"This thread has been hidden until MN team can have a look at it"

(10 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread. Read here.

fuckwitteryhasform Sun 27-Apr-14 04:55:17

This is good - when did it come about and what are the criteria?
Just saw a hugely offensive troll post (advocating violence to children in the name of religion) but before I could report it was gone with the above message. Is it an automated thing?

fuckwitteryhasform Sun 27-Apr-14 04:55:58

Should say I was v worried when I saw it would stay up for hours because of the time posted

stargirl1701 Sun 27-Apr-14 04:56:43

'Tis the Nightwatch at work.

fuckwitteryhasform Sun 27-Apr-14 05:05:58

What is the nightwatch, just more MN staff online at night or something else?

SavoyCabbage Sun 27-Apr-14 05:17:17

Sometimes it's on totally normal threads though. Like ones about where to buy shoelaces in Norfolk.

SavoyCabbage Sun 27-Apr-14 05:17:49

And they aren't hidden as they are in active.

It's Nightwatch
Not MNHQ and not automated but a select group of super mumsnetters who can hide very dodgy stuff.
hth

http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_night_watch/2015451-Night-Watch-begins-this-evening?noti=1#46302667

more info here and you can post on this thread if you see something that may warrant actionsmile

DawnMumsnet (MNHQ) Sun 27-Apr-14 14:41:39

Hi there, fuckwitteryhasform

As our lovely MNers have been explaining, our Nightwatch crew are here to keep an eye on things in the wee small hours.

And a marvellous job they've been doing, too thanks thanks

Here's the link to the thread telling you all about it www.mumsnet.com/Talk/the_night_watch/2015451-Night-Watch-begins-this-evening

fuckwitteryhasform Mon 28-Apr-14 17:29:55

Ah ok missed this, great idea and they were seriously quick if the mark with that properly vile post I saw the other night while up with the baby, would have been truly awful if it has hung around til morning

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now