wait for a proper fix for the annoying stickies thing (or is it just going to be a shiny new app?!), do they go away if you log out and log in again? That at least works for me, although I then have to go into settings and flip threads twice so that the OP is at the top and newest posts at the bottom. Twice because even though it says they are that way up, they're not.

Mandy2003 Fri 30-May-14 03:03:06

Thanks grin grin

Now, about the 8 pages of stickies at the top of Active...?

heidipi Fri 30-May-14 01:10:00

yay; thank you

It works thanks smile

mumeeee Thu 29-May-14 23:50:44

Just tried the app again and it's working perfectly. Thanks for fixing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now