ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Are you ever going to do anything about trolls?

(336 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 00:46:14

Because it's really got fucking ridiculous.

You need to change your stance from "we have to prove it's trolling before we delete" to "we have to use common sense and realise this is ridiculous before we delete".

The site is becoming a parody of itself.

I'm getting to the stage that I no longer believe my own posts confused

themockingjay Mon 21-Apr-14 01:20:34

grin grin grin grin grin i am fairly new to mumsnet but Not a troll...

are they known for doing that? The funny thing is I didn't know what mumsnet was until soneone was showing off about the troll thread on Facebook I had a nosy... reported troll thread and then got bloody Addicted to the site... how rude!

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 01:21:47

slithy, that would seem like a good idea. But I've become very cynical recently - I suspect many of the trolls are actually long-term posters who just want a bit of extra attention.

Not to mention the ones (probably members of the fictional writers' group) who are long term trolls hmm They start slow, and ramp it up.

AlpacaYourThings Mon 21-Apr-14 01:21:59

The trolls threads have been very irritating this evening.

They are so predictable.

And not even a little bit funny.

scottishmummy Mon 21-Apr-14 01:22:27

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 01:22:58

Please tell me you didn't come via penisbeaker, mockingjay? You may have to go and scrub your keyboard with bleach, do the same to your eyeballs and start again.

RhondaJean Mon 21-Apr-14 01:23:19

I quite like the idea of the stars...

<coff> pm Mary <coff>

slithytove Mon 21-Apr-14 01:23:26

They aren't funny which is a shame. I appreciate an intelligent troll. Get good and sucked in for a few pages. grin Sadly they are a rare breed.

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 01:23:29

[arf] at frothing.

sm, do you ever do anything but froth about people frothing?

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Apr-14 01:23:40

I just don't know what to think any more. My radar seems to be permanently aglow.

AlpacaYourThings Mon 21-Apr-14 01:23:55

Honestly, I think there should be a member since but next to your name. I get that people will complain about 'MN Royalty' but honestly, it's got to be better than this?

scottishmummy Mon 21-Apr-14 01:24:08

If mn causes you such angst,leave.you don't define the site,it'll carry on regardless

AlpacaYourThings Mon 21-Apr-14 01:24:54

I said honestly a bit too much blush

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Apr-14 01:25:10

YY sm you say that every time.

D0oinMeCleanin Mon 21-Apr-14 01:25:28

I'd actually never seen you before OP, nor did I recognise you, until my mouse did that wandering across the screen on it's own thingy I spotted the by-line under your name.

I am ashamed to admit that I did, originally, think you were a troll trying to prove a point <ahem>

wine?

I don't come on MN as much anymore, it seems to have had the humour sucked out of it lately, I've been hanging around the last few days to escape the crappiness of RL. Tonight has me considering whether to go back into hiding.

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 01:26:02

pm'ed you Rhonda grin

RhondaJean Mon 21-Apr-14 01:27:04

Or maybe even a number of previous posts - obviously broad for anonymity - less than 100, 100-500, 500-1000...

That could be Embarassing mind you!

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 01:27:13

Don't do that D0in, I'm nice, honest I am (despite my weird Easter name).

It's a bit strange around here atm.

RhondaJean Mon 21-Apr-14 01:27:19

grin

scottishmummy Mon 21-Apr-14 01:28:13

I'll habitually say it.if you think mn gorn to dawgs/keech/not like ole days.leave

Sparklingbrook Mon 21-Apr-14 01:29:25

I don't think it has sm I just know that tonight it has been full of Trolls.

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 01:29:46

If you don't like people complaining, you could <SIOB> leave.

And if you don't like me (which you have made very clear you don't), why on earth do you always post on my threads?

If I don't like people, I avoid them, which seems sensible to me.

WildThong Mon 21-Apr-14 01:32:43

SM I've not heard keech for years! One of my late dad's favourite adjectives, as in "a pile of" grin

scottishmummy Mon 21-Apr-14 01:33:07

Who are you addressing in your red mist?

MaRyzerection Mon 21-Apr-14 01:34:27

You, sm.

If you don't like me, why do you always follow me around and try to talk to me? You obviously think I'm a pain in the arse, that's fine.

The feeling is mutual smile

OldLadyKnowsSomething Mon 21-Apr-14 01:34:43

I am (now) assuming that Op is usually Maryz, for whom I usually have huge respect.

And have been reading her posts this eevning, on different threads, as Maryz erection, rather than the "resurrection" (I now presume was) intended.

So that's been odd interesting.

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now